Oppo Camp Sam Kerridge Spud Shield 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that two less ex-North multipliers getting around now. (Mullett)

Aaron Black delisted from Geelong.

Three less if you count Gibbo's retirement from the Crows too!
Gibson, Bastinac, Mullet, Wells, Grima, Delaney, McIntosh, Black, Currie, Harris, Ross, Pederson, Thomas, Edwards, Delaney, Petrie - all those secondary career cameos and Id say maybe Drew actually contributed. Levi is the odd one out.
If you get cut from North it’s almost a visit from the grim reaper

I’d be careful if I was Preuss

But we've already earnt him a 2 year contract at *Donial Land!!

ESSENDON has rewarded forward Shaun McKernan with a new two-year deal.

McKernan, who started the year as a rookie but impressed in his 10 games, has been upgraded to the senior list and will be at the Bombers until at least the end of 2020.

McKernan, who started the year as a rookie but impressed in his 10 games, has been upgraded to the senior list and will be at the Bombers until at least the end of 2020.
Well that's one spud certainty locked in to torment us, ffs!

Roozee - is Sammy K on the scrapheap yet?

When's the final kerridge nom thingo going up?

Well that's one spud certainty locked in to torment us, ffs!

Roozee - is Sammy K on the scrapheap yet?

When's the final kerridge nom thingo going up?
Brad's just done the second fix carpentry on Sammy's house so there is progress payments still currently ongoing. The bank may foreclose still within the next month or so.

Aiming to have the final report up Grand Final week. Probably have it up on the Monday night so they can announce it at the Brownlow.

Aiming to have the final report up Grand Final week. Probably have it up on the Monday night so they can announce it at the Brownlow.

I've got my tux ready:

shopping

Although, if I can find this one in royal blue:

shopping

Could mount a case for the renaming of the award to the McKernan medal.

Extrapolating his game against us out across a season would mean.....

396 disposals, 154 marks, 88 goals and a lazy 150 hitouts obviously he wouldn't be spending much time in the ruck as you'd be loath to move the best CHF in the league away from his natural position.

Also would mean that McKernan would be earning around 1,000,000 per season. I just shake me head :D

I've got my tux ready:

Although, if I can find this one in royal blue:

shopping
I believe that second one is the Argentina blue strip.

You'll have poor form with that one.

Maybe we can have a competition to pick which delisted North player will go on to have a decent career at another club - the Gibbo Goblet.

My early money's on Billy Heartless Hartung. If you read some of the commentary on this board in the wake of his axing, you'd think he was one of the finest players ever to pull on the royal blue and white stripes.

Maybe we can have a competition to pick which delisted North player will go on to have a decent career at another club - the Gibbo Goblet.

My early money's on Billy Heartless Hartung. If you read some of the commentary on this board in the wake of his axing, you'd think he was one of the finest players ever to pull on the royal blue and white stripes.
Clubhouse leader ... Bastinac? Is that cause for celebration or concern?

ROUND 23/END OF SEASON REPORT

tenor.gif

Dead Rubber. Is there anything slower? Actually don’t answer that. I think we all know the answer. It took me 4 days to watch this game. I knew I was only going to be able to handle one quarter per day. This game would have been much more interesting if everyone was playing it on a Segway. That sounds like something Gilligan would do……during an uncompleted season…..mid-game. Cue a mental image of Cunners on a Segway next season versus * giving Stringer a don’t argue in that dropped ice-cream head of his. Before he cops a $2000 fine from Michael Christian for ‘protruding limbs’ and has his Segway impounded for 1 match. Hmmm….perhaps not. We might end up with too many Segways listed as ‘2 weeks’ on the injury list. Not to mention opposition spuds on Segways tearing it up against us like Valentino Rossi. Anyhow, it was good to finish on a win for W80 who fell agonisingly short of the 36 goals he required to win the Coleman. Roos by 22 :checkeredflag:

ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

upload_2018-9-21_1-10-33.png

KERRIDGE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

homer bass.gif

So Logan Austin takes out the final Kerridge Player of the Week for the season strutting up the required amount of ‘Neck Confidence’ to get the job done. A somewhat surprise winner from full-back entrusted with the job of denying BBB the Coleman, Austin floated around the backline and picked up 15 kicks and 8 marks. That’s 15 more kicks than what Uberspud Nathan Brown would have got had he been available to grace us with his presence. But somehow Austin, Power’s reject, managed to be unco-ordinated enough to thrash about frantically like a one-armed Ninja warrior on Mt. Midoriyama as he thwarted numerous BBB marking attempts. Brad looked perplexed in the box as this match-up was unfolding but it turns out he was just worried about how the second fix carpentry would take place on Luke Dunstan’s house when he realised he wasn’t out there to further his career. Brad was later heard humming ‘The Cat’s in the Cradle’ in the change-rooms post match. Welcome to North Luke. As for Logan Austin, Brad still thinks it’s two different players.

POTATO.gif

PERRIE AWARD

giphy.gif

It was a veritable hot tub of ‘Two Last Name’ multiplier spuds this week with Rowan Marshall kicking his feet up with a beer and cigar to take out the Perrie Award from fellow two last namer Logan Austin. Marshall was swanning around the ground like he was peak Simon Madden re-incarnated. Apparently Marshall’s teammates call him ‘the prospect’. If by ‘prospect’ they mean to search for deposits of some substance….. :poo: ……then his teammates have a keen eye……for :poo:. Others to receive the ‘Two last name multiplier were Bailey Rice, Lewis Pierce, Jack Lonie, Blake Acres and Daniel McKenzie who also picked up the ‘Man-bun’ multiplier. Hmmm….. Jobe Watson to follow in his father’s footsteps and be the next coach of the Aints?! Fits the ‘J’ and ‘Two last names’ criteria currently circulating this sad sack club. He’d certainly bring a distinct ‘culture’ with him. :syringe:

ezgif-1-7b75e5c904.gif

VICKERY-WATTS MEDAL

ezgif.com-resize (8).gif

So Ben Long (or is that ‘So Long Ben’) gave up the ghost and threw in the towel after giving it his worst to take out the final Vickery-Watts for the season with an uberspudworthy performance of a trifling 43 Perrie points to pip Lewis Pierce. Playing in the shadow of his uncle, Michael Long, Ben literally played like a rabbit shadow puppet just sitting there twitching as the ball passed by time and time again. It’s clear that Long ain’t going to cut it at the Saints until he changes his name to ‘Jen’ such is their hard-on for the letter ‘J’.

ezgif.com-resize (7).gif

KERRIDGE WATCH

1326398264_golf_fail.gif

Sammy earned a reprieve for the final thumping of the season against the Crows. 22 disposals, 6 marks and a goal of the week contender but he was also one of only two Blues to not lay a tackle – the other…..Aaron Mullett. And we all know his fate.Sammy also led the charge in the clanger count as well….. as usual.But it’s so far so good for Sammy in the scrapheap stakes surviving the first round of cuts. So it was on to ‘Mad Monday’ with a vengeance for Sammy where he went dressed as Brad Scott. Brad was none too pleased when he found out and had the shutters down and the door closed on his office. Oh wait, that’s normal. Just 10 games at senior level for Sammy this season after languishing in the VFL early and succumbing to a groin injury late in the season. Anyway, the man himself has also been helping out with the Blues AFLW team training so look for the female version of Sammy to tear us a new one next season when our AFLW side takes the field against them. Currently, Sammy is on his end of season trip taking to the fairways at Augusta National…….without much luck as his clanger count seemingly transfers to the golf course lakes.

KWKERIDGE.jpg

NYHUIS WATCH

NWskiiing.gif

Ryan finished the season in the WAFL for Peel Thunder in their final game of the season where they were thumped by the Eagles Twos, East Perth by 84 points. Not a glowing endorsement again for Ryan being part of a ‘Pulled Pork’ defence. 12 disposals, 6 marks and 2 tackles as Peel failed to make the WAFL finals as well so no further action for Ryan to redeem himself. No news is good news so far for Ryan on the delistment front as Freo are yet to announce any cuts with only 3 retirements so far. With the finer weather on the horizon Ryan has taken to donning the waterskis. They mustn’t be paying Ryano enough at the Dockers because he came a cropper on the skis and faceplanted into the water while trying to pick up a coin he spotted in the water. It’s been an indifferent season for Ryan registering the 8 games mostly achieved through being an emergency late change. An untimely 3 match suspension for a sling tackle late in the season halted any momentum It’s going to be a nervous wait for the 3 year rookie listed Nyhuis who probably has 3 other rookie listed players ahead of him.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 SAM KERRIDGE SPUD SHIELD PLAYER OF THE YEAR WINNER

images

Congratulations to Shaun McKernan for etching his name into Kerridge folklore for the second time in his spluttering career. The hallmark of any classic Kerridge performance is being ‘the difference’ and McKernan was certainly that kicking 4 goals in a 17 point win for *.

Let’s recap his classic Kerridge performance against North –

Shaun McKernan laid waste to all in his path to claim this weeks Kerridge with a performance that will now be hard to beat for the remainder of the season......surely??!!! It seems like McKernan has been on *'s list for 20 years and bobs up every 5 years for a handful of games before they realise he's a spud - yet they keep him on the list. Of course they do. They love spuds. I thought McKernan would never play again, when handed ruck duties for the game, he had his ass handed to him by peak Goldy who absolutely demoralised him in Rd 16 2015 where Todd had 27 disposals and 221 supercoach points in one of the most dominant ruck displays you'll see. Fast forward to Rd 15 2018 and my how the worm has turned. Amongst McKernan's 18 disposals, 7 marks and 4 goals straight were both a mark of the year and goal of the year contender. Staggering. I hope McKernan enjoys the next 2 weeks because he'll never do this again and he needs to complete the Kerridge circle of life and be laid to rest in the VFL. This is a remarkable skidmark in the history of North's jocks.”

Equal career high 4 goals including a goal of the year contender
Season high 18 disposals and 13 kicks
7 marks including a mark of the year contender
Career high 7 inside 50’s
6 clangers - a third of his disposals
2 tackles and 6 hit outs
Stitched up a new 2 year contract on more coin

ezgif.com-optimize (6).gif

Well done to darko, The Jesus, boneofshin and Private Hudson who nominated McKernan that round. PM me your details to send out your Kerridge stubbie holder prize.

Mods ( Flawed Genius , King Corey , Twinkletoes , etc. ) feel free to update the honour roll in the 'The Important North Board Thread Index' thread!

SPUDFARMER OF THE WEEK

The final Kerridge round for the season reaped the rewards for 4 farmers who earnt themselves a VP :sweetpotato: for nominating Logan Austin – Nate7 , RobZombie , ferball and DaveyBoy123 .

And the final Perrie for the season saw another 2 spudfarmers scoop up a side of fries :frenchfries:with Rowan Marshall – andana and yours truly Roozee.

The last Vickey-Watts for the season ended in a solo spudburger :hamburger: with Private Hudson and his Ben Long pick.

And so without further ado with those final results…………

budget.gif

SHORT ORDER COOK TROPHY

tumblr_n2pgjlu9MV1ql56ddo1_500.gif

ferball managed to pull off the unthinkable and earn himself a 10 point Kerridge to tie with Kanga Glory in every category (Kerridge, Perrie and Vickery-Watts). So a draw it is without a countback split to separate.

Congratulations to ferball and Kanga Glory .

PM me your details to send out your prize of a Kerridge hat.

SPUDFARMER OF THE YEAR

images
6109.jpg

Congratulations to DaveyBoy123 who managed to see off tazaa in a hard fought Kerridge season to claim the Spudfarmer of the year award for 2018.

PM me your details to send out your prize of a Kerridge t-shirt (size) and stubbie holder.
upload_2018-9-21_1-48-2.png

THANKYOU

Alan-Saying-Thank-You-Hangover.gif

Thanks to all the Kerridgers for participating throughout the season.

Hope you’ve all enjoyed it and without you all it wouldn’t be possible.

Enjoy the off-season and forget about footy for awhile if you can!

Cheers!

ezgif.com-optimize (5).gif

Signing off….

411581_99c0ab2556d3afe329707bd67c2fe96b.png

Last edited:
Great work Roozee, this thread has been a weekly highlight and is always good for a laugh. Come the annual Poster of the Year circle jerk thread, you've got my vote for runner up to giantroo.

Edit: Any chance of producing a 'participation award' Kerridge stubby holder? I'd happily kick in some funds to make it happen.

In typical North fashion I choke at the final hurdle. Lead all year except when it counted.
I kerridged the kerridge
At least you made it through the prelim in Perth with the dodgy umpiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back