Official Match Thread S30 Round 4 - Gumbies FFC vs West Coast Wonders at The House Of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

S30 Round 4 - Gumbies FFC vs West Coast Wonders
at The House of Gumby

Courtesy of philreich

1597745589488.png

Pick the odd one out: the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and a Gumbies victory.
None of the above - they're all fictional.

These 2 teams enter this match with just 1 win between them - hardly an ideal start to season 30. Let's check out their form, leading into this one.

Gumbies After glory in the pre season Tittybong Cup (including a demolition of the reigning premiers), the Gumbies seemed to be promising a much improved effort in season 30. But my how things have changed since, and this round 4 encounter with the Wonders has taken on a status of "must win". Against the Bears, Taylor had a memorable game, collecting 23 possessions and booting 3 goals.

Wonders Meanwhile, the Wonders finally got on the board against the Warriors, after 2 straight losses - naturally they'd love to square the ledger this week. Elmer_Judd had a monster outing, accumulating 30 possessions and clunking 11 marks.

Who's Hot?
Rodney Dangerfield has 9 goals from his first 3 games - apart from The Filth Wizard, who is already 90000 goals in front for Fred Medal honours (OK slight exaggeration), Rodders is in pretty good company.

jezzajay is averaging 83 DT points per game, in an eye catching start to the season.

Who's Not?
Against the Bears, NSWCROW was almost as quiet as a Crows dressing room after another loss, amassing a miserly 1 mark and 2 handballs. His skipper will want more from his this week.

BallaratBulldog kicked a goal yesterday, but that was his only possession for the day. I'm sure he'll want to contribute more this week.

Prediction After their impressive win over the Warriors, it's hard to tip against the Wonders, so I'll tip them by 17 points. Then again, I'm often right about as often as Donald Trump admits he's wrong.

Captains, please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm Thursday

Last edited:

Wonders for my Knockout thanks Beez. No Joker either because fu** YOU BEEZ.
RIGHT.

WHO IS SIMMING OUR GAME THIS WEEK? WE NEED TO BLACKMAIL THE **** OUTTA THEM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My awe inspiring recipe of the week.

gumby1.JPG gumby2.JPG

The Gumby Gumby cocktail.

I thought what better way to relieve constipation that to devour a gumby in liquid form

Welcome Gumbies.

This box contains the answer to what position I'll be playing in my triumphant return to Qooty this weekend. If I don't know, how could you?

12119764.jpg

Better get your scouting department working three-fold.

At least we'll get another quiet week this week Wonders, playing this rabble club.
Quiet? Just wait until I've had a few of those cocktails ... I might even awaken Hatchy1992 from his grave. He may as well still be here.

Add bleach for his. Thanks.
I thought we'd already played the Gumbies this season for some reason. I guess I'm just used to pedestrian and lacklustre teams playing us each week so I may be mistaken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back