NRL Rugby league ratings, crowd and the media discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

21,656 at Penrith. Massive.

Hopefully the Panthers fans keep turning up and even get along to away Sydney games.

20,913 in Newcastle and 18,847 at ANZ. Someone might want to tell "Buzz" that the game aint quite in crisis yet.

Crowds have been awesome this weekend. Only a bit disappointed we couldn't get more in Gosford.

Hopefully the Panthers fans keep turning up and even get along to away Sydney games.

Crowds have been awesome this weekend. Only a bit disappointed we couldn't get more in Gosford.

Yep and yep. On the down side we could see a drop in Newcastle and Auckland on current form.

I can't comprehend why they put Manly on a Thursday night. Was bloody cold and a lot of people will only just be getting back from the city.

Cowboys probably didn't help either. Even two games on Saturday might have been a better idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible turnout for a game at ANZ.
Not really surprising though. Cold winter's Saturday at a venue that's out of the way for most people, for a match up between 16th and 10th, with 10th being from out of town.

There was no way there was 7k there btw. Would have been lucky to have been 5k. Which is great for queues haha.

I don't really check A league crowd averages, but I do know the numbers get absolutely hammered elsewhere on the forum.

http://www.ultimatealeague.com/records.php?type=att

6 clubs average under 10k and as you can see the lowest crowds are pretty low and sadly my team involved in a lot of them.

That said, this thread isn't about comparing with other sports and never will be. Origin period brings lower crowds and as I've said, that aint nothing new.

Not really surprising though. Cold winter's Saturday at a venue that's out of the way for most people, for a match up between 16th and 10th, with 10th being from out of town.

There was no way there was 7k there btw. Would have been lucky to have been 5k. Which is great for queues haha.
That and also the Parramatta stadium being re-developed also was a factor. If the Parra stadium was complete I feel like there'd be a bigger turnout for sure.
Would Vivid take away from League crowds at all?
Vivid being the opposite from the league, raking in a solid amount of people every week.

That and also the Parramatta stadium being re-developed also was a factor. If the Parra stadium was complete I feel like there'd be a bigger turnout for sure.

Vivid being the opposite from the league, raking in a solid amount of people every week.
Parra Stadium's redevelopment has hit Wanderers crowds hard too, they used to pull in 18k at the old place now only 10k at Spotless.

I visited Sydney from Melb on the weekend and even though the weather was poor Vivid was pulling in a good crowd, Circular Quay wasn't bulging but still busy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back