Preview Round 8 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Mohr is just a good story isn't it?

Can't see him being the only change tho, hopper good chance to debut but hasn't played for some weeks... So maybe tommo comes in to play a wing?

Hopper to Debut
GIANTS Media May 12, 2016 4:01 PM

HopperDebut-ARTICLE.jpg

Jacob Hopper will play for the GIANTS against the Suns on Saturday afternoon.

Last year’s number seven draft pick Jacob Hopper will make his AFL debut against the Gold Coast Suns on Saturday afternoon at Spotless Stadium.

From Leeton in southern NSW, Hopper was a member of the GIANTS Academy since the age of 13 and captained the NSW/ACT Rams at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships in 2015.

He had a dominant carnival where he was named in the All-Australian team as well as the NSW/ACT MVP before being crowned GIANTS Academy Player of the Year.

The 19-year old becomes the 72nd player to represent the GIANTS and the fourth GIANTS Academy graduate to play AFL for the club.

A medium-sized midfielder with an excellent work ethic, Hopper has the ability to win the football both on the inside and outside. He shows excellent composure with the ball in hand, making smart decisions and executing well.

Likened to Swans star Josh Kennedy and Geelong recruit Patrick Dangerfield, the 186cm and 85kg midfielder is also good over head and can impact the scoreboard.

He’s played four games for the WSU GIANTS in the NEAFL this year, averaging more than 30 touches, seven marks and a goal a game.

In the match against the Canberra Demons, Hopper collected 38 possessions and kicked two goals to help the GIANTS to victory.

Hopper played the GIANTS’ first NAB Challenge match against the Western Bulldogs in Canberra and has been knocking down the door with his form ever since.

GIANTS TV were there as Hopper learnt the good news, check back to gwsgiants.com.au later tonight for the video.

The GIANTS take on the Gold Coast Suns for the first time at Spotless Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2016-05-12/hopper-to-debut#.dpuf

So...
Mohr for Davis (hamstring)
Hopper for Greene (soreness)

The only changes.

No real need to muck around with a winning formula.

I think the "no changes" week really was an announcement of a change of plan. Instead of rotating kids we're beyond that and now can play our best week in, week out, because they're all up to it. It was great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have played. I think they just wanted to give Hopper a taste.
I reckon he'll come out and absolutely bollocks them.

31 touches, 8 clearances, 6 tackles and 4
goals is about the minimum of what I'm expecting from him this week.

But you know, no pressure or anything.

Will Greene come straight back in next week? Also will Mohr cement a spot in the 22 or just play till Davis comes back.
Oh, congrats...your boys are scary good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back