Autopsy Round 9, 2024 : Hawks slap the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

David King: aside from wizard it was a boring game
Also David king: if Ross wants more runners then let him

Why the heck would you want to allow that affront to afl Lyon MORE ability to turn the game into a scrum?
Not to shit on your post, because I agree with all of it, but can we get away from caulking things a scrum or a maul. A good scrum or maul is a thing of beauty, what Ross produces has no business being described as such

David King: aside from wizard it was a boring game
Also David king: if Ross wants more runners then let him

Why the heck would you want to allow that affront to afl Lyon MORE ability to turn the game into a scrum?
I believe he also said he is "in love with Nick Watson".

Sam’s spray has turned Scrimshaw into a competitive beast

Scrimshaw's reaction to the spray is what has turned him into a better player.

He was already on the right path, but he's grown since it happened no doubt.

Really good sign that there's a higher ceiling than we all thought for him

It must have been because my kids were using the couch as a jumping castle at the time, but when did this Ginnivan miss happen that everyone keeps talking about?

It must have been because my kids were using the couch as a jumping castle at the time, but when did this Ginnivan miss happen that everyone keeps talking about?
It was quite the miss.

So what you're saying is, you missed the miss.

Watch from 18:45 to go in the 4th. The kick to him is as epic as the miss.

Tbh the free and 50 to ginnivan was soft as especially considering the blatant ones he doesn’t get.

About as soft as the one saints around the same time which they scored from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kept saints to their lowest score of the year. Credit to our defensive intent.

We scored the least of any team v saints this year. Something to work on but the big improvement here us that we didnt give up bad turnovers trying to force the attack. A great improvement from early in the year.

I wasn't able to watch the game and when I saw Dear's stats I assumed he didn't play very well but watching the replay he and his 22 teammates played their roles really well to grind out a win. Frustrating that we went from kicking 6.2 in the first half to 2.8 in the second half.

Loved the way our guys got stuck into Max King at quarter time, suspect he and Marshall were mouthing off all game based on our reactions to them.

When you see the way his teammates and even staff interact with Dylan Moore you can tell he holds a really special place at the club, I can't wait for him to be captain whenever that may be.

Kept saints to their lowest score of the year. Credit to our defensive intent.

We scored the least of any team v saints this year. Something to work on but the big improvement here us that we didnt give up bad turnovers trying to force the attack. A great improvement from early in the year.
It's very weird to see us win a game in fairly good conditions by kicking just 8 goals.
No goals from Gunston or Dear - they were all small forwards and midfielders.

Amazing.

A wins a win, but Ross you are a stain on this great game

My ramblings from the win

• Cracking weather and Ross does his best to make it look like a high humid, rainy, muddy game. It's 2024 not 2014 time to move on with the times Ross. Both lots of supporters deserve more than what you dished up on Saturday.
  • Meek most improved on our list
  • Day getting there, 2nd half was good.
  • Scrimma was brilliant yet again
  • Still think we have more improvement to come, midfield for me is where the improvement is going to come from.
  • Stuck our tackles, opp. are no longer walking through tackles.
  • Hopefully get some talls back in the forward line in the next week or 2.
  • Ginni miss a bad as it gets, think we would have ran over the top of them if he kicks it.
  • Backline was great.
Go hawks

As the team improves and hopefully becomes a finals candidate, it will be on the back of others taking over more central roles in between the arcs.

I think James will remain a constant, but the fact is, he played really well in our early losses and has been less prominent in wins.

That’s okay - as we still need guys like him to get the hard nut and distribute to the quality ball users.
Disagree. He may be less prominent in terms of disposals however, he is still still having the same amount of impact on games. It’s just a different type of impact.

It coincides with Newc getting more of the ball as well as Days return.

He’s just getting down and dirty getting the ball out to better users.

Would you prefer Worps or Newc getting 25+?

Hawks V Saints Six Points Review from Talking Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back