Test Rugby Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 Final: England v South Africa

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Another yellow card for the Wallabies but they are actually playing better a man down by spinning it wide.

Uruguay having the better of the forwards, like Argentina they go in hard, one of the commentators even mistakenly called them Argentina.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Cheika doesn't look happy, the Wallabies are in front but this has been far from a convincing performance, especially from the forwards.

They will be lucky to make it past the quarters playing like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Uruguay robbed of a try by another pedantic call from the TMOs, they are ruining this tournament.

Gordon Bray nailing it "The TMOs are having too much say", they're examining things to within an inch and overruling on field calls which should be let go.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Uruguay robbed of a try by another pedantic call from the TMOs, they are ruining this tournament.

Gordon Bray nailing it "The TMOs are having too much say", they're examining things to within an inch and overruling on field calls which should be let go.
I’d say the same with high tackles. All the years I played rugby, having an arm make contact with the shoulder of a player wasn’t a cardable offence. It’s just leading to Selwood style dropping the knees.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tackling technique sucks. It's obvious the head is off limits and we keep getting done.
They’re not getting the head though. I reckon I could have pulled out at least 3 more yellows from that half if they were consistent. The way they call high is so soft now.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I’d say the same with high tackles. All the years I played rugby, having an arm make contact with the shoulder of a player wasn’t a cardable offence. It’s just leading to Selwood style dropping the knees.
Yeah a high tackle used to be when you actually made head contact, now it is a tackle around the shoulders that slips high which isn't dangerous.

It's getting like AFL now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Slipper getting a standing ovation for his first try and for being an actual Australian that was born here. a rare treat for Wallabies fans these days.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Uruguay get a late try, a good reward for their forwards who have had the better of the Wallabies forwards imo.

The Wallabies were too good for them out wide in the backs but the the scoreline flattered them, not a convincing performance.

Would be surprised if they made it past the quarters which will likely be England, if they couldn't beat Wales they won't beat England let alone the ABs.

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA Cricket, Arsenal, Perth Demons
First Kyle Sinckler, now Tuilagi doesn't get 10?! How much is Nigel Owens on the take in this one?!

££££££££££££££££££££££££

¡Vamos Pumas!

Last edited:

Top Bottom