Ryan or Nathan Lonie?

Remove this Banner Ad

If i could choose i would have either there both legends and will be good footballers if they arent already

But i selected ryan lonie. GF experience, seems more confident and is bigger bodied and has a bigger kick IMO.

Although Natahn ahs had a better 2004 so far im sure that ryan will step up otherwise he will be traded to tigerland :D

Ryan has been solid for the Pies this year, except for the Anzac day clash.

He is playing more as a tight defender now which reduces his profile somewhat. He has certainly improved his marking and ability in the contest since he has been at the club (which he needed to).

I used to play footy against both when they were at the Frankston Rovers. Both dominated, the rest of the team was average if that. Ryan was always the better footballer. IMO, he was much more mobile, and read the play better. A close friend played with them for the Interleauge and agreed.

I would have both, but in this case...Ryan. Easy.
Both good cricketers too, I might add.

Nathan gets more of it. Ryan uses it better and is less prone to brain fades and turnovers. Ryans game has become much more defensive this season and his accountability and contesting has improved a fair bit. There is no doubt though he offers more value as an attacking wingman or half back flank as seen in the last part of the game against Port last week. He also has had a few quality finals games to his name.

I selected Nathan, why?? Because his a Hawk!!
Personally I think they are mush the same, and when I watch them play, I see the same, not just in looks but the whole package. I think the one thing Ryan has over his bro, is he has more confidence, Nath will gain that as he gets older.

Let's not forget the days when people would ask - who would you rather, nick holland or ben holland. oh how i now wish we'd traded nick holland to richmond, dare i say it, but the lonie boys could well be heading down a similar path - only this time they don't have a rising star award between them.

I wish Ryan wasn't played as a half back. Play them both on opposite wings and it would be a close call. I haven't seen nearly as much of Nathan as I have Ryan. I am a bit disappointed in Ryan’s lack of a surge in the level he has played at to date. Not so sure about Nathan but I haven't seen anything startling there. Ryan has showed real signs but isn’t consistent. Very cool under pressure though as evidenced by his kickout sand go to man role in his first year. He has also kept a few forwards very quiet. I still want him used in a more attacking role though.

Lonie and Tarrant on the wings please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan will/is becoming a more rounded player under Bluey McKenna. Has the chassis to be an out and out gun, for some reason the've held him back from putting on upper body weight.

His 2002 Finals series was reflective of what he can achieve.

Both Should be Played on The Wing.

I voted for Ryan buts thats because i know what he can do, he is a very good player and WILL bounce back to his best very soon, Nathan has started better this year but Ryan will come back for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back