Autopsy Round 9 2024 – Essendon vs GWS Giants, Saturday 11 May, 4.35pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We're missing the intent of XOH.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back next week.
I hate to say it but yes.

His execution will have me gouging at my eyes, but him vs Stone - one of them impacts the contest at least, the other runs around and makes me go "oh, we gave 18 to someone that wasn't Jezza?"

Just looked at the ladder and some upcoming games.....

If we lose to the Bulldogs next week AND...

If Collingwood win tomorrow (v West Coast) and next week (v Adelaide), and both Port (v Hawthorn) and Carlton (v Sydney) win...

We are out of the top 8.

in the space of 2 weeks.

Surely not.
Well, we're not beating any top 8 sides.

Having said that, I don't think we'll lose to the Bulldogs.

Thanks for uploading the presser, Colonial.

I wish one of the journos asked about shutting down Whitfield as has happened recently against the better sides.

So much relies on his disposal and the impact it's happening on moving the ball out of the backline.

(Trying to avoid 'tsunami'. Right now I'm a bit fed up with it being referred to so often. It's actually been our downfall against the better teams and team selections need to move away from it. I thought it would work, but not having a Plan B if Whitfield is shut down has surprised me.)

I wish one of the journos asked about shutting down Whitfield as has happened recently against the better sides.

So much relies on his disposal and the impact it's happening on moving the ball out of the backline.

(Trying to avoid 'tsunami'. Right now I'm a bit fed up with it being referred to so often. It's actually been our downfall against the better teams and team selections need to move away from it. I thought it would work, but not having a Plan B if Whitfield is shut down has surprised me.)
It's getting to the point where playing our way is becoming pie in the sky when we're off.

Yes, it's brilliant when it's on and when it works but when it doesn't, oh boy.

Don’t buy that.

It does work. It requires effort and respect of opposition though and we are playing like we have neither.

Finn in particular has been disappointing most of the year. We saw him carve Brisbane to shreds but has done little else.

I thought today he was one of the few that could give a spark to get us back into it. In the third qtr he really ran hard to create but it didn't work out. He's the type of player that needs guys to block for him so he can get free but we just aren't playing for one another at the minute. I'd much prefer to see him start in the centre ahead of Kelly, Bedford, Stormy etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the first time I tipped the opposition this year because the Swans game demonstrated weakness. Unlike last week, GWS didn't kick it long and hope so that's a plus.

The competition now has a blue print to beat GWS. The orange tsunami is a legit way to beat opposition but there has to be Plan B. Kingsley does not adjust to my eyes, maybe others agree?

Why not Greene in the midfield? He is an x factor and he has been quiet. Browne suspension is a big loss because Cadman does not have presence Browne has.

Depth issue is starting to creep out. Either by injury or game plan, GWS's vulnerability is showing a bit.

A big week coming up. WB is impossible to predict. GWS should win but it isn't an easy game as their forward line can be a competition leader on their day.

He's the type of player that needs guys to block for him so he can get free but we just aren't playing for one another at the minute.
Spot on.

Need to see less players trying to be in the clear to take a possession and more stuff that might not gain a stat, but benefits a team mate.

A big week coming up. WB is impossible to predict. GWS should win but it isn't an easy game as their forward line can be a competition leader on their day.
5 and a half minutes into the 3rd quarter and the Bulldogs have 91 on the board, leading Richmond by 71.

I am not confident about next week.

Excuses. He is being professional but he is at a loss.
Amused ish at the can’t play marvel part.
We have to make selections on effort and work rate.
That's the thing that stood out to me the most from that presser.

Like, he's saying that we've been out-worked by a more desperate and hungry team (he said the same thing last week) yet we've dropped our two players that bring the most hunger and desperation in XOH and Peatling.

Reckon that might be a good place to start if he's looking at turning things around.

Excuses. He is being professional but he is at a loss.
Amused ish at the can’t play marvel part.
We have to make selections on effort and work rate.
I think we surfed into this season on a wave of euphoria, thinking we were just going to pick up where we left off.

That wave has well and truly broken. It seems to have dawned on the team they may not be as good as they thought.

A crisis of confidence might set in, if it hasn't already.

That's the thing that stood out to me the most from that presser.

Like, he's saying that we've been out-worked by a more desperate and hungry team (he said the same thing last week) yet we've dropped our two players that bring the most hunger and desperation in XOH and Peatling.

Reckon that might be a good place to start if he's looking at turning things around.
We literally had Peatling as our MVP in the official social media. Yet he was dropped. What the actually ******* hell?

I think we surfed into this season on a wave of euphoria, thinking we were just going to pick up where we left off.

That wave has well and truly broken. It seems to have dawned on the team they may not be as good as they thought.

A crisis of confidence might set in, if it hasn't already.
Kingers is finding out, like Leon did, there are a few studs who like believing media hype.

Clarification that I don’t think all, but there are a few.
Cogs, Taylor, Hogan can hold their heads high, Kelly, Whitfield, Green not so much.

5 and a half minutes into the 3rd quarter and the Bulldogs have 91 on the board, leading Richmond by 71.

I am not confident about next week.
Flat track Bullies. I've been watching them closely this season. You can't extrapolate their performance week to week. They should have beaten Geelong in the Gather Round. They got pumped by Freo.

Flat track Bullies. I've been watching them closely this season. You can't extrapolate their performance week to week. They should have beaten Geelong in the Gather Round. They got pumped by Freo.
I hear you, but there's no other team that they get more pleasure out of beating is GWS IMHO.

Hope you're right :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back