Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Marvel … given we have two first gamers, a second gamer, a third gamer and a 15 gamer…..

That’s almost a quarter of our team that have almost no MCG experience so won’t really care where they play and nor will the ground influence their performance
Third gamer? HH? Bucks made the same mistake on AFL 360 this week. Harvey played two games in 2023.

I was thinking the same thing really.
Shows how little confidence the club has in him after those games early this year. To not even be called upon now.

He’s been tasked with a challenge to work on some things before he’s back in seniors it seems.

I’m glad Fly and the selectors have the balls to make these tough calls.

Hopefully Ash can reinvent himself as a back man or even a swing man.
I thought this too, but those in the know on here seem to believe his omission is all part of a cunning plan, and that Johnson expects to be left where he is until the metamorphosis is complete. Apparently selection for tomorrow's game would throw a spanner in the works.

Third gamer? HH? Bucks made the same mistake on AFL 360 this week. Harvey played two games in 2023.
Did it in a rush but doesn’t change my point.

If the theory is that Collingwood are better at the MCG because they play so many games there ( which in itself is arguable) ……. playing at Marvel compared to the MCG for these five newbies will make zero difference.

Did it in a rush but doesn’t change my point.

If the theory is that Collingwood are better at the MCG because they play so many games there ( which in itself is arguable) ……. playing at Marvel compared to the MCG for these five newbies will make zero difference.
correct , and I dont see how the nasayers here keep banging on about Marvel and restricting our chances, DO WCE think Marvel is great? Is it Their home ground? seriously get a grip both sides actually DO play on the same ground. If you start banging on about dimensions next, Optus and MCG are almost exact same size , so by definition are BOTH sides n disadvantaged? ... I could go on ... sigh :p

correct , and I dont see how the nasayers here keep banging on about Marvel and restricting our chances, DO WCE think Marvel is great? Is it Their home ground? seriously get a grip both sides actually DO play on the same ground. If you start banging on about dimensions next, Optus and MCG are almost exact same size , so by definition are BOTH sides n disadvantaged? ... I could go on ... sigh :p
Bye Bye GIF by Motorola

Our “ bottom six” have played an average of 9.8 career games for a total of 59, almost half (22) as sub, not counting games where they might have been subbed off. And those stats are inflated by the 22 games Bytel played for Stkilda.

Serious challenge this week for them to step up. Reckon they can.

Who would have thought not recruiting a young tall forward in the past decade would bite us in the bum, wow who knew? 🙄 🤦‍♂️

We’ve had them, they just haven’t worked out …

Henry Schade
Mitch McCarthy
Sam McLarty
Will Kelly
Tom Wilson
Liam McMahon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm back after a week of sabbatical. We'll still win, even with all our injuries
Couldn't agree more. I am supremely confident we will win this game. I'd be happier if we had one or two more regulars out so that the game would be a true backs to the wall experience for our boys, but there are probably enough missing to sufficiently stir the juices of those remaining.

Last edited:
It will be a source of fascination to see how our forward line functions without Mihocek, Elliott and Schultz. A real opportunity for some of our youngsters to step up and show us what they're capable of. The concern would be whether the Eagles might dominate us aerially with Barrass and McGovern, similar to what happened 2 years ago when they defeated us in an upset.

I don't mind shifting Howe forward because of his previous experience in that part of the ground and it's shown it can work as last year's match against Carlton demonstrated. I just hope moving him up forward doesn't leave us structurally out of whack down back.

We're lucky Yeo and Watermen are out of the Eagles side due to injuries. They've been a pivotal part of the Eagles improved form over the past month, so that cancels out the absentees we have this week.

The Marvel factor always leaves me a little nervous, given it's not officially our home ground. The sample size is small, but we have a 50% winning record there under Fly (3 wins, 3 losses) so it's something to keep in mind compared to our much higher winning % at the MCG.

The equation is simple. Win this and we'll be in the top 8 (either 7th or 8th depending on the Essendon-GWS result today).

Who the hell is going to play foward?
Hoskin Elliot out of the square.
Injury crisis as all one part of the ground we are weak in.
Thank christ its West Coast
Any other side bar North and maybe Richmond would have 5 goals on us.

We had 11 goalkickers last week with our best goal scorer over the past 4-5 years kicking zero.

The fact that our forward line is arguably weak should mean that we can easily replace these so players without losing much.

A team like Carlton losing their strong forward line would for example suffer a lot more, one might imagine.

Out of the 11 goalscorers from last week, the only 2 missing for this week are Schultz & Billy. They kicked 1 goal each.

Can't see why Richards, Bytel, Reef, Sullivan, Harrison etc can't contribute 1 or more on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back