Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On SEN
Didn’t say too much.
Listen 8:40 mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From 9.10 Fly discusses HH.
Fascinating to hear the kids footy IQ at a crucial moment of the game.
I’ve thought previously he could replace Sidey and now adding Sidey’s footy IQ per this example almost makes it a certainty.

He’d been right in form all season leading up to that game, though.

He generally loves playing us so I wouldn’t go in underestimating him.
I don't know how organised they are at the moment, but he used to be the toughest one to counter, as he always backed himself in and they switched if his man was trying to drag him to a position to be played over or around, so you couldn't play a decoy on him.

The concept of Dean in makes me shudder. He leaked goals like a sieve in the first 3 games.

to be fair to Dean, literally everyone except Frampton did

Moore was terrible for the first month of the season and he's our captain

I feel people were being pretty harsh on a debutant who has been injured for 2 years and barely even played VFL, let alone AFL

I still think Dean will be fine with more time actually playing

to be fair to Dean, literally everyone except Frampton did

Moore was terrible for the first month of the season and he's our captain

I feel people were being pretty harsh on a debutant who has been injured for 2 years and barely even played VFL, let alone AFL

I still think Dean will be fine with more time actually playing

Well yeah, because Frampton wasn't playing until our 4th game.

Moore has looked 10 times better since Frampton replaced Dean in R3, because he hasn't been trying to do too much.

Opposition were going through him like the town bike.

Moore has looked 10 times better since Frampton replaced Dean in R3, because he hasn't been trying to do too much.

Frampton came in for the St.Kilda game

A game where we still leaked some terrible goals. I personally wouldn't be blaming a brand new player for all our defensive woes but that's just me

I'm not suggesting Dean was any good in those two games he played, but to put so much of the blame on him seems a bit much. Particualrly as you add more layers of context to him.

I think Dean will be fine with time and my hope is that they get Nathan Murphy to work far more closely and frequently to get him up to speed.

From 9.10 Fly discusses HH.
Fascinating to hear the kids footy IQ at a crucial moment of the game.
I’ve thought previously he could replace Sidey and now adding Sidey’s footy IQ per this example almost makes it a certainty.
Listened to it last night. HH going well.

Weirdly dismissive of the role our midfield was playing in this. Especially when we fed Dean to the wolves on Hogan, a potential Coleman medallist.

Im hoping we don’t bring Krueger in. I don’t think it would be fair on him or his body if we rushed him. He’s had so many injuries so I am just hoping he can get a long run of good injury free VFL time and then come up when he’s ready to have an impact at the next level.

Clearly the losses to our forward line aren't ideal, but are offset somewhat by West Coast losing Yeo and Waterman.

I agree with those who see this as a potential banana skin, however we should be cautiously confident. West Coast have only scored 80+ points twice this season, in wins against Richmond and Fremantle, both in Perth.

If our backline and midfield holds up, we should get the job done. Yeo's absence helps us from a clearance/contested possession perspective, with Kelly and Reid remaining the other major threats in West Coast's midfield. Waterman's absence reduces their firepower.

Recent history suggests that it will be a tight game, at least for substantial periods. The most dangerous thing in my opinion will be allowing West Coast to get run-ons during the game, as it will give them confidence and instill belief. For this reason I'd be loathed to tinker with our backline, knowing that we can change things during the game if we consider we need more size in our forward line.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hoping we don’t bring Krueger in. I don’t think it would be fair on him or his body if we rushed him. He’s had so many injuries so I am just hoping he can get a long run of good injury free VFL time and then come up when he’s ready to have an impact at the next level.
I can't imagine bringing an injury prone kamikaze style player just returning from consecutive injuries would be selected to play on the concrete Marvel surface.

It would be absolute madness. Almost as mad as those who thought his selection last week was a good idea...until the journo corrected his error.

I think we need Howe to do a job on MacGovern.

Which I think would mean Dean, WHE or TJ in defence.

The coaches are going to have to get creative.

Reef was pretty good on Andrews; I’d be loathe to mess with the backline.

Reef was pretty good on Andrews; I’d be loathe to mess with the backline.
You're probably right. It will probably be straight Reef into Checkers role, but I really liked Reef's vfl game and would like to see him with a license to be more attacking than that sort of role on Gov.

I’d probably prefer to leave the backline unchanged. So I’m wondering why Begg isn’t in the conversation if Freddy is underdone. Even if he was given a Billy Frampton role on one of their tall defenders. I thought he was developing as a ruck/forward? Is he just not up to it yet?

He's a poor ruckmen and kicks about 1 goal per year at VFL level.

Again for those living in the WC past and worried about the premiers! game this week go and watch the replay of WC/Bombers. It would be a superhuman effort to beat us. They were spent in the last quarter. If they can get up against us this week it would be a poor performance from us.

Our missing players vs theirs? We have talent on every line. They cant carry their outs. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reid is rested too as they have been doing with him.

Celebrate the season. Go Pies.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's a few days left in the week -- he'll put a shoulder out stacking the dishwasher before the team's even selected, won't he? Surely it's going to be Reef or AJ...

No way Krueger
He’d have to play at least 2 more vfl games
AJ or reef or both for mine

On the flip side Dean didn’t get the advantage of playing next Framtpon like our other defenders did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back