• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic stuff thunda, nice to see the club move in a new direction, it seems like Allan has worked out well at Port Adelaide. Let's hope for all involved that we have finally found a long term coach.

Saints snare Alan Richardson

Exclusive
Alan Richardson will be installed as St Kilda's new coach on Thursday after the Saints lured the Port Adelaide assistant to Melbourne on Wednesday following two weeks of private negotiations with his manager Gerard Sholly.
Port Adelaide was left blindsided on Tuesday night after Richardson backflipped on an earlier statement and contacted senior coach Ken Hinkley at about 10pm to reveal he harboured an ambition to coach the Saints

Think they're playing the media a bit which is good IMO....

From what I've read he seems like a very good appointment. Should be a good influence on the kids and will get the support of the senior players. Plus he has been around a while. Looking forward to seeing what he can do!! I'm happy...

The appointment we need to nail is the CEO, (I know I know wrong thread but still)....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cant all think the same or it would be boring:p
I will always love and support the Saints but i think this decision
images

GO SAINTS 2014:thumbsu: Hope you prove me wrong:)

best thing about this, richardson was in a position high enough to know who port was targeting in the draft and their views on the players

might be some info on the SA boys

Also means we probably won't get Scharenburg after Choco was so interested in him earlier this year. The draft knowledge he bring should not be important, as I see Pelchen playing the main role and making most if not all decisions.

best thing about this, richardson was in a position high enough to know who port was targeting in the draft and their views on the players

might be some info on the SA boys

We'll be done and dusted by the time Port have their first selection...Good point though, he may have some info regarding Aish, Dunstan, Dumont etc.

Also means we probably won't get Scharenburg after Choco was so interested in him earlier this year. The draft knowledge he bring should not be important, as I see Pelchen playing the main role and making most if not all decisions.

any extra info should always be welcome but agree with you that trout should be making the call based on pelchens list strategy

So after how many statements on behalf of Port declaring his non-interest, it turns out we were privately negotiating with him the entire time? Did we just give Port the Ross Lyon/Rosich treatment?

I would also like to point out that Caroline Wilson had a piece on Richardson to St Kilda right on the cover of the Sports section in The Age, today. With everything that has been said about her reports on the forum (myself included), I think it's worth noting that she was not incorrect.

Caro is hands down the best in the business.

We've been hoodwinked...
How does his appointment sit with you..??

Seems like Choco blew it..

The Saints never gave up on Richardson despite their genuine interest in Williams. It is understood the panel, which included club directors Andrew Thomson and Danni Roche along with football boss Chris Pelchen, had some concerns over some of Williams' mooted demands.​

Richardson is understood to have rejected overtures from both Essendon and Brisbane in recent months to present for those clubs' senior coaching jobs.

Very happy. He has done so many apprenticeships as well, similar to Kenny Hinkley. Should be a good get for us, hopefully we keep him on for at least 3-4 years. Need to really start building a stable base from the Board, President and CEO and to the coach and the players.

A step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back