Oppo Camp Sam Kerridge Spud Shield 2017

Should the Spud Shield change names?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

20 disposals to half time........

View attachment 370368
1 handball to 3 Qtr time from 89% game time.

pelican-photo-lg.jpg

Newman ended up with 35 odd disposals. Has to be this week's Kerridge.

I sat there watching him all game and still don't know who he is.
Yes, even though he didn't kick a goal this has the potential to be a Kerridge of the year contender. Late inclusion and ran rampant completely unaccountably.
35 disposals (13 contested) at 82%, 11 marks, 4 tackles and 151 supercoach points!

Full nominations list Round 8 -

giantroo - Hewett
tazaa - Hayward
Roozee - Papley
see see - Reid
Kangaroos4eva - Rohan
muttley45 - Cunningham
Heaps of fun - Towers
King Corey - Towers
rippersnipper - Rohan
Kanga Glory - Tippett
DaveyBoy123 - Melican
Dan - Rohan
GN80 - Rohan
Tas - Sinclair
Flawed Genius - Towers
YearOfTheRoos - Cunningham
big_e - Hewett
Nate7 - Papley
TennisPlayerAndy - Hewett
Hojuman - Melican
boneofshin - Newman
RobZombie - Towers
Groin guru - Towers
naturally north - Newman

NEWMAN.gif

Classic Kerridge performance.

A complete unknown scrub is a late in and proceeds to collect 30+ disposals in a far and away career best effort.

It appears our players had less of an idea than we did on who Newman was. He did whatever he liked!

ROUND 8 REPORT

ezgif.com-optimize (45).gif

Crashing back to earth. Thankfully Mother's Day was a welcome distraction from this game. Swans by 42 points :thumbsdown:

upload_2017-5-15_4-1-38.png

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

ezgif.com-optimize (46).gif

Ladies and Gentleman we have a contender for a Kerridge of the Year performance! After being a late inclusion, Nic Newman proceeded to do as he pleased taunting his opposition all day. 35 disposals at 82% efficiency, 11 marks and 4 tackles left North supporters with sore necks from shaking their heads in disbelief. A sneaking suspicion tells me he will hold his place in the team this week after making the best players!

PERRIE AWARD

An unbelievable performance sees Newman sweep the pools this week with one for the ages. His score included a late inclusion bonus of 50 Perrie points which he scoffed at making a 'Thanks but no thanks' statement. Even the Swans supporters have no idea who he is. For anybody who doesn't here is his badge......
Picture-4.png

SPECIAL MENTION

A special mention to 'The Pelican' Lewis Melican who truly spudded it. Had 1 handball to his name at 3 quarter time and ended up with 6 disposals for the game but he did go at 100% efficiency and so picked up the 'Sam Gibson 100% disposal efficiency' x1.5 multiplier.

SPUD FARMER OF THE WEEK AWARD

Well done to boneofshin and naturally north for hanging in there for the final teams and picking up the late change and nominating Nic Newman for the Kerridge and the Perrie Award for the week.

A well deserved VP :sweetpotato: and a Side of Fries :frenchfries: are yours and boneofshin draws level again at the top of the leaderboard.

PHIL DAVIS POSSESSION COUNT

+17 = 97 Kicks = 43

Track Phil Davis throughout the season to see if he can make his way past the 100 possession and/or kick mark.

A big game for Phil with 17 disposals and he's oh so close to cracking the ton. A sure thing next week to raise the bat in Round 9.

KERRIDGE WATCH

Dropped again and not even emergency this week for old mate Sam. As he does he goes back to the VFL and dominates racking up 28 disposals and 11 marks. The plot thickens.......

SPUD FARMER OF THE YEAR LEADERBOARD

upload_2017-5-15_4-59-57.png

v GoDeez this week Sunday arvo at the MCG. Get your nominations in!

Kangaroos4eva

Any chance you could do a little handiwork and update this classic Kerridge gif (of NiceCunnington ) ahead of Round 10 (here's hoping he plays) with the man in his Blues guernsey and some of our current backline heads doing the pissbolt??!!

365614_a609d466ae64837bfcfab0251b0b3d17.gif

ROUND 8 REPORT

View attachment 370573

Crashing back to earth. Thankfully Mother's Day was a welcome distraction from this game. Swans by 42 points :thumbsdown:

View attachment 370574

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

View attachment 370575

Ladies and Gentleman we have a contender for a Kerridge of the Year performance! After being a late inclusion, Nic Newman proceeded to do as he pleased taunting his opposition all day. 35 disposals at 82% efficiency, 11 marks and 4 tackles left North supporters with sore necks from shaking their heads in disbelief. A sneaking suspicion tells me he will hold his place in the team this week after making the best players!

PERRIE AWARD

An unbelievable performance sees Newman sweep the pools this week with one for the ages. His score included a late inclusion bonus of 50 Perrie points which he scoffed at making a 'Thanks but no thanks' statement. Even the Swans supporters have no idea who he is. For anybody who doesn't here is his badge......
Picture-4.png

SPECIAL MENTION

A special mention to 'The Pelican' Lewis Melican who truly spudded it. Had 1 handball to his name at 3 quarter time and ended up with 6 disposals for the game but he did go at 100% efficiency and so picked up the 'Sam Gibson 100% disposal efficiency' x1.5 multiplier.

SPUD FARMER OF THE WEEK AWARD

Well done to boneofshin and naturally north for hanging in there for the final teams and picking up the late change and nominating Nic Newman for the Kerridge and the Perrie Award for the week.

A well deserved VP :sweetpotato: and a Side of Fries :frenchfries: are yours and boneofshin draws level again at the top of the leaderboard.

PHIL DAVIS POSSESSION COUNT

+17 = 97 Kicks = 43

Track Phil Davis throughout the season to see if he can make his way past the 100 possession and/or kick mark.

A big game for Phil with 17 disposals and he's oh so close to cracking the ton. A sure thing next week to raise the bat in Round 9.

KERRIDGE WATCH

Dropped again and not even emergency this week for old mate Sam. As he does he goes back to the VFL and dominates racking up 28 disposals and 11 marks. The plot thickens.......

SPUD FARMER OF THE YEAR LEADERBOARD

View attachment 370600

v GoDeez this week Sunday arvo at the MCG. Get your nominations in!
Back where I belong

Towers had what would normally be a fine Kerridge-worthy game but just got blown off the park by Newman, who of course I traded out of my supercoach team this week before the late changes. Going to have to trade the bastard back in to make the cash now.
Hewett had a Kerridge-worthy game too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman ended up with 35 odd disposals. Has to be this week's Kerridge.

I sat there watching him all game and still don't know who he is.

This was the perfect storm.

My nomination v GoDeez this week is Dean Kent

I will pick my "Kent" later in the week, there is a risk associated but leaving it to the last minute has its rewards.

Early tip, Hogan to have a breakout 8 or 9 goal game which the "football world " has been waiting for since his drafting.

What is he going off injured at half time? :p

Just like to say I've hit my grove and my spud picking juices are flowing, I had shocking start to this campaign, but that campaigner Newman has me chock full of confidence heading into the rest of the season.

I am taking it one week at a time or if you like 30 plus disposals one week at a time. This week we have a veritable smorgasbord of "talent" to choose from, just feel like it may end up a bit like this.....

upload_2017-5-15_17-52-32.jpeg

Pedo to win the hitouts, taps to advantage, and kick 10 goals, 5 of which are on the run having grabbed the pill straight out of the centre bounce before bursting clear, shepherded by 3 North midfielders enroute.

Back