Preview Round 8 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopper hasn't played for two week so doubt we will bring him in this week unless an unexpected injury pops up.
Also if Davis does miss reckon we would more likely to go with Tomlinson rather then Mohr.
Are you think we rotate Haynes, Patfull and Tomlinson on Lynch?

Hopper hasn't played for two week so doubt we will bring him in this week unless an unexpected injury pops up.
Also if Davis does miss reckon we would more likely to go with Tomlinson rather then Mohr.
Forgot about Tomlinson . If he doesnt come in for this game it would indicate our reluctance to ever use him as a defender.I say this as Tomlinson could easily nullify Lynchs running ability

Tomlinson to run with Lynch is a definite possibility. Certainly been the form NEAFL player - but he's been the form NEAFL player at the other end of the ground and through the middle. Never played a whole lot in defence. There was that game on Riewoldt, (and Lynch is no Riewoldt) but other than that he hasn't played as a "key" back that I recall.

But how the wheel turns...

Only a few years ago a lot of teams looked at us, said "we'll rest 5 and still get a percentage boost"

Now we see the suggestion that Hopper, Mohr, Tomlinson and maybe Finlayson etc can come in and we can still win comfortably.

Oops

I meant Zac Williams not Nathan Wilson. Agree he is having a great year so far. Not down on Zac either, just team balance if Hopper is to play

Maybe Tomlinson, best game I have seen him play was on Reiwoldt last year by far.
I think he struggles to fit in the side.20-30 years ago you'd put him on wing and be damn glad to have him. These days the tall forwards are expected to play that role as well. Dont know his future but he doesn't seem to be a leading forward so definitely try sometbing different

Tough month after this match so could understand it if they choose to manage a couple. Mummy might be one to consider. A debut might keep the hunger levels up and there should be a couple of tall fwds keen to kick a bag. Tomlinson to defence could kickstart his career, dont see him making it as a fwd, Patfull will be 32 by next year. I liken him to Hurley as a fwd, was mediocre and stagnating, went to defence and became AA.

Don't want to be disrespectful to the Suns, as they are definitely a chance of winning this, however I am more concerned about getting our players ready for the following week's match against the doggies. Got to be at full strength for that one.

Not sure how that would affect our selections against the suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps its a good time to give Mumford a rest, and bring in Dawson Simpson for a game.

The backline will be in mild disarray without Davis, 'tis a shame Corr's not fit, so hope Timmy Mohr's ready. (Finlayson an outside chance).

Pleased for Mohr but does deepen the question about the future of Tomlinson in the seniors.
At pre-season, I thought the backline was an option for him, but the emergence of Caleb Marchbank has probably blocked that move.
And forward of there, Rory Lobb's rise has also reduced his opportunities.

At pre-season, I thought the backline was an option for him, but the emergence of Caleb Marchbank has probably blocked that move.
And forward of there, Rory Lobb's rise has also reduced his opportunities.
Marchbank leaves and Tomlinson's development has really stifled.

Decreases his trade value somewhat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back