Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I am actually excited to see some of these younger (and not so young) guys get a big opportunity here with the injuries.

Sullivan, Reef, Fin, Richards, Harrison... can these guys be reliable options for us come finals time if called upon? Its looking very promising for Harrison on early form, but I am keen to see the rest of these guys get game time to prove themselves here.

IN: R.McInnes, F.Macrae, J.Richards
OUT: B.Mihocek (injured), B.McCreery (injured), L.Schulz (suspended)

B: J.Howe - B.Frampton - B.Maynard
HB: I.Quaynor - D.Moore - J.Noble
C: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - J.Daicos
HF: B.Hill - W.Hoskin-Elliott - P.Lipinski
F: J.Elliott - M.Cox - H.Harrison
R: D.Cameron - J.Crisp - N.Daicos
I: O.Markov - L.Sullivan - F.Macrae - R.McInnes
S: J.Richards

I don’t think we will change the backline and move Howe forward. Too risky to upset an effective combination.

I think Reef will come in and WHE will play as a forward.
Howe has been the most ineffective part of our effective combination though

danger? lmfao

They just lost by a goal to a team we drew against last round?

Here’s the challenge …

… the folks who think these games are a certainty tend to be the folks who go off their nut when we lose them (as happens from time to time)

Here’s the challenge …

… the folks who think these games are a certainty tend to be the folks who go off their nut when we lose them (as happens from time to time)
I think there's a middle ground between thinking this game a certainty and it being overly dangerous. Without their best midfielder and by FAR their best forward we should have lots of confidence, even with our outs

I think there's a middle ground between thinking this game a certainty and it being overly dangerous. Without their best midfielder and by FAR their best forward we should have lots of confidence, even with our outs

There's probably a more nuanced discussion to be had about it, but I'm not sure most posters here are actually capable of having it.

Like, yeah, they're missing their best mid and forward

But we're also missing a couple of our best mids and literally half our forward line.

Their backline is still in tact and it has two players in it who have historically given us issues. There's also the element of "no pressure" on them and as I had alluded to in an earlier post, I said I hoped we would take this game as seriously as any other and not allow any complacency to creep in.

Now...before those who immediately love to jump down throats do exactly that, keep in mind that complacency and effort were a thing that literally did plague us at the start of the season so it is reasonable for someone to have concerns it could creep back in again in a game like this.

I don't think I've seen anyone claim they think we'll lose (not even me). Just saying that given all the injuries and the potential for complacency, it's a danger game if we don't take it seriously. That's all. West Coast aren't the same sh*t kickers they have been the last couple of seasons.

Even then, they beat us in 2022 at Marvel when they were far worse than they are now.

Confidence is one thing. Have the right match ups is another. Barrass and McGovern threaten to control our F50 without the right match ups. We could have 80 I50's that could be rebounded right back out.

I hope we keep Howe in the backline. I think it took a while for our back 6 to adjust to playing without Murphy but they have definitely gelled better over the last few weeks and keeping the opposition scoring as low as possible is our key. We aren’t going to win too many shoot outs.

Call me crazy but I am actually excited to see some of these younger (and not so young) guys get a big opportunity here with the injuries.

Sullivan, Reef, Fin, Richards, Harrison... can these guys be reliable options for us come finals time if called upon? Its looking very promising for Harrison on early form, but I am keen to see the rest of these guys get game time to prove themselves here.

IN: R.McInnes, F.Macrae, J.Richards
OUT: B.Mihocek (injured), B.McCreery (injured), L.Schulz (suspended)

B: J.Howe - B.Frampton - B.Maynard
HB: I.Quaynor - D.Moore - J.Noble
C: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - J.Daicos
HF: B.Hill - W.Hoskin-Elliott - P.Lipinski
F: J.Elliott - M.Cox - H.Harrison
R: D.Cameron - J.Crisp - N.Daicos
I: O.Markov - L.Sullivan - F.Macrae - R.McInnes
S: J.Richards
You asked for it. You're crazy! The greater the loss the greater excitement. That's not how my meter works.

Richards won't come in. I thought he stood a chance till his entire lack of a defence became the focus of discussion. I shied away from nominating him for selection. I can't imagine Collingwood selecting a purely offensive player. Unless his name begins with ...

McInness will come in anyway, but I believe the glass man deserves a chance to play before he shatters. So Kreuger for some forward biff and bash and maybe some ruck duties.

Otherwise, No prediction this week, neither a loss nor win. The new half full, rather than running on empty TGG has only rainbows and unicorns in his sites this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern looked well past it against Essendon

If there's one team McGovern loves to play against, it's us

Anytime we play West Coast we should safely assume McGovern will play at his best

McGovern looked well past it against Essendon
Be assured that he won't look 'well past it' against us. These people are given the all but forbidden elixir of youth for these games. They rise from their graves to play against us. They are like undiscerning bulls to a red rag when they take the ground to play us.

I’d probably prefer to leave the backline unchanged. So I’m wondering why Begg isn’t in the conversation if Freddy is underdone. Even if he was given a Billy Frampton role on one of their tall defenders. I thought he was developing as a ruck/forward? Is he just not up to it yet?

I’d probably prefer to leave the backline unchanged. So I’m wondering why Begg isn’t in the conversation if Freddy is underdone. Even if he was given a Billy Frampton role on one of their tall defenders. I thought he was developing as a ruck/forward? Is he just not up to it yet?
He is very poor overhead sadly

I’m not against giving Begg a go in that role but he hasn’t shown much aptitude as a forward or even as a marking target.

Here’s the challenge …

the folks who think these games are a certainty tend to be the folks who go off their nut when we lose them (as happens from time to time)
Agree with that commment. I find that teams lift against the pies they have for as long as I can remember. The Eagles will be primed for this game.
So if we take the Eagles lightly, it will be a closer game than we would like.

Be assured that he won't look 'well past it' against us. These people are given the all but forbidden elixir of youth for these games. They rise from their graves to play against us. They are like undiscerning bulls to a red rag when they take the ground to play us.
Refer to one Hudson VFL Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back