Opinion NMFC Board Cricket Thread III - Shield Final WA v Tas

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing win. That dropped dolly of a catch of Marsh hurt the Kiwis badly. After the loss of Head early today we would have been very long odds to pull the win off. Carey hasn't been reliable, but he came through for us today. Cummins once again proving that he needs to bat above Starc. He has won a few tests with the bat now.

The last three times Australia has successfully chased 250+ in the fourth innings to win a test:

Today: 7/279 (Pat Cummins 32*)
Edgbaston 2023: 8/282 (Pat Cummins 44*)
Wanderers 2011: 8/310 (Pat Cummins 13*)
Go woke, win f**king literally everything

Again, Southee is a dud. If they had Boult and not him they might have won this test.

What a fantastic summer of test cricket.

Yes it was and so unexpected, full credit to all teams, and I for one are happy those 500 plus scores are gone. Hopefully forever, any Test against anyone and the score read 4/350 plus and I'll turn off.

Batsmen have had it on their terms for far too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And with the final round of shield starting this morning, Boland has 3/32 so far.
and maddinson out for 2 in the second over

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

I disagree with this. The Kiwis have been all about spirit of cricket for much longer than Bazball. And I don't think this response carries any of the same salty tears of England's moral victories.
I feel like NZ have had the "nice guys of cricket" moniker for a while, but that it was never placed at odds with winning like "we're not defined by outcomes" seems to suggest. So not as bad as bazball, but still going towards cop-out territory.

I feel like NZ have had the "nice guys of cricket" moniker for a while, but that it was never placed at odds with winning like "we're not defined by outcomes" seems to suggest. So not as bad as bazball, but still going towards cop-out territory.
Correct, unlike CCS's post suggests I dont equate the Kiwi's response as salty tears of a losing team but the language used is very much a cop out and designed to deflect a poor showing.

Correct, unlike CCS's post suggests I dont equate the Kiwi's response as salty tears of a losing team but the language used is very much a cop out and designed to deflect a poor showing.
Especially because they absolutely should have won the second test

Remove this Banner Ad

Back