Round 9 Venting & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone who wants to trade out Danger to one of my few PODs in Ziebell next week...

tenor.gif

Yep did the same but over two weeks with Lockhart (43) and T.Kelly (56) to round it out.
Luckily the week before that it was Jones (51) and Miers (61)

All hit either their worst or near worst scores for the year this week. I took a very poor team and rather than improve it I appear to have beat it to death :(.
I brought Jones in then too, Boak went 70 the week he came in, had Zerrett rd 1 (50) then teaded him out (hasn't been below 95 since), Tom Atkins on field for his 2, Dramaflop captained twice for 38 and 66......

Picked gutherie over ziebel 2 weeks ago... Arrgh

Would have traded out Daniel this week if it wasn't for cogs and drew late outs ... Double arrgh

Brought in Telly this week ... Triple arrgh

Felt the same way getting Houli over Daniel 2 weeks ago- now not so disappointed but still time to see

Daniel still has good bye, good scoring and DPP so you should be happy you kept him! A

Telly is a good pick and has GC next week!!

#antiventer :)

Really hope that Scrimshaw plays, otherwise I’ll be stuck with a 21 from Answerth

anyone who is having a good week this week can't be ranked in the top 15k as far as I'm concerned.

caleb daniel and guthrie got to go for me. took a risk, didnt pay off.

OK it's venting time. 1297/16. Too many spuds.

Brayshaw (65) - OK that's a pretty decent score for a rookie
Laird (95) - 68 points at half time and still can't ton up. This happens every single week I swear.
Lockhart (43) - Maybe I was expecting a little too much after two 90+ scores
Answerth (21) - I'm gonna blame Hinkley for injuring Matt Crouch meaning I had to field this spud
Salem (74) - Useless idiot.
Kelly (56) - He does this every three weeks. Hopefully he's just conserving his energy for the other two weeks.
Dangerfield (88) - An 80 and an injury is not the way to reward those who held Dangerfield faithfully. He better play next week and score 150+ against the Suns
Dunkley (77) - Two consecutive 120+ scores and I somehow manage to trade him in the week he scores 15 points under his average
Daniel (63) - 35 in the first quarter and can't even get that in the other three quarters? I really should avoid Bevo-coached players
Miers (61) - It's unfair to expect another 90 but if bloody Gary Rohan can score 90 (not 30 as usual) then surely Miers can too. Thank God for his 35 point last quarter.
Grundy (152) - Could at least give Captain Rocky a chance of being my top scorer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for 2200 need

Williams Whitfield Cripps 300 between them
Stack 70
Boak 100

Need Brayshaw and Daniel to grt the * out of my team

If Rocky goes big and my 8 others (including a few rooks) can average 80 between them I’ll be near the magical 2300. What could go wrong?

Am I insane for thinking Yeo +80k odd this week is just as good as Gaff?

Tackling like a mad man I think he can match him at about 110.
Not far off I agree
Gaff at home is different beast but Yeo overall should be similar
Yeo definitely hitting form. As has been said, he had an interrupted preseason, so his current form is probably more reflective of his ability (and what he showed last year).

I'd say Gaff is safer choice but Yeo probably more upside, both in value and points potential. When he is on, he is really on.

I started the season with a plan to back my mids and leave them untouched while I fixed my forwards and backs. It was a solid plan and was working quite well for the first 5 weeks, but the last few with Libba and Bray's form, Constable constantly get dropped and Cogs' injury has completely ****ed my team.

It's meant I've missed out on under priced premos like Merrett and Yeo.

I'm chasing my tail now and have dropped from my high of 2.5k to well outside the top 10k.

My season is completely ******.

Caleb Daniel - mistake
Angus Brayshaw - useless heartless prick
Brad Sheppard - mistake
Jack Newnes - **** me, kill me now.

I need a mulligan on this season. I'm done

I'm the same. Have decided to bow out and reconvene next year. Will pop in from time to time, but my season is completely shot and I have more important things to worry about, haha

Deleting the team will probably be my most therapeutic moment this fantasy season

15/1360...another horrendous week.
Just too many players who scored under their average:
-Guthrie
-Danger
-Brayspud
-Miers
-Dunks
-Telly
-Newnes
That's more than half my players that have already played..just disgusting. Happens every week

I raise you 16/1372

-Guth
-Telly
-Dunk
-Newnes
-Constable
-Danger (still scored 88, so it was good for my team)
-Dahl

With Clark, Lockhart, Wilkie and Larkey all scoring poorly on the bench. No Grundy, no Zerrett, no Eagles players, no chance

Game over for me

Deleting team tonight at the end of the round, as all my cash gen has dried up, too many players to fix and only good players being non-pods. Had enough of this season, lol. One enjoyable round out of 9, does not make for a happy fantasy player

Last edited:
I raise you 16/1372

-Guth
-Telly
-Dunk
-Newnes
-Constable
-Danger (still scored 88, so it was good for my team)
-Dahl

With Clark, Lockhart, Wilkie and Larkey all scoring poorly on the bench. No Grundy, no Zerrett, no Eagles players, no chance

Game over for me

Deleting team tonight at the end of the round, as all my cash gen has dried up, too many players to fix and only good players being non-pods. Had enough of this season, lol. One enjoyable round out of 9, does not make for a happy fantasy player
Hold on until the byes.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back