Big Blow Hard

That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
After reading some less than impressive reviews, I went into this one expecting the worse. But, surprisingly, I actually left feeling like I had been entertained enough. I got some good laughs. It was ok, probably helped mostly in part by Dylan Moran (Black Books).

Does not measure up th Simon Peggs other efforts, but a bit of fun considering David Schwimmer directed it.

5/10 .

Saw it last night

ok story line and some stupid bits but some classic one liners and good overall movie. loved the bit where the old lady says 'you ****' and the indian mans a crack up. definatley reccomend going. especially if u like english humour

7/10

yep considering the crap that is around these days i found this to be a fantastic movie. Dylan Moran is a p*sser!

8/10

Gordon (Moran): "That was the second most digusting fluid I've ever had in my eye." Loved that line! :D

Simon Pegg is always great value !!!

Btw don't bother reading Leigh Patsch's reviews anymore in the Hun. The man is a deadset flog ..

watchable I agree, Not a movie great but a worthy of a good DVD night. My only criticism is that I don't think he is that fat to begin with. Sure a little pudgy around the mid section but it may have been funnier had he been a bit bigger even if make up was used.

Simon Pegg is always great value !!!

Btw don't bother reading Leigh Patsch's reviews anymore in the Hun. The man is a deadset flog ..
If I am not mistaken, last week he gave pretty much everything 1 and 2's except for 1 movie, which he gave 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watchable I agree, Not a movie great but a worthy of a good DVD night. My only criticism is that I don't think he is that fat to begin with. Sure a little pudgy around the mid section but it may have been funnier had he been a bit bigger even if make up was used.

Thats exactly what I thought!!! The guy isnt fat! Out of shape maybe, def not toned maybe, but not fat, lol!!!

My mate saw it (weeks ago, in a preview) and said it was pretty crap. I'll probably skip this one. Liked Shaun of the Dead but. :thumbsu:

I almost didn't see this film because of all the bad reviews but I glad that I eventually did. The move was very formulaic and it wouldn't have worked if it wasn't for Simon Pegg who's a brilliant comedy actor. In fact the only difficulty I had with the film was the struggle to believe that Simon Pegg's character ever had a remote chance with Thandie Newton who was good but was way too attractive for her part.

I know I'm with the minority in saying this, but I don't care much for Pegg. His dry and predictable British wit can only go so far, and I'm always sick of him after about 10 minutes.

He was great in Big Train, not a good movie actor at all.

Sean of the Dead and Big Fuzz were anything but predictable. I'd be interested to know what type of films tickle your funnybone then.

I haven't seen the movie but I saw the clips on At The Movies and I must say it is strange to see the voice actor of Homer Simpson, Hank Azaria, is actually a quite buff individual :p

He's been a tank for as long as I remember. This is a photo from a 2001 series called Uprising

feat_avnet2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back