Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only afford to Murphy -> Ablett.

I only budgeted 1 trade this round so I miss out on Zorko. It will cost me a few points, but he is round 11 bye and I am loaded up on those. I'll have to see if "Tommy Gun" gets more games with the Swans.

Wouldn't mind some advice. Was sitting outside 20,000 2 weeks ago (placed 70th for the round the week before this). I'm running light on trades but I think I'm sitting OK for the bye structure. Was thinking about Kennedy -> Zorko this week but I'm not entirely sure how I should move forward.

DT.png

And you use to ask me for advice.

I would pay to have that team.

Got Zorko in already last week to cover a donut in the forward line.

Greene > Boyd is a done deal.

Only thing im having trouble deciding is
Murphy > ???

Need a round 13 bye. Was going to go to Ablett - but now im thinking getting Deledio and leaving him in mids until after the byes. Then trade out Ellis after round 13, move Deledio to backline and bring in a mid. Doubt i will have spare cash after the bye rounds for an upgrade - and im guessing there should be more downgrade targets in the mids than in the backs.

Good idea?

Would like to see what you experts think

My team was-
B, delledio, goddard, waters, lake, m clark, j grimes, bugg, subs: ellis, s.shaw.
M: pendlebury, swan, murphy, rockliff, horsley, magner, subs: d smith, t greene
R: sandilands, giles, subs: kruezer, longer
F: sidebottom, franklin, steve j, d martin, treolar, hurley, t adams, subs: j cameron, dell ollio

Already traded greene>zorko and murphy>ablett. I had $ 233, 000 before the trade. What do use think of my trades?

Got Zorko in already last week to cover a donut in the forward line.

Greene > Boyd is a done deal.

Only thing im having trouble deciding is
Murphy > ???

Need a round 13 bye. Was going to go to Ablett - but now im thinking getting Deledio and leaving him in mids until after the byes. Then trade out Ellis after round 13, move Deledio to backline and bring in a mid. Doubt i will have spare cash after the bye rounds for an upgrade - and im guessing there should be more downgrade targets in the mids than in the backs.

Good idea?

Sounds like a good idea. Richmond also have games they can win between rounds 10-12.
I would lean towards Ablett, gives you another choice for captain but don't think you could go wrong with either.

Last week it was Beams vs Stanton, end up going with Stanton

Looking at 1 trade this week:

Greene --> Beams for dpp link

vs

Greene --> Thompson

Mid: Stanton, Boyd, Pendles, Ablett, Greene, Horsley
(Coniglio, C.Smith)

Fwd: Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Franklin, Martin, Treloar, Adams, Zorko
(Goodes, Hall)

Any opinions?

Wouldn't mind some advice. Was sitting outside 20,000 2 weeks ago (placed 70th for the round the week before this). I'm running light on trades but I think I'm sitting OK for the bye structure. Was thinking about Kennedy -> Zorko this week but I'm not entirely sure how I should move forward.

DT.png

well u might want DPP so i would go Magner for Zorko then upgrade Kennedy for a premium forward to take Pfeiffer's place in the starting lineup maybe Zaha or Robinson

otherwise go Kennedy for Zorko and Coniglio for Stanton

I think my trade this week will heavily depend on who is named to play.

If Old Mac is looked over again I might be doing

Kennedy -> Zorko
Old Mac -> Jelwood

Otherwise I was thinking about the one you've named there.

Not too keen on putting another premium in my forward line until the bye rounds have started rolling through. This week would ideally be my last trade until we hit the multi-bye rounds bar injury and depending on if there were any solid downgrade targets before then.

And you use to ask me for advice.

I would pay to have that team.

And I would still gladly take it any day.

Last week it was Beams vs Stanton, end up going with Stanton

Looking at 1 trade this week:

Greene --> Beams for dpp link

vs

Greene --> Thompson

Mid: Stanton, Boyd, Pendles, Ablett, Greene, Horsley
(Coniglio, C.Smith)

Fwd: Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Franklin, Martin, Treloar, Adams, Zorko
(Goodes, Hall)

Any opinions?

greene out, move a rookie dpp from forwards to mids and get beams in your fwds

Here is my team:

whattodowiththisteam_Rnd8.jpg

Greene -> Zorko
Murphy -> Ablett

I've got $317k

Thinking about getting Shaw and Darley and then maybe won't trade anymore till byes. My forward line has Rnd 11 issues.... need a Rnd 13 downgrade option as want to bring in Beams/Zaha/Chappie for F7 (Horsley -> F7 in Rnd 13).

This means my only difficult bye round is round 11 as I have ruck issues and fwd issues... and 1 mid zero unless Swan plays in rnd 11 and I can upgrade one of them to a Rnd 13 premium midfielder... (not that I like any of them besides Ablett).

well u might want DPP so i would go Magner for Zorko then upgrade Kennedy for a premium forward to take Pfeiffer's place in the starting lineup maybe Zaha or Robinson

Magner has a 46 break even and a round 12 bye. Trading him for Zorko this week is lunacy considering he has 4 round 11 mids as it is. If Zorko needs to come in Kennedy, J-Mac or Coniglio would be best ones to offload.

DT.png

Damn very similar structure wise to mine in regards to bye rounds. In fact, having a second glance, we are exactly a like.

Note: I have already made the trades to my team this week.
Did Shiel ----> Zorko (for DPP link)
Harvey -----> Dangerfield

Here is my team for your reference:
34pc0tj.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Magner to Zorko then Kennedy Upgrade is best.

I rarely post my team but that is what people seem to be doing.

Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Shaw, Birchall, Lake, Hargrave, **Ellis, Paine**
Boyd, Ablett, Rockliff, J. Selwood, Mitchell, Horsley, **Greene, C Smith**
Kreuzer, Giles **McEvoy, Orren**
Franklin, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, Dangerfield, Treloar, Adams, **Smedts, Hall**

17 trades remain, 101k in bank
Obviously have some issues with cover (and bringing in Paine on the bubble omg :( )

Sold on Greene to Zorko and this leaves with 352k

Is it worth upgrading someone to a forward with my other trade this week or do I ride Adams and Treloar and hope they score well until Robbo falls in price?

Here is my team:

whattodowiththisteam_Rnd8.jpg

Greene -> Zorko
Murphy -> Ablett

I've got $317k

Thinking about getting Shaw and Darley and then maybe won't trade anymore till byes. My forward line has Rnd 11 issues.... need a Rnd 13 downgrade option as want to bring in Beams/Zaha/Chappie for F7 (Horsley -> F7 in Rnd 13).

This means my only difficult bye round is round 11 as I have ruck issues and fwd issues... and 1 mid zero unless Swan plays in rnd 11 and I can upgrade one of them to a Rnd 13 premium midfielder... (not that I like any of them besides Ablett).

If you want a round 13 premium Cotchin perhaps? Cotchin should give you ~100 points in place of that zero and has Fremantle (in Melbourne) in round 11 and GWS in round 12.

That 100 or so you make instead of the zero would be worth 8-10ppg compared with another premium (It's to late for me to work out exactly). So his 105 average doesn't look so bad in comparison.

Edit: Hayes is another that would give a similar average.

JDavey, are those rankings after round 8?

My Round 8 score was 2,477, yet I was ranked 4,140 for the week. You had 2,333 yet were ranked 445?

My overall score is 17,443 and ranking is 8,555, yet you have 700 less points but are ranked 4,000 places higher.

I smell a rat.

I think your looking for the supercoach thread. I got 2246 this week and was ranked inside the top 5,000 this week in DT. Overall score is 17,098 and ranked 803 overall.

I think your looking for the supercoach thread. I got 2246 this week and was ranked inside the top 5,000 this week in DT. Overall score is 17,098 and ranked 803 overall.

Yep, thought I was in supercoach thread:thumbsu:

Seriously considering being aggressive this week and trading Swan. My traded would be something along the lines of:

Swan to Dangerfield (then move Danger to forwards)
Bugg to Scotland

Would complete my forward line and leave me with one more upgrade in the back line (Clarke). Back to a 4 premium midfield but with Horsley and McDonald if he is in, i have solid scoring replacements to come in. Horsley should make for an easy upgrade later on.

Leaves me with 13 trades and 3 upgrades left.

Thoughts?

Seriously considering being aggressive this week and trading Swan. My traded would be something along the lines of:

Swan to Dangerfield (then move Danger to forwards)
Bugg to Scotland

Would complete my forward line and leave me with one more upgrade in the back line (Clarke). Back to a 4 premium midfield but with Horsley and McDonald if he is in, i have solid scoring replacements to come in. Horsley should make for an easy upgrade later on.

Leaves me with 13 trades and 3 upgrades left.

Thoughts?

I have done similar here, i was initially thinking of upgrading Sheil to Mitchell, Clay Smith to Zorko.

Instead have gone Sheil > Dangerfield, Smith > Zorko, switched Danger to the foward line for Adams, and now have 6 prem forwards, 4 prem mids, and one upgrade in the back line that i will make next week, Bugg > Scotland.

I think that with how much Horsley will go up, combined with McDonald, Zorko, Treloar, Adams that upgrading those last two mid spots down the track will be easy.

15 trades and $183 in the bank so i am happy to get Danger this week and wait.

have gone greene to zorko and bugg to deledio as I stupidly started without him.

Will trade clarke down to darley next week, leaving me 11 trades and around 340k to do some upgrade/downgrades during the byes and hopefully enough trades to see me to the end!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back