Autopsy Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a pre-requisite to be an emotional reactive pussy in this forum? The club has been very clear that some veteran foot soldiers were cleared out last year and kids will be given game time… both teams today would have very similar age profiles. So don’t expect (because he made finals last year) that we’re a 10 goal better team than Hawthorn… we won every key indicator except the scoreboard, but plenty of positives to take from the game.

I don’t think we’re going to win by 10, but I think we can expect more than what we witnessed today.
They were without Sicily, which is a huge out for them.

No - its born of Marshalls inability to think past -

1 - move the ruck out of position

2 - grab the ball

3 - hack kick it forward without looking.

He has NEVER done 1, 2 then handballed to the advantage of a team mate.
Then have everyone cheering it on because technically those hack kicks are counted as clearances.

I don't see how we gain any advantage from Roma grabbing it of of the ruck and hacking it forward. Apart from gaining territory, how often does it lead to a score. Most teams by now would be aware of it and setup for it at stoppage.
I would rather him give it off to someone so we can at least try and maintain possession and find a leading player. Figuring out how to tap the ball to our advantage would also help.
I think the problem is all our mids are to sh*t to get open at stoppage. How often do you see any of our mids looking dangerous around a stoppage? Even if he does hand it off or tap it to advantage, Steele, Windhager, Ross etc are just going to throw it on the boot for the exact same result anyway. No class

Going to be a frustrating rest of the year, but let’s hope we can see enough progress to allow us to believe in 2025. Also, I know there were only a few to play okay today, but Battle would have to arguably be my best on for us. I know it’s probably just body language, but just busts his ass every week.

Another frustrating close low scoring loss, we aren't a fun team to watch, even if we snatched a win it was still painful to watch.

The RTB honeymoon is over, maybe we should look at bringing back Grant Thomas, we were a lot more fun to watch under him.

put your hands up if you have ever said "play the kids" or you call for certain kids to be played every week, for example put your hands up if you have called for Arie or Collard to be played in the last few weeks, put your hands up if you have called for Hastie or Garcia to be played in the last few weeks.

Put your hand up if you called for any of these kids to come into the side this season and are one of the lunatics losing your mind over this game.

If you have you know absolutely nothing about football.

We are in a very hard rebuild and we were a bottom 4 side before coming into this game, losing this game doesn't make us bottom 4, we already were.

We are playing the kids, we will be bottom 4 for a couple of years while we rebuild.

Just a shame the club don't call it for what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a pre-requisite to be an emotional reactive pussy in this forum? The club has been very clear that some veteran foot soldiers were cleared out last year and kids will be given game time… both teams today would have very similar age profiles. So don’t expect (because he made finals last year) that we’re a 10 goal better team than Hawthorn… we won every key indicator except the scoreboard, but plenty of positives to take from the game.
May want to rethink that.
We had the older and more experienced team on the park. But sure call those of us who are tired of the same s**t a pussy.
Screenshot_20240511_164906_Chrome.jpg

Even our better young guys like Wilson were poor today. Nothing to take out of that other than we look bottom 4.
Nas had a few passages of breaking the game open, was good until he butchered the kick into the middle of the ground.

We need more players willing and able (mostly able) to beat that first defender so we can actually use our run effectively - we just make everything look too hard without that aspect

We can drop a mark, and let go of a tackle better than any other side.

Actually have had a bit of hope since the boss and his merry men all arrived back. The truth is we’re in no man’s land and pretty much rooted.

Just fold us and put us 50-58 year olds out of our misery. We’re a rabble.

put your hands up if you have ever said "play the kids" or you call for certain kids to be played every week, for example put your hands up if you have called for Arie or Collard to be played in the last few weeks, put your hands up if you have called for Hastie or Garcia to be played in the last few weeks.

Put your hand up if you called for any of these kids to come into the side this season and are one of the lunatics losing your mind over this game.

If you have you know absolutely nothing about football.

We are in a very hard rebuild and we were a bottom 4 side before coming into this game, losing this game doesn't make us bottom 4, we already were.

We are playing the kids, we will be bottom 4 for a couple of years while we rebuild.

Just a shame the club don't call it for what it is.

I’m confused we lost because of Garcia and hastie? Probably our oldest team of the year. Lucky Sharman was out for Hayes right

May want to rethink that.
We had the older and more experienced team on the park. But sure call those of us who are tired of the same s**t a pussy.
View attachment 1985970
Exactly. We are clearly the more experienced club, and today should have been a comfortable victory.

Hawks are in a hard rebuild. Whilst we are getting games into some kids, overall plenty of experience out there.

We are rolling with an ancient game plan and we are getting out ass kicked.

Lyon is 11-16 from the last 27 games. It's getting pretty ugly now.

I for one, don't buy we are a bottom 4 list.

King was a disappointment despite two goals, just looks like a slug, failed to chase and tackle on several occasions, lazily sits behind packs and just refuses to move around and probe for a lead.

It saddens me we gave him number 12 and called him Winx, athletically he reminds me of an ammos player.

ZERO fargin tackles...

Only two other players on the stat sheet with Zero tackles and one of them is Hastie so he has an excuse.

ZERO!!!!

From a 6th year player who was recruited to be a marquee player.

Heaps of other disappointing aspects of the game but I'm expecting more from King.

Fast becoming a very overrated draft selection.

AFL 1
StK 0

Higgins’s suspension cost us the game

Oh and third quarter-
20 mins in
16 F50 entries
1 goal 5 behinds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back