Mod. Notice Rules/Links Thread ***Ideas wanted***

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
I have some spare time at the moment and Robbie asked me ages ago to give our rules thread a makeover.

So, it's your board, what rules do you want? Personally I don't want many rules specific for our board. I can just link the main board rules into the thread, that way there is less clutter in the thread and easier to read.

Plus I'd like to add a place where we can link all the important threads both current and historically. E.g, we'd have a 2012 GF section, where we can keep links to all the threads for those who can't be bothered finding them. Maybe all of our past POTY leaderboard threads. Up to you.

To be honest I reckon the board operates pretty smoothly these days, no need for a big overhaul of the rules in place. I do like the idea of a links thread where we can keep an archive of our season highlights.

I like the idea of a separate board to talk about the 2012 grand final (And would love to expand this so we include the preview threads and predictions threads for the final in there as well (I feel as if they made for some really good reading after we won))

And a separate board for the POTY threads is a great idea.

Personally the changes I wouldn't want to change too much except for maybe we could sticky some different threads? Would love to see the Audio and Visual thread stickied as I really think that will be a tread that a lot of us will look back to.

The biggest change I think would be worth while though would be instead of creating new threads for every news article of puff piece that comes out about each player, Could we instead put them in the player threads? (Similar to what happens on the Lions board), I feel as if that is a board that really doesn't get utilised enough and it could make it open to some really great discussions.

To be honest I reckon the board operates pretty smoothly these days, no need for a big overhaul of the rules in place. I do like the idea of a links thread where we can keep an archive of our season highlights.
Robbie requested it ages ago. Just to update everything, make it easier to read (as in remove wall of text) and remove him as the thread starter.

Robbie requested it ages ago. Just to update everything, make it easier to read (as in remove wall of text) and remove him as the thread starter.

Then I reckon just do what you suggested and C+P the main board one? Can't think of any rules that really need changing. We're one of the better boards to post on in my humble opinion because we actually let opposition supporters say their bit most of the time.

The biggest change I think would be worth while though would be instead of creating new threads for every news article of puff piece that comes out about each player, Could we instead put them in the player threads? (Similar to what happens on the Lions board), I feel as if that is a board that really doesn't get utilised enough and it could make it open to some really great discussions.

I think that that happens most of the time, unfortunately people just don't go in there which means they miss the articles and just post them on the main board anyway.

I think that that happens most of the time, unfortunately people just don't go in there which means they miss the articles and just post them on the main board anyway.
Yeah, I think that's a separate issue the Locker Room board. Think we voted to kill it off mid season and just move the 'Contract Status' thread to the main board. No one uses it enough Bonza.

Yeah, I think that's a separate issue the Locker Room board. Think we voted to kill it off mid season and just move the 'Contract Status' thread to the main board. No one uses it enough Bonza.

That's fair enough, Just thought it might be a good way to direct a bit of traffic towards it.

Seriously don't have many suggestions, the only time I thought things started to get a bit heated on here was in GF week when people were coming on here begging for tickets and will rice or whatever his name was pretended to be a Swans supporter, but it all seemed to resolve itself pretty well. (What happened in the end??)

I think Bonzaburgers proved himself to be most worthy of mod responsibilities through his handling of that incident, so he gets my vote!

Seriously don't have many suggestions, the only time I thought things started to get a bit heated on here was in GF week when people were coming on here begging for tickets and will rice or whatever his name was pretended to be a Swans supporter, but it all seemed to resolve itself pretty well. (What happened in the end??)

I met the guy at Elsternwick station on the day and paid for the ticket (He turned up which was good as well so he can be at least commended for that), It was then given to one of our old members of this board :)

Good work, glad the story had something of a happy ending!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back