Royals thread Forever Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
East Perth Football Club has given the Western Australian Football Commission (WAFC) a Notice of Termination after mutually agreeing with the West Coast Eagles to conclude our current partnership agreement.

After careful consideration, the Board have decided that it is in East Perth’s best interest to leave our arrangement with The West Coast Eagles to ensure fairness with regards to WAFC Zoning and Funding Reviews that are imminent.

East Perth has been the partner club of the West Coast Eagles since 2013 after it was agreed by the WAFC that the West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers would not be allowed to field standalone teams in the WAFL competition.

While the partnership has been successful for both clubs, we agree that it is appropriate to now move in separate directions.

Whilst the partnership has not been without challenges, these have arisen because both clubs were focused on getting the best results from the partnership.

Our relationship with the West Coast Eagles is a strong one and one I hope continues long into the future.

To our sponsors, members and supporters who have continued to support us through this period, thank you. By staying true to the course, we have been able to give our great club its best chance to be sustainable for generations to come.

I would encourage all our members and supporters to reconnect with the club. Your support is as important as ever. Our current squad of East Perth listed players is a tremendous group of young men. The club will need to put into place future support structures and resources to ensure they can become the best players they can be.

There are still many details to work through to finalise our standalone arrangement. East Perth, the West Coast Eagles and the WAFC are working together to establish what the exit strategy is and what the timeline for this will be.

Dean Turner
CEO
East Perth Football Club

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
What does it refer to when it says ensure fairness with regards to WAFC Zoning? East Perth and even Perth needs a total overhual of the zones boundaries.

Beetlebum

Premiership Player
Jul 13, 2011
Formerly Row UU Block 113.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Since the last post we've appointed Jeremy Barnard as coach, which as moves go to get the disenfranchised among the support base back on deck is a good one.

Damon Greaves was drafted by the Hawks in the rookie draft and gets to learn the ropes of the AFL from the mullet king himself Ben Stratton.

Feeling positive, regardless of what next season is on the field to have our club back is the best way to end 2018.

FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
East Perth (WAFL), Fitzroy (VAFA)
Since the last post we've appointed Jeremy Barnard as coach, which as moves go to get the disenfranchised among the support base back on deck is a good one.

Damon Greaves was drafted by the Hawks in the rookie draft and gets to learn the ropes of the AFL from the mullet king himself Ben Stratton.

Feeling positive, regardless of what next season is on the field to have our club back is the best way to end 2018.

Agreed, Beetlebum, it's great to have our club back after our time "serving" West Coast.
I don't think we'll set the world on fire in 2019 (I hope I'm wrong), but I believe Jeremy Barnard will instil a resolve in our side that's been sadly lacking in recent years (for obvious reasons).
Yes, good luck to Damon Greaves at Hawthorn and I'm sure Ben Stratton will look after him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hammer63

Draftee
Jun 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi Guys
New supporter of the Royals and live interstate. How can I watch games or what radio station broadcasts the games.
thanks in advance

FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hi Guys New supporter of the Royals and live interstate. How can I watch games or what radio station broadcasts the games. thanks in advance

Welcome aboard the East Perth train, hammer63.
To the best of my knowledge, the only Perth radio stations that broadcast WAFL games weekly are 91.3 SportFM (www.sportfm.com.au) and the appropriately named KIX Digital (www.kixfootball.com.au).
The quote below is in relation to the 2019 Grand Final TV coverage, but may have been accessible for WA viewers only.
"Channel 7 are the official broadcaster of the competition and will broadcast the grand final from 2:30pm (AEST). Their coverage will be available on their main channel, which is Channel 70 in high definition, 71 in standard definition or 107 if watching through a Foxtel service."
The following link will give you frequent score updates of all three grades.
Once again, I wish I could've been more helpful.

FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Going to be a very long season by the looks of the first half.

Durtle, ultimately our dreadful first quarter cost us the match.
Given we were playing our first competition game and with Perth making good first use of the breeze, we were always going to struggle.
I thought some of our defenders were too easily out-bodied, plus the Demons converted most (if not all) of their set-shots.
But there were some promising signs and we were within nine points halfway through the last quarter.
Jackson Ramsay, Aidan Lynch, Angus Scott and Rohan Kerr had a combined 116 disposals, but sometimes we over-possessed the ball when a long kick to our tall marking options would've been far preferable.
The game against East Fremantle next week is winnable, but after the Sharks comfortable victory over Peel, they will fancy their chances against us.

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
A much better performance. Good to have Ramsay playing brilliantly.

How good is Kerr? He is an engine. You always can count on him to get 25+ touches a game.

Hille is a class player, a player that doesn't mind doing the dirty work.

Young provided a great target up forward.

Having a tall lineup helps if they can move the ball quickly as that opens up the 1 on 1 action.

Hope Schumacher is ok with the ankle.

We need to be at our brilliant best against West Perth. They murdered the Swans and looks terrifying hard to beat at Joondalup.

Next week game against West Perth will be a tough one to win, we need to play hard to keep our percentage healthy.

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
A much better performance. Good to have Ramsay playing brilliantly.

How good is Kerr? He is an engine. You always can count on him to get 25+ touches a game.

Hille is a class player, a player that doesn't mind doing the dirty work.

Young provided a great target up forward.

Having a tall lineup helps if they can move the ball quickly as that opens up the 1 on 1 action.

Hope Schumacher is ok with the ankle.

We need to be at our brilliant best against West Perth. They murdered the Swans and looks terrifying hard to beat at Joondalup.

Next week game against West Perth will be a tough one to win, we need to play hard to keep our percentage healthy.
Huh?
They beat us by 10 points, a game we should have won.
You mean they murdered Peel :rolleyes:

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Back to disappointment yesterday. Huge game but simply another slow start cost the boys. Need to perform better than that. Must make sure they start well against Claremont.

Every game for the rest of the competition is a grand final. Lose one and Royals are out of the finals.

Great performances for the Reserves.

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Bitterly disappointed with the performance after being up by 19pts at half time. Going scoreless in the third quarter is pathetic. Claremont running away with it now while East Perth can't make the finals. They are simply not good enough.

FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
A very disheartening second half, Durtle, the worst I can remember from an East Perth side for many a long day.
When you kicked seven goals in one quarter and only eight for the day, something has to be wrong attitudinally.
To Claremonmt's credit, they come out after half-time and played some very good football, but I think a lot of our problem is between the ears.
True, we have a young team but most WAFL sides are.
I hope Jeremy Barnard and the coaching team use the remaining four games to determine who really has the passion to wear the blue and black.

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Any up for 2022, need help to push East Perth above last place. 0-3 preseason isn't an ideal start to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back