Sandilands gone again

Remove this Banner Ad

the reports are the bone is dying and at his age and size/weight, he's going to have trouble running or jumping at all. It's a pretty serious injury and you'll likely hear more about in the coming days on the footy shows etc.
The bone is dying? What utter rubbish. You need to get back to making videos about drug-addicted murderers.

Previous seasons? Sandilands has probably been the biggest influence on whether Fremantle wins or loses.

An Essendon supporter defending Freo :thumbsu: I like it.

The bad news for you guys is that his absence is actually going to benefit Fremantle and that will mean your mob will be in for a pretty tough game over at Perth.

I think you need to check the stats again mate because you are only guessing on whether he's been a greater influence playing or not playing, am I correct?

I'll have to sit down and get the stats on Fremantle's win/loss ratio with and without the big bloke in the side but I think you will be very surprised how many games Fremantle actually win without him.

Dazzle us with your analyses.

nah man I think you and your mates have proven your a little too childish to even bother replying back to.

For what it's worth, turf toe isn't a minor injury in which you seem to believe but it involves the bones of the foot and a guy his size means he's literally fractured the bone and that's why it's pretty serious as Matthew Egan had a severe case of this and tried to get back again but never played again.

Sandilands did this injury last year and came back but broke down yet again. He's done similar last week.

Certainly don't wish the worst upon the bigman because no one wants to see players careers cut short through injury but I don't back away from my opinion that his absence won't be as bigger loss as believed.

A shame you and your fellow supporters couldn't reply in a mature manor rather than resorting to childish remarks.

Ugh, no, he didn't. He had a broken navicular bone. Sandilands's injury is different, it's essentially an overextended tendon in the big toe.

You couldn't look more foolish.

mate, seriously..go look it up for yourself. The tendons you speak about are only part of the problem.
The club isn't going to say it but he's fractured the main bone which is why they giving you guys a 10-week window, the reality is....he out for the entire year and likely won't get back to running again for a very long time.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but he won't play again this year unless they are desperate and don't care about his long-term health then he may appear in week 1 or 2 of the finals (if Fremantle are there of course) but he will struggle to even get through next year's preseason.

I'm no doctor, obviously, but I do know about this type of injury as my mates teammate had the same exact issue and was only 25 years of age and 6ft 9 and never played basketball again after they said it was originally turf-toe.

Turf toe is a injury to the tendon supporting the big toe.

Bone doesn't just die....alot of things need to go horribly wrong before that happens Matthew Egan went down becaus the navicular bone has one of the lowest blood supply of all bones in the body.

Would be extremely surprised if footscore is right, 10 weeks is about right for a tendon reattachment

Turf toe is a injury to the tendon supporting the big toe.

Bone doesn't just die....alot of things need to go horribly wrong before that happens Matthew Egan went down becaus the navicular bone has one of the lowest blood supply of all bones in the body.

Would be extremely surprised if footscore is right, 10 weeks is about right for a tendon reattachment

that's what I have heard with Sandliands. It's a fracture of the bone that has trouble healing but you sound like you know about this injury.

Was this the same foot he injured previously?

Either way, he turns 30 this year and obviously at the wrong end of his career to be thinking of rushing back so his best interest would be the long-term health and so it should be.

mate, seriously..go look it up for yourself. The tendons you speak about are only part of the problem.
The club isn't going to say it but he's fractured the main bone which is why they giving you guys a 10-week window, the reality is....he out for the entire year and likely won't get back to running again for a very long time.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but he won't play again this year unless they are desperate and don't care about his long-term health then he may appear in week 1 or 2 of the finals (if Fremantle are there of course) but he will struggle to even get through next year's preseason.

I'm no doctor but I do know about this type of injury as my mates teammate had the same exact issue and was only 25 years of age and 6ft 9 and never played basketball again after they said it was originally turf-toe.
What? Egan had a stress fracture. Like Hird had. Nothing like Sandilands has. What are you on about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo goes well with Griff, would they look at seeing what they can get for Sandi on the trade market at the end of the year?

Aging ruck with big contract and injury history, with questions over tapwork... Wouldn't be worth much in a trade. Say Jack Watts straight up?

Obvious troll is obvious
You weren't sitting in the Collingwood cheer squad today, were you?

If Freo goes well with Griff, would they look at seeing what they can get for Sandi on the trade market at the end of the year?

Griffin already has a couple of other clubs looking at him and you'd assume he'd be offered better money by these clubs as well.
I know Geelong supporters are keen on him but now Sandlilands is injured..he may have secured himself a spot in their best 22.

He's a better player than I thought and would be perfect at Geelong, Hawthorn or Collingwood

Well here is the chance for griffin and Clarke to prove themselves as a ruck duo. Silver lining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back