• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I will tell you how silly it is working on who is great in the tac and using that as a guide in afl. Paddy I suppose was considered great but unfortunately that just proves my point on using the tac. Nothing was going to make him great in the afl because unfortunately the game isn’t suited to the way paddy plays and also concussions haven’t helped. I suppose another player close to great was billings and until this year was on an upward trajectory to become a very good player but something has happened that neither of us have a clue on. We have drafted no other great junior players imo but I don’t know enough about under 18’s. Maybe dunstan was a really good junior and this year he is finally becoming a very good senior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it sounds like you don't know what the level was of each player that we have brought into the club for the coach to develop. i.e. you dont know what the base level was that they came from

so when you say its the list, are you factoring in the potential here or just what its performing at now?

You've been sipping the cool aid for too long.
Are you ok?

I have been nothing but fair to the current coach,board and everyone else associated with stkilda. Infact I have defended them and their actions for a considerable time especially to people like yourself on big footy.

We now have just absolute bullshit coming out from our chairman a moron of a coach who can't answer a simple question and a record of 3-15-1 since the moment we sat percentage out of 4th .

Doesn’t take a genius to work out we are free falling. I’ll give you another example..... Longmire has his swans make the 8 after being 0-8? I believe. Clarko has us thinking we would be getting a top 3 pick at one point and now they are in the 8.

Richo has done the ******* opposite and we have had no response to his methods. We just let him enjoy his Monday nights talking utter s**t and not providing any insight into the mess that is stkilda in 2018

You change arguments I try and prove something. One minute he isn’t working hard enough because we are on the bottom which I answered and now this. What has this got to do with my response. You are all over the shop. Swans 0 8. Mayo. Hawthorn in the 8. Mayo

Are you ok?

I have been nothing but fair to the current coach,board and everyone else associated with stkilda. Infact I have defended them and their actions for a considerable time especially to people like yourself on big footy.

We now have just absolute bullshit coming out from our chairman a moron of a coach who can't answer a simple question and a record of 3-15-1 since the moment we sat percentage out of 4th .

ignore old m8. he backed the wrong horse and now he's salty as *.

it sounds like you don't know what the level was of each player that we have brought into the club for the coach to develop. i.e. you dont know what the base level was that they came from

so when you say its the list, are you factoring in the potential here or just what its performing at now?

No I’m factoring in how they have played since day one. Hope that is.

Mate he has embarrassed himself each week .those 20 minutes he has not once come away with it and made supporters think he is the right man from the job. Look at how the Richo out numbers have increased significantly and how people are openly saying he is talking utter s**t in this thread after each segment. Not only that but the clubs president has come out saying we thought our list could challenge top 4 if we got out consistency right. **** me that's throwing your coach under the bus

When Twitter fingers become trigger fingers

9E656051-C3E4-4639-8460-01FB98F13A91.jpeg

again it comes down to players not developing as quickly as we hoped , key personal being in career worse form and injurys where we really dont have the depth to cover for it .... im not for one second excusing it the club as a whole got us to where we are now some through bad choices some through bad luck some through inexperiance but we are where we are and where we are right now and what we have to work with right now can you honestly see any changes that can be made to fix this mess ? i personally cant theres no switch to suddenly have Membry kicking 5-1 instead of 1-5 theres no quick fix ... does that mean Richo gets a free pass ? hell no its most likely going to cost him his job and his career to ever be a head coach again but standing here saying hes not doing anything when theres litterally nothing to do is a bit cheap... we need to buckle in and ride this wave nothing we do now is going to fix today but we can do things now to make tomorrow better
Mate as a coach he could do a number of things .

Tell me has anything we dished up really change? Have we played 4 quarters? Do we still bomb the ball top of the square and get out marked or do we put it on lonies head for the 4th year in a row? What's the circuit breaker? What can we say Richo has done ? Because right now your laying the blame on the players which is fair, but the coach is supposed to do something .I mean we do pay him 500k or whatever we pay him.

ignore old m8. he backed the wrong horse and now he's salty as ****.

Are u referring to me?
The only horse I've backed is StKilda and if it isn't this year then maybe next or whenever...
I couldn't give a stuff about the personnel. I follow the club.
Richo seems like a decent man and I do actually feel sorry for him. If a review decides he's no longer the right fit then I'll back the new man.
I'm the last one to be salty about this situation. Bemused would better sum up my feelings.
I hope the club is brutal wrt both the coaching staff and the list if that's what an independent review deems appropriate.

ITK's that pump themselves up then crash back to Earth with epic melts are quite a laugh. Pass me the popcorn.
You have an anti Richo agenda and I'm fine with that. I really don't care. You are looking spot on at the moment. I hope they give him the year to prove you wrong.

Both. Not that vfl has any bearing in afl. Paddy would be a great vfl player. Suited to the pace of the game and less forward pressure. The other two have hardly played vfl

gee you wouldn't rate too many club lists doing it that way. its incredibly hard for an 18 year old to have an affect the next level up early on. by now you could have a good idea on players in the system for more than 3 years, but i don't think you would have a great grasp on how we compare to other clubs, as i doubt you watch the other clubs VFL games... plus other clubs are more established than others, making some younger players look better than others (some WCE kids are a good example of this). so for example, you could not have an opinion on if players like clark, long, coffield etc. are hitting their potential. you also would not be able to tell what the growth is like in a player if they started s**t and ended up s**t.

no wonder you think the list is s**t given you do not have an understanding of the level of player that was brought in and how it compares to other players drafted around them. it also means you cannot pass judgment on the drafting, as you have no understanding on what was available and at what output.

i suspect you look at current output of the AFL side. if they play well. the list is good. if they play bad. the list is no good. if we asked you in 2016 what you thought of richmond i reckon you would have said the list is no good.

Last edited:
Assistants would lining up to work under him , given those that have are anointed as Coaches of the future.

Simpson, Dew ,Bolton , Fagan , Beveridge ...

Sponsors would be lining up , money people come back to club , membership would climb.

Whoever comes in they must be able to implement systems and processes for success all the way through the football department, including the list.

It is damning that we still have people there from 5 years ago and longer.

If it's Clarko or Roos or whoever, I don't care.

We need a full restructure.

If people think that a change of coach will fix everything, they are delusional.

A list is only as good as it's coach and a coachbis only as good as his list...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee you wouldn't rate too many clubs list doing it that way. its incredibly hard for an 18 year old to have an affect the next levels up early on. by now you could have a good idea on players in the system for more than 3 years, but i don't think you would have a great grasp on how we compare to other clubs, as i doubt you watch the other clubs VFL games...

no wonder you think the list is s**t given you do not have an understand of the level of player that was brought in and how it compares to other players drafted around them

i suspect you look at current output of the AFL side. if they play well. the list is good. if they play bad. the list is no good. if we asked you in 2016 what you thought of richmond i reckon you would have said the list is no good.

What are you on about. I rated the great players we drafted. Who are the other great players we drafted that I didn’t rate. You obviously have a low opinion of the word great. And no I don’t watch other vfl clubs unless they play us. I suppose that’s more than you though. I love it that you know the exact level of the players we brought in. Seen that I have an answered your questions can you tell me the great players we brought in and why were they great players. Your knowledge of Victorian kids must be amazing. And on your last comment I would have Richmond have 4 stars so I would have wondered what had gone wrong

And to accuse me of working week to week is unbelievable. You change day to day. The one thing I don’t do is go high and low. You are so black and white.

And I didn’t include coffield and Clarke because even you would understand it’s to early. Actually forgot Gresham. Showed constant excellent improvement until this year but starting to get it back. He didn’t get the second year blues which many Di so well done to the coaches

He would get the same questions after each match and during the week in the mandatory press conferences. I'm sure he hates being on 360 at the moment. However, quitting when things get a bit tough is not a great trait in any leader in my opinion.

Spot on.
Pretty sure he wouldn't be enjoying it on the show at present, but consider the example it sets to the young players should he just quit when the going gets tough.

Whatever we may think about his ability to coach there is no doubt that Richo is a man of integrity and unless expressly directed to do so by the club I doubt he is going to renege on the deal with fox footy no matter how awkward it gets for him. And for that I do admire him.

Wow, who would want to be a St Kilda coach, player or board member?

How is it the coaches fault that Tim Membrey continually misses set shots from 30 metres out, Jack Billings the same?

Our game style looked very good on the weekend but many times the final link in the chain broke because of poor disposal and decision making.

As far as Saints players complaining about Richo, none of the blokes you mentioned are any good, maybe they should look at themselves?

I think it’s great Richo is on media street, at least it’s getting our team on tv for once!

You know what they say, if you can’t stick fat in the bad times we don’t want you or your support in the good times.

Looking forward to drafting a Max King type and signing some free agents!

So, if the 50-100 game players are no good, then you sack the Coach but then find out they are still no good, what then?
Are they no good or we are just not getting the best out them

Whoever comes in they must be able to implement systems and processes for success all the way through the football department, including the list.

It is damning that we still have people there from 5 years ago and longer.

If it's Clarko or Roos or whoever, I don't care.

We need a full restructure.

If people think that a change of coach will fix everything, they are delusional.

A list is only as good as it's coach and a coachbis only as good as his list...

Including in particular strong development off field in the VFL .
Have heard about the educational processes that come from strong systems that successful clubs have.

Prefer Clarko ,Voss , Caracella myself .

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-list-right-now.1194513/page-11#post-55850648

Interesting survey on the Scandals & Rumours Board on who is considered to have the worst list. A good spread of supporters from all clubs voted for the Saints. It seems those that didnt were convinced Richo needed replacing.
Our list would be instantly fixed if we had an Academy like the Swans and drafted Callum Mills and Isaac Heaney for starters. The AFL system is the reason we are ****ed, they don’t look after the heartland because they want TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back