Autopsy Another day of same se

Remove this Banner Ad

Bounty Hunter Dog GIF by DefyTV
Republican National Convention Change GIF by GOP

Don’t know if anyone has posted this already, if not, check it out.

Troy Makepeace on yesterday’s 2nd quarter.

Well it's like this. It's better to teach your children to shun behaviour and performance that they find unacceptable in life. That is a far better solution than hurling abuse or violently lashing out. I get it that you are no doubt trying to teach your children humility and how to handle and accept loss. But after three years, I imagine that they've got a pretty good handle on being humiliated and eating gut loads of humble pie by now. They can be educated that there are extremely effective ways to make your disgust or disappointment known in life without resorting to disgusting behaviour, vandalism or violence.

No, this is widely incorrect. I love this club as do my kids, we ride the ups and the downs. They have never seen us have a good season yet will go to training and high 5 every player they see, because they love the club and those that do their best to contribute to it.

When my kids don’t win at sport, they wholeheartedly congratulate those who win and work on how they can get better next time.

I hate where we are at, I’m frustrated with the club as a whole but particularly the list management. Losing, and losing badly really sucks, and I’m desperate to have this turn, we all are!

But at the end of the day, we are contributors and helpers even when it isn’t going our way or the way we like. We believe in community, not condemnation.

If you want to protest, feel free, I will not be contributing to it.

At some point this will turn, we’ll all get some much needed nourishment and I look forward to celebrating better times with all our supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TT and JHF the primary culprits. It is understandable with JHF, less so with TT.

Highlights that they’re willing to put in the effort when the footy is going our way.

Interestingly, this is what was happening at the Dees until the players got together and committed that enough was enough.

It’s basically the line in the sand moment we need this offseason (or even bye week)

Very ordinary efforts , hope club does something similar to highlight the lack of effort and intensity

They would spend hours going through the same things every week and it’s not changing. Makepeace wrote that’s how the reviews were done when he played, that was a long time ago in footy years. The scrutiny would be higher now. It’s not getting through though.

It’s going to take some coaching to get out of this funk. Not game plan coaching, but getting the players to start caring. They probably think they care enough and try hard enough, but it’s obvious they don’t.

Don’t know what it’s going to take, but hopefully someone can get them to spark. I wish Australia had a Jocko Willink type person to bring into the club. It doesn’t have to be a football person. Someone with real credibility that will make them change the standards.

So I painfully put myself through that replay, with an eye on our stoppage structure.

One thing I noticed which I hadn't before - Jed has a good brain and when he led our midfield we were very good.

In the first quarter, before the first bounce, you can see Jy trying to set up the structure. Jed interrupts and changes it, for the better. We won every clearance that Jed was present at in the first.

He wasn't sighted in the midfield until 8 mins into the second. He went straight back to dictating the structure. First instance it didn't work since he himself slipped over and it gave his opponent a break. Second didn't work because Witts grabbed it straight out of the ruck. We won the next four with him present, but poor decisions saw it fly straight back against us.

Rowell went off during this time. He came back on. At every single stoppage Jed was involved in, he made a bee line for him to block for Miller or Anderson. Suns got back on top and the avalanche came. They did this at almost every stoppage after the first instance.

Takeaways:

(1) Jy and LDU aren't ready to lead this midfield.

(2) Credit to Rowell and Dew for recognising the biggest impediment to midfield dominance for them. Incredibly smart and selfless play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So my take away us that TT is useless in clearances/congested situations and we are always trailing at stoppages with poor work rate. Jed seems to be only mid that tries and the backline gets no help from the midfield out of stoppages

Interestingly, this is what was happening at the Dees until the players got together and committed that enough was enough.

It’s basically the line in the sand moment we need this offseason (or even bye week)

It basically comes down to leadership. It’s no surprise that a lot of it was driven by Gawn.

The positive of that is that he was the furthest thing from a leader starting out.

So my take away us that TT is useless in clearances/congested situations and we are always trailing at stoppages with poor work rate. Jed seems to be only mid that tries and the backline gets no help from the midfield out of stoppages

He’s not useless at stoppage. He’d be one of our cleanest clearance players.

He’s playing completely unaccountable defensively though and it’s hurting us.

It’s going to take some coaching to get out of this funk. Not game plan coaching, but getting the players to start caring. They probably think they care enough and try hard enough, but it’s obvious they don’t.

Noble often talks about needing selection pressure from the VFL, we haven’t had that (even when Shaw was coaching).

Nothing gets a player more interested in caring than having to earn their spot.

Suspect this is what the coaching group has tried to do with Stephenson and Powell.

The boys just give up. Its deeper than game plan or skills.

The effort just isn’t there for four quarters, let alone a half and there’s maybe 1-2 games for the entire season where the effort you could say was there by a good chunk of the team.

But too often than not, its a team of passengers who expect that good footy just happens magically and when its going our way we give effort. Well it doesn’t work that way, you have to win the contest to make anything happen. That’s why Jed was easily the BOG for North.

Get TT out of the midfield and into half back, he’s now a big liability on current form.

I got a text message from a mate (tigers fan) saying we should get a psych like Emma Murray in to help, anyone know much about her ?
I think my work had her in speaking to our directors (partners) o the firm. Key take away I think was making sure everyone was pulling in the same direction, clear communication and mentally being switched on and supportive

The boys just give up. Its deeper than game plan or skills.

The effort just isn’t there for four quarters, let alone a half and there’s maybe 1-2 games for the entire season where the effort you could say was there by a good chunk of the team.

But too often than not, its a team of passengers who expect that good footy just happens magically and when its going our way we give effort. Well it doesn’t work that way, you have to win the contest to make anything happen. That’s why Jed was easily the BOG for North.

Get TT out of the midfield and into half back, he’s now a big liability on current form.

He’d have to defend at half back as well. JHF & TT look terrible in those clips but they wouldn’t be alone. Save for a handful of players it’s a team wide problem. I bet behind the goals footage would be damning on our forwards and defenders.

He’s not useless at stoppage. He’d be one of our cleanest clearance players.

He’s playing completely unaccountable defensively though and it’s hurting us.
Isn't that quite close to being useless? If the ball doesn't come your way/to you that means you have literally no impact in the contest since there is no defeneive side whatsoever?

Isn't that quite close to being useless? If the ball doesn't come your way/to you that means you have literally no impact in the contest since there is no defeneive side whatsoever?

Useless would be that he gives us nothing with or without the ball.

He has all the tricks and skill to be elite….if he wants it.

Respectfully, your replacement coach suggestion right now?
Weather the storm man. It’s so early on a rebuild it’s not funny. I’m not saying I’ll put up with a Melbourne Demons style scenario, but this thing has only just started. How impatient are you? What do you know better than professional coaches? Please, do tell us your wisdom & how you’d fix this overnight.

Seriously mate - how do you fix this situation right now - better than Nobes & Rawling can do it.

They’re trying. They’re not deliberately f**king with us for fun. They want premiership number five.
If I can’t back them in, I’m definitely not thinking you’ve got the answers, but it sounds like you think you do…? So, please, do tell us mate. What exactly should the club do right now?

We are going to get flogged for a bit.
Every friggen team that’s won a flag has spent time at the bottom before they’ve got back to the top.
Stop being an impatient little bitch.
Unless you’ve got a better plan than the club does?
And I’m 100% sure you don’t.

Go back to being a supporter & actually support.

Respectfully also, I will take this opportunity to respond to you my beer loving friend.

Firstly though, how are you today? I am fine thank you.

So now let's get into the points you have raised, and i will not lower myself to personal insults as you have done so let's leave that there.

You ask whether I have a better gameplan than the club does? Well, I can't answer that precisely can I, as am not employed as the senior coach of the mighty NMFC.

However, yes I don't think it would be too difficult to develop a better gameplan. Mine would even involve trying to kick the Sherrin between the two large poles at the end of the ground more often as a starting point.

Now I will take issue with your claim that because I am highly critical of Noble and our gameplan, that this does not make me a supporter. That could be actually be taken as a very offensive comment, but I don't think you meant it that way so I will not take it in that way.

Please do not confuse (valid) criticism with that of supporting - they can most certainly occur at the same time.

As such I am very confident as a supporter that we will eventually get out of this mess, however I also believe we need further significant change at the club - including the removing of David Noble as head coach, for us to achieve the success we all hope for and have been very patient in waiting for.

You are fully entitled to disagree, that is your right and is of no concern to me.

Lloyd

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back