Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Goodwins listed as a Centre.

Who do people think i trade out for Heath Shaw?

Symes to Shaw OR Mattner to Shaw (Pfeiffer and SD Thompson to cover)

The idea is that eventually i have done these 2 swaps:
Symes and Mattner to Shaw and Chad Cornes.

Whats the better way to go about this?
Let Mattner stay till Chornes returns, even though i know hes losing money and scoring badly. Or do i let Symes sit on the bench, waiting for the prime moment to pick up Chad?

I'm in the same boat having chad, symes and mattner, cept i have shaw.

I believe both players have peaked. If you can cover symes this week, i would trade mattner otherwise if you trade symes, mattner will go down quite a bit.

Both have high breakevens, and if you can trade symes out next week and mattner this week you won't lose as much if you traded symes out this week and mattner later on. Hope that makes sense.

Thinking of picking up Scott Thompson this week for that joke of a player Ricky Dyson! My main concern i guess is tags. Does thompson draw the main tag at adelaide, i havnt seen him play this year so if any of you have any knowledge of this please fill me in. Thanks.
Also thinking of Swan but as im playing for league im concerned about his Round 21 game against Sydney!!!!!

2 of the worst trades ive seen all year.

What's wrong with that - Murphy is back to his DT dominance of 2 years ago and Chapman is ripe for the picking.

I have a tough game ahead and not much on my bench (especially forward line).

Second day as a BF member and it looks like I already have an enemy!

What's wrong with that - Murphy is back to his DT dominance of 2 years ago and Chapman is ripe for the picking.

I have a tough game ahead and not much on my bench (especially forward line).

Second day as a BF member and it looks like I already have an enemy!

Let me elaborate. Chapman is a great pick - as a forward. If you have to trade Riewoldt (I wouldnt until you are certain he is out for an extended period) then you should trade him for Chapman. However, this is a sideways trade if Riewoldt is back in 3 weeks.

Hodge is the same thing. Hell miss 3 weeks at the most, maybe just the 2. You do not trade guns like these if they are out for less than a month.

Keep them and save your trades for other areas.

Oh and welcome to BigFooty! ;)

Riewoldt--> R. Murphy
Hodge--> Chapman

These are both sideways trades.

Chapman is not worth getting as a midfielder, he is perfect for a forward.

You're better off using your bench, saving your trades for upgrades and cash cow downgrades.

Also saving around 4 or 5 trades for Long term injuries.

If you really wanted to trade and think Riewoldt is out for an extended period of time I would swap the players in bold.

I'm thinking upgrade Hill --> Brad Johnson
Symes---> Milburn

Not sure about Brad Johnson, I'm afraid he only had one lucky game but still in bad form, that's just my feeling.

Will King play??

Anyone getting BJ, be wary he is still sore even after the week off, slight doubt on him starting this week, long trip to Perth he may miss.

Source 10 news tonight.

I have come to the conclusion i am only trading Symes if Proud is not picked....if proud does not play i will be getting Milburn

Thoughts?

I do have riewoldt, symes and chad but i still believe this is the lowest corey will get and i am going to get him despite these injuries.

Bird--->Browne
Dyson--->Corey

will put riewoldt on the bench for tippet and i hope chad comes back soon.

I might have to trade off symes the week after if he looks like being another 3 weeks away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you guys think? Have 24k in the bank.

Hill --> Cheapy (72k player that wont do squat, cant afford any higher)
Jetta --> Brad Johnson

or

Hill--> 92k player like neagle (leaving me with plenty of spare cash)
Aker --> Brad Johnson (too much of a sideways trade? But Aker will eventually be gone from my team)

or

Hill --> 92k player
Rioli --> Brad Johnson

or

Symes --> Milburn
Hill --> Cheapy like neagle

I want johnson and I dont want hill, but I dont like my options of who to trade and who to get. None of the above look very enticing. Maybe just trade hill out?

What do you guys think? Have 24k in the bank.

Hill --> Cheapy (72k player that wont do squat, cant afford any higher)
Jetta --> Brad Johnson

or

Hill--> 92k player like neagle (leaving me with plenty of spare cash)
Aker --> Brad Johnson (too much of a sideways trade? But Aker will eventually be gone from my team)

or

Hill --> 92k player
Rioli --> Brad Johnson

I want johnson and I dont want hill, but I dont like my options of who to trade and who to get.

Do this one if you have a solid emergency.
If not you could still risk it or do
Hill --> 92k player
Rioli --> Brad Johnson

Aker is not a priority IMO

Hill --> 92k player
Rioli --> Brad Johnson

I disagree. Of those trades listed I would probably trade out Aker if I had to do one. I'm not convinced that Aker's a keeper despite his great start to the year, I just can't see him improving on his current average, and it looks to me like his price is on the way down, while Rioli still has some cash to make. Of course whether he's a keeper or not depends entirely on the rest of your team.

I think it's too early to write off your 9th forward, especially with Riewoldts injury and the doubt around Brown (if you have either of these guys anyway).

Whether Rioli is more of a priority is irrelevant in my opinion, I think you should trade players when the opportunity presents itself, not necessarily from the bottom up. However, from the number of posts I've read that mention the priority of trading players it looks like I'm outnumbered on this one.

Hill --> 92k player
Rioli --> Brad Johnson

I have tippet as emergency so I might go with this option. My forward line is pretty solid. If I did this trade my worst forward would be rioli, next worst aker.

thoughts on.......

Dillema: Want to trade out Vince, but don't really want an injured Brad Johnson on my conscience and could get Pavlich if "not ideal" trades are done.

14 trades in the bank as it stands now:

Could:

Trade Gamble-----> Josh Smith giving me enough money for Vince to pav leaving me with like $1000 in the bank

Trade Kreuzer-----> Mumford....believe simmonds and Cox will be there all year..therefore mumford becomes irrelevant

or

Trade Bartram for Browne

Then Vince for B.johnson.....Giansiracusa..Rob Murphy etc...i could do with a doggies player as i don't have one

I also want to trade out Gram the following week and could do a straight swap for Milburn or someone of that ilk if i do the Bartram to browne, Vince to B.Johnson trade....i just hate the fact that there is so much doubt over BJ!!

Is gia or rob murphy a good pick-up or should i try and get the Pav before his price skyrockets this week????

Cheers

ive gone and upgraded pfeifer to peter burgoyne

my second trade is not so easy though

im thinking of either downgrading Nick Stevens to Browne
Or upgrading Vince to Brad Johnson

The only problem is that i already have Palmer/Armitage/Ibbotson in my team, so adding Browne, means two cash cows will have to play untill they peak and ill then swap them for Ablett/Swan

any thoughts?

I still think it is a little to early in the year to be trading a rookie down to a 72k player that will not get a game.

I like having two players on the bench, who have a chance of getting a game. Just look at the backline this year, having two rookies on the bench has saved me a couple of 0's.

Maybe come round 16 onwards I might consider freeing up some cash, just not this early in the season.

I've already made my trades for this week. Just want to get some feedback as I've been known to make "boo-boos" with my trades.

Starting 22 for Round 8

Shaw (VC)
Cornes
Birchall
Bradshaw
Ibbotson
Nicoski
Taylor
Hurn
S Selwood

Corey
Goodwin
S Thompson
N Stevens
Dal Santo
Palmer
Houli
Masten (EMG)

Cox
Kreuzer
Leuenberger (EMG)
Orreal

Franklin (C)
Didak
Pavlich
S Johnson
Rioli
Hawkins
J Brown
Ebert
Tippett (EMG)

Trades were
OUT: Jones, Symes
IN: Goodwin, Shaw

I had about $166K in the bank but now it's down to $9,100. I have 10 trades left.

Do you think I made good trades, if not, who should've I traded? And who should I be looking to pick up down the track? I'm thinking Brad Johnson and White/Simmonds in future weeks.

Also, is it worth spending big money in the backline at this point? My thoughts were that apart from a very select few (some of who I already have) the more expensive backs aren't really high scoring this year. Would it just be better to invest in more expensive players in other areas to make up for the backs?

Thanks for any tips.

im looking at making the following trades out HILL and in NEAGLE and then out PFEIFFER and in ROUGHEAD could i get some feedback as to wether or not these are good trades. cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back