Opinion Rank these players in order from 1-6: Gary Ablett Jnr, Nathan Buckley,James Hird, Chris Judd, Dustin Martin, Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty should be subbed out of the thread list for Harvey or Dangerfield or Ricuitto or Cousins

Ranked by AA, BNF, Brownlow:

R Harvey 8, 4, 2
Dangerfield: 8, 4, 1
Ricciuto: 8, 3, 1
Cousins: 6, 4, 1
Pendlebury: 6, 5, 0
Neale: 3, 5, 2
Goodes: 4, 3, 2
Mitchell: 5, 3, 1
Swan: 5, 3, 1
B Harvey: 4, 5, 0
Cripps: 3, 4, 1
Martin: 5, 2, 1
McLeod : 5, 3, 0
Fyfe: 3, 3, 2
Black: 3, 3, 1
Gawn: 6, 2, 0
Akermanis: 4, 2, 1
Cochin: 1, 3, 1
Correction - Martin is actually 4, 2, 1.

So basically at the same level as Akermanis.

Also Andrew McLeod, who has one more AA and B&F, one less Norm Smith (one fewer Grand Final), and one less Brownlow (though has a 2nd and 3rd placing).

All three - Akermanis, McLeod and Martin - were superstars.

Last edited:
Maybe explain what you're planning to work out, and how you're planning to work it out. Then we can determine whether it's going to be worth our while to read it.

Because it seems you're tying yourself in knots.

The x1.5 factor has been applied to the Coaches votes in the Grand Final for the Gary Ayres Medal since 2022. Each coach votes 5, 4 3, 2, 1.

The x1.5 factor has absolutely nothing to do with the Norm Smith Medal voting, and the Norm Smith Medal voting has nothing to do with the Gary Ayres Medal (though it would be reasonable to use the Norm Smith Medal votes as input when determining the retrospective Gary Ayres Medal Coaches votes).

I’m doing top 3 get votes like the NS but GF gets 1.5x like the Gary Ayres award because when you get down to 4-6th place the votes can really go to anybody.

David Teague won a BNF, they mean sfa when trying to judge greatness.

Leigh Matthew’s trophy is prob the best indicator of who was the best player in the comp and more relevant than any of thise listed. .https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Matthews_Trophy

GAJ 5
Judd 2
Voss 2
Dusty 1

Buckley & Hird 0

Yeah I agree B&Fs mean sfa.

If finals didn’t exist I’d agree with your list but they do so yeah.

Don't worry about doing it then.

Because you're not comparing apples with apples.

Ok, hopefully Mr Meow reads this so he doesn’t have a sook on Monday.

But if you are so desperate to include 4th-6th place for votes then what does that say about GAJs finals record if he has to rely on that. Not good I would say. Nobody cares/remembers about 4th-6th place.

David Teague won a BNF, they mean sfa when trying to judge greatness.

Leigh Matthew’s trophy is prob the best indicator of who was the best player in the comp and more relevant than any of thise listed. .https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Matthews_Trophy

GAJ 5
Judd 2
Voss 2
Dusty 1

Buckley & Hird 0
Don't agree. Rarely is a bnf awarded to someone who doesn't deserve it.

Also the Mathews award only goes from 2002. Buckley won the equivalent MVP award before that.

Ok, hopefully Mr Meow reads this so he doesn’t have a sook on Monday.

But if you are so desperate to include 4th-6th place for votes then what does that say about GAJs finals record if he has to rely on that. Not good I would say. Nobody cares/remembers about 4th-6th place.
But that's how the system works, and how apples are compared with apples.

Meow wouldn't waste his time reading a flawed 'analysis' either. Why would he?

Correction - Martin is actually 4, 2, 1.

So basically at the same level as Akermanis (who was also a superstar).
Woops you're right...Dusty falls even further down the list. I'll edit it.

He's not even in the ball park is he. I mean look at Harvey and Ricuitto' honour roll in comparison.

No joke I actually appreciate you saving my weekend. You guys don’t care anyway now that I think about it

Maybe you have NFI

Truth hurts doesn’t it.

25% great GF game odds for both Abletts and it’s still a loss. I didn’t think it would be possible to be that bad. At least players like Gary Rohan are just bad overall so they have an excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty should be subbed out of the thread list for Harvey or Dangerfield or Ricuitto or Cousins

R Harvey 8, 4, 2
Martin: 4, 2, 1
Aker is a fair way down the list but when he was on he was bloody good to watch. better than Peak Dusty IMO. That fab 4 at the Lions was awesome

R Harvey 8, 4, 2
Martin: 4, 2, 1
Wasn't there a story about R Harvey jumping off his kitchen table to fix an injury by injuring himself more to fix the original injury?

GAS only got 1 B&F. You gonna adjust your view?
Lockett only got 3 bnf's. They tend to go to midfielders didn't you know.

Are you saying Dusty's record, as objectively viewed through awards, is as good as Ricuitto'?, Harvey?, Cousins? Pendlebury? Why? ( Please don't say NS...we've covered that)

Woops you're right...Dusty falls even further down the list. I'll edit it.

He's not even in the ball park is he. I mean look at Harvey and Ricuitto' honour roll in comparison.
Some player suffer by not being in the Melbourne fishbowl where other get their Tyres overblown by being in it

Yeah that's true. Meow' time is valuable. He won't be impressed if he's given another half baked analysis.

Lockett only got 3 bnf's. They tend to go to midfielders didn't you know.

Are you saying Dusty's record, as objectively viewed through awards, is as good as Ricuitto'?, Harvey?, Cousins? Pendlebury? Why? ( Please don't say NS...we've covered that)

Well Carey got 4 and he’s a forward so oops same with Buddy. Maybe GAS needs to be deleted from any “best of” threads with only 1 B&F right?

Um yes Dusty does because of finals.

Pendlebury doesn’t even have a Brownlow or MVP for gods sake.

Dusty has records none of them have in both H&A and Finals.

Last edited:
Well Carey got and he’s a forward so 4 so oops.

Um yes because of finals.

Pendlebury doesn’t even have a Brownlow or MVP for gods sake.

Dusty has records none of them have in both H&A and Finals.
Ok then I await your listing based on a reasoned weighting of objective data in the form of awards.
Gonna be fun seeing how you manage to put Dusty ahead of Harvey for example.

Ok then I await your listing based on a reasoned weighting of objective data in the form of awards.
Gonna be fun seeing how you manage to put Dusty ahead of Harvey for example.

3x Flags

Brownlow medal (record votes)

Coaches award (record votes)

MVP

3x Finals MVP (record)

3x NS (record)

8th all time career Brownlow votes

Only player to win a Brownlow, NS and flag in the same year.

Harvey can take a seat.

Why are pies supporters such brownosers. It’s actually quite grotty.
How DARE you accuse me of brown nosing Mr Meow.!!
Meows a very discerning and influential poster. I was just pointing out that he's a busy man and if you screw up your analysis again he's not going to be happy.

3x Flags

Brownlow medal (record votes)

Coaches award (record votes)

MVP

3x Finals MVP (record)

3x NS (record)

8th all time career Brownlow votes

Only player to win a Brownlow, NS and flag in the same year.

Harvey can take a seat.
You've screwed up the analysis again.

Ollie Wines shares the meaningless record for most votes in a Brownlow for starters .. Ollie f'n Wines. You don't get an extra award for getting record votes.

Record votes in finals MVP is meaningless. You don't get any award for the record votes... You still just get an MVP in finals. Etc etc.
Ns... we've covered this but you won't listen. Winning awards for a performance in 1 game is in no way comparable to an award given for performance across an entire season.
Sorry but his record just doesn't stack up to the others.

I asked the question because the tally you just agreed to made them the equivalent or excluded them altogether.

And most people would pick a NS in a winning GF over all of GAJs at the GC. They ultimately meant nothing.

And have another go at answering this question instead of dodging it like a coward. 4 B&Fs at GC or a NS?

It’s just a weird question. You may as well ask “do you prefer jazz or purple?”

You sure get worked up over strange things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back