Toast Round of applause for our CEO Jen Watt

Remove this Banner Ad

She's handled the Tarryn Thomas disaster with amplomb.

Violence against women is the defining issue of our times and Jen's deft handling - as per the letter to other club CEOs - has firmly positioned us as the industry leader.

Of course her short time in the hot seat hasn't been without blemish: there was a minor comms snafu about some seat relocations.

But on the major issues, the stuff that counts, Jen is demonstrating we've got a brilliant leader who is just what we need as we emerge from this difficult period.

Looking forward to what comes next.

Violence against women is the defining issue of our times and Jen's deft handling - as per the letter to other club CEOs - has firmly positioned us as the industry leader.

Of course her short time in the hot seat hasn't been without blemish: there was a minor comms snafu about some seat relocations.

But on the major issues, the stuff that counts
, Jen is demonstrating we've got a brilliant leader who is just what we need as we emerge from this difficult period.

Suspicious GIF

But on the major issues, the stuff that counts, Jen is demonstrating we've got a brilliant leader who is just what we need as we emerge from this difficult period.

Sorry can you list the achievements here. There have been so many I lost track. I was of the impression Todd Viney mainly dealt with the Thomas issue. Actually pretty certain of it, as he said so himself in multiple radio interviews. Also it wasn’t a “comms” issue with regards to the seats it was relocating long standing reserved seat members to an inferior part of the ground so we could sell those seats to corporates.

Sorry can you list the achievements here. There have been so many I lost track. I was of the impression Todd Viney mainly dealt with the Thomas issue. Actually pretty certain of it, as he said so himself in multiple radio interviews. Also it wasn’t a “comms” issue with regards to the seats it was relocating long standing reserved seat members to an inferior part of the ground so we could sell those seats to corporates.

She sent an email

That got leaked.

Extend her for 5 more years. (Hopefully she has a plan to get us out of Tassie by then, and we aren't lied to again)

If mishandled, the Tarryn Thomas situation risked causing major issues with staff, coach and player retention, memberships, and sponsors. Jen's leadership through this crisis has been commendable. But certainly, the direction she takes us as we exit Hobart will be the defining issue of her tenure.

Viney dealt with the football side, Jen dealt with the "corporate" side - dealing with the AFL, dealing with media, the various programs we put him through etc etc etc

If mishandled, the Tarryn Thomas situation risked causing major issues with staff, coach and player retention, memberships, and sponsors. Jen's leadership through this crisis has been commendable. But certainly, the direction she takes us as we exit Hobart will be the defining issue of her tenure.

Exactly this ... and not only has she handled it deftly enough to avoid the rocks we were heading toward, we now are positioned as the industry leaders on the issue.

But obvs never forget #JenLiedSeatsDied is the most important thing to ever happen in the history of the club, so the Tarryn stuff has to be seen through that lens.

Last edited:
Exactly this ... and not only has she handled it deftly enough to avoid the rocks we were heading toward, we now are positioned a industry leaders on the issue.

But obvs never forget #JenLiedSeatsDied is the most important thing to ever happen in the history of the club, so the Tarryn stuff has to be seen through that lens.

So its ok to lie to members?

She handled Thomas well, she lied to members.

Can't both be true?

Exactly this ... and not only has she handled it deftly enough to avoid the rocks we were heading toward, we now are positioned a industry leaders on the issue.

Perhaps we could have an honour board at Arden St to recognise those who gallantly gave up their seats for the good of the club similar to the honour board for patrons who handed back their shareholding for the good of the club.

Did I miss something? What was this issue?

Also, if the moving of a Members brings in a fair bit of coin I think it's an acceptable outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, if the moving of a Members brings in a fair bit of coin I think it's an acceptable outcome.
Cool obviously you are well off enough to spend $2k -$3k a year on membership not everyone is. Lots of things bring in a ‘bit of coin’ like selling 4 games a year to Tassie. Based on your logic might as well just sell all 11 and bring in heaps of “coin”.

Perhaps we could have an honour board at Arden St to recognise those who gallantly gave up their seats for the good of the club similar to the honour board for patrons who handed back their shareholding for the good of the club.

Viney dealt with the football side, Jen dealt with the "corporate" side - dealing with the AFL, dealing with media, the various programs we put him through etc etc etc
Sorry so other than the handling of Tarryn and us essentially loosing our best player, how is that good for North? Before you start I think we dealt with him perfectly but I can’t see how we as a club are better off and should be celebrating? what are the other great things she did? Let’s not conflate Jen with Sonja here.

Every year at the appropriate time we can all ring Marc McGowan have a big sook about something.

Yeah, wait until some folks hear about where we are versing Port in a few weeks.

Cool obviously you are well off enough to spend $2k -$3k a year on membership not everyone is. Lots of things bring in a ‘bit of coin’ like selling 4 games a year to Tassie. Based on your logic might as well just sell all 11 and bring in heaps of “coin”.
Obviously there is a balance.

But if a few Members having to move seats brings in a significant amount of money then I am ok with it.

Obviously there is a balance.

But if a few Members having to move seats brings in a significant amount of money then I am ok with it.

Perhaps thats what should have been said then, instead of blaming the stadium.

Lying to your members because it is convenient isn't anything to be cavalier about. Jury is still out on Jen along with the entire club at the moment. As a group they've proven absolutely nothing at North Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back