Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with you wholly on this.
but whats the difference between playing gulden or scott as your M8 right now? at least scott still has some coin to make.

i think poulton is too good to pass up and errol is only losing value.

There is no difference which one he starts on-field. I never said that I think one deserves to be on-field over the other. My point was about trading down maxed out on-field rookies to 117k-124k on-field rookies (instead of upgrading them) at this point of the season not being a good tactical move when there is little dollar value or cash gen on our benches in case it goes titsup. At the time of posting I don't think anyone was expecting Scott to pull an 85 out of his arse this week which slighty changes matters. But if Ingy wants to be a hindsight hero, who am I so stand in his way.

My original post was in response to his about downgrading both Warner & Gulden (who were on-field rookies for him in Rd8) to 117-124k rookies. If the downgrade targets get injured/dropped ie Murphy/Frederick this round and you don't have much $ value on your benches or bank funds you're forced to sideways said cheap rookie to another cheap rookie only if there's another viable one available at the time or cop a doughnut.

I agree on Poulter FWIW I'm trading out my F7 McCreery (b/e 28) for Poulter (be -63) to fund Warner (b/e 74) > Hall (b/e 30) but for some reason a few people who want/need McCreery to eek out another 50k for their teams have taken exception to me downgrading one of my bench rookies and upgrading a playing rookie. Go figure.

Last edited:

There is no difference which one he starts on-field. I never said that I think one deserves to be on-field over the other. My point was about trading down maxed out on-field rookies to 117k-124k on-field rookies (instead of upgrading them) at this point of the season not being a good tactical move when there is little dollar value or cash gen on our benches in case it goes titsup. At the time of posting I don't think anyone was expecting Scott to pull an 85 out of his arse this week which slighty changes matters. But if Ingy wants to be a hindsight hero, who am I so stand in his way.

My original post was in response to his about downgrading both Warner & Gulden (who were on-field rookies for him in Rd8) to 117-124k rookies. If the downgrade targets get injured/dropped ie Murphy/Frederick this round and you don't have much $ value on your benches or bank funds you're forced to sideways said cheap rookie to another cheap rookie only if there's another viable one available at the time or cop a doughnut.

I agree on Poulter FWIW I'm trading out my F7 McCreery (b/e 28) for Poulter (be -63) to fund Warner (b/e 74) > Hall (b/e 30) but for some reason a few people who want/need McCreery to eek out another 50k for their teams have taken exception to me downgrading one of my bench rookies and upgrading a playing rookie. Go figure.
is hall a must have where he will be top 10 fwds?

I currently have $184,900k in the bank

If I decide to 1 up/1 down, then my trades will be:

-Kozi to Poulter
-Warner to Titch

Leaves me with $147,600 in the bank to grab another premo soon

That leaves just 4 on-field rookies:
Powell
Jordon
Then any 2 of Scott, Jones, Brockman, Waterman, Macrae and Poulter

Scott and Jordon agree, Powell wont make much more and wont cost you much to upgrade to a fallen premo like Mitchell who looked good this week.

Interestingly Powell only has 3 scores above 80 and Mitchell will probably be top 10 mid, already 12th. So it should be strongly considered.

Powell to Mitchell wont change your bye structure as well.
Normally I'm f... the byes, but how many coaches currently have DNP's that will really hurt in a few rounds time? Am I wrong to be worried about having Highmore, Brockman and Waterman ( :$ ) with the byes looming?

Don't care anymore!

Will burn through trades like nobody has done in the history of the game. Aim is to have 12 trades left before the first bye round and 3 trades left after the byes

Tex to Hall
Fantasia to Harmes

original.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First 3 lines are great. Forward line makes me a bit nervous though. DevRob didn't do much today, hope he's not dropped. (I have him in another format)
Yeah makes me a bit nervous too. Wish I’d stuck to Bolts instead of Jelwood. Would have left Powell on the ground and only two rookies up Forward. If Dev fails again, might go the cull on Powell and upgrade Dev to some forward who’s scoring well before they do a knee.

im in the same boat and i need to save trades...
do i build up the bank and cull some cows?
do i go one down one up and bring in a premo?
do i save my 2 trades as ive only got 18 left?
long long week.

I don't see much point in saving trades for the sake of saving them. If you have a topped out rookie with a good one on the bubble you pull the trigger. No guarantee that next time you want to downgrade there will be any decent options.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much settled on these trades for the week.
in: Titch & RCD

My backline is done - now I have to focus on the rest of the team!

View attachment 1123163
I’m following suit this week I think. Nearly went Titchell last week which would have been nice, but still good value. I’ll spend all week deciding between RCD and Poulter no doubt.

Warner > Poulter
Berry > RCD

Done with downgrades for now. Time for four upgrades over the next fortnight!

View attachment 1123168
Surely you're better off just double upgrading this week lol, wasn't that the original plan? Don't you have like ~$600k in the bank before trades?

8 rookies on field, such a low projected score, a couple of upgrades will do wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back