Review Round 9, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and sorry but I completely disagree.
Mate are you not just being obtuse. Just rewound and had a look . A couple to Tex were completely borderline ,resulting in goals.

Went up the other end and our blokes got ridden into the ground ,chopped out ,head taken off on one occasion ,no whistle.

I think you're just trying to stir the pot

Ma
Well there can't of been too many Brett because we only got 13 for the day in spite of being the dominant team for most of the day.

Can you get any less than 13 ?? Don't see it too often
Actually you can and Adelaide have conceded less than 13 free kicks twice this season We are the 2nd most penalised team in the comp at 21.3 per game just behind Port. Adelaide are 2nd least penalised at 15.8, they’re a very disciplined side and we still young guys and our defenders is still prone to panicking and give away frees.

Mate are you not just being obtuse. Just rewound and had a look . A couple to Tex were completely borderline ,resulting in goals.

Went up the other end and our blokes got ridden into the ground ,chopped out ,head taken off on one occasion ,no whistle.

I think you're just trying to stir the pot
Well done on using a thesaurus on calling me slow. Rose coloured glasses can’t ignore that they’re more disciplined than us and have been all year.

I'm being serious here ,do you think there's an agenda to stop us.

The last two weeks have been totally baffling displays with us not getting the same thing paid to the opposition , frequently.

It's been one umpire does the damage usually

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by simple incompetence.

At the game I actually said to my son half way through the 3rd quarter that I thought the umpiring had been pretty good apart from a couple of soft free kicks to Tex against Walker up the end I was at and the no 50 decision was puzzling. Hard to see if there were some bad decisions up the other end of the ground.

Bloody hard job umpiring our game with so much open to interpretation, I in no way buy into the biased on purpose theory.

umps.. Problem is consistency
They pay things like Tex frees, then other end do not.
They spot things like our throws then miss Betts.
Was frustrating although I say as others have above, we gave away some stupid frees. Often tackle too high and defenders do panic and grab arms/jumpers.
We got a couple of close ones back as well. McCarthy Goal and Camerons holding could of been play on. Others for day for us where :) McStay hands in the back not paid. Although nor was one for the crows I think Witho pushed out.
Was not all one way. 70% crows :)
This year seems they blow for silly things or let things go. Then swap over. Very hard to get a feel what they pay.
really frustrating.. The incorrect disposal should go back to old school. If your tackled you kick or handball. Or its a free. None of this it came out in tackle crap.
A few other rules more black and white be easier for umps and fans as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well....I'll take it, but wow....we nearly threw another 4 points away with our goal kicking.

Hard to make an argument for Rayner to get another gig though.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS THOUGH LIONS :D

Don't understand why the Club keep making excuses for an out of touch player. He needs to find some form in the 2's. Does being the no.1 draft pick exclude him of the opportunity of regaining his confidence at the lower level like other players do?

woah on an article on afl site, zorko is league high for .. tackles and pressure acts i think? loving his work.

what was really awesome today was lyons only had 1 less tacks (11). He looks like he's found his groove which is sweet, if mathieson stays in, interesting to see how they work together.

I wouldn't drop Rayner. He is a number 1 draft pick and the media fallout would be massive. It could blow his confidence completely. Let's put our arms around him and support him and he will repay us in spades.

I'm not sure there will be a single player stuck in the NEAFL team who would agree with that.

Shut up Scomoman.
Excellent day, Lions win and Abbott gets turfed.

Witherden played his best game in a long time (I think Papa Fages had a close discussion), while Neale, Zorko and Rich were terrific. Lester’s last quarter looked like he was channeling the bloke he replaced.

I think Rayner needs a cracking week on the track and a little luck to avoid being dropped.

Back