Toast Sam Dwyer

Remove this Banner Ad

Just fantastic tonight, does the little things, too, I reckon, showed plenty of desperation tonight. Crackers Keenan has been singing his praises for a while (am fairly reliant on podcasts to keep up with the footy news back home these days) and he's more often that not a pretty good judge, all told.

eddiebankbalance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Poor Sam, I should've of replied earlier. Sam is sex on football leather :thumbsu: Reckon he was a bit tired the past couple of weeks but damn he's a keeper.

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Defended this bloke rigorously so far this year in all the changes threads.

1. He never, ever loses his feet or goes to ground. Ever. And it took a blatant hold in the final minutes for a Geelong player to get him down.
2. His foot skills are superb. Knows how to use the footy. Though his kicking lacked depth, until he drilled that shot from 50 six rows back!!
3. Finds space regularly.

And finally, I'm in love, like most around here :D

Food for thought ...

We had two rookie elevation spots at the start of the season, which we used on Hudson and Frost. Both have been essential depth for injured players.

Dwyer only got elevated because Broomhead got galandular fever and got put on the LTI list.

Now, I don't wish illness or injury on anyone, let alone a Collingwood player. But gee, did Broomhead's bad luck have a nice silver lining!

Go_Brad_Dick

All Australian
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Food for thought ...

We had two rookie elevation spots at the start of the season, which we used on Hudson and Frost. Both have been essential depth for injured players.

Dwyer only got elevated because Broomhead got galandular fever and got put on the LTI list.

Now, I don't wish illness or injury on anyone, let alone a Collingwood player. But gee, did Broomhead's bad luck have a nice silver lining!

Dwyer is the new Podsiadly.
Martin will be next.

His best game to date.

The only criticism I have of his game, is that he goes missing a lot. I think we'll see a major surge next year when he has a full preseason under his belt, he's fitter and the club gives him more midfield responsibility.

Clean hands, good footskills, great decision making, can win the 1v1's. There's a lot to like.

liquidbilliam

Debutant
Oct 17, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's so good to see him step up to AFL so smoothly. He has been one of our most consistent players. Very, very clean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saw him a number of times tear it up for Port Melbourne and was stoked when I heard we had rookied him. Just a genuine gun. Love him. Get him up here I wanna boof him!

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
Has been a jet so far and money maker for super coach. Cant wait to see you running around with
ya vfl buddy martyn as it would be awesome, plus a good story if both in best 22.

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
Tonight he was legend... wait for it... dary.

Still needs to work on his defensive game, is the classic down hill skier.

If he does that much damage on the offense though everything is more than made up for.

AssassinAndy

All Australian
Jan 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Been fantastic so far this year. Excellent skills uses it really well and makes the right decisions. Like has been said previously when he gets the ball you feel confident that it will end up in the right spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back