Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this article:

Sanderson's failure to communicate led to sacking: Crows boss

He also confirmed that Sanderson's contract, of which two years still remained when he was sacked on Wednesday, would be honoured.

But he said the amount the club would pay out was less than the reported figures of $1 million and above.

Peter Ryan reports: Adelaide will be forced to include Sanderson's contract in its 2015 and 2016 football department expenditure unless it can convince the AFL that exceptional circumstances exist.

That could hamper the Crows' plan to beef up their football department as the AFL introduces new competitive balance measures to curb the inflationary growth in spending and eliminate waste.

Under new competitive balance measures due to take effect in 2015, AFL clubs will be subject to a luxury tax if they spend above a soft cap imposed on the football department.

The AFL has been determined to rein in the inflationary spend occurring in football departments with at least $3 million being spent paying out sacked coaches since 2010.​

Surely we had this covered before we pulled the pin.
LOL, if we were Melbourne the AFL would have paid the bill.

Just saw this article:

Sanderson's failure to communicate led to sacking: Crows boss

He also confirmed that Sanderson's contract, of which two years still remained when he was sacked on Wednesday, would be honoured.

But he said the amount the club would pay out was less than the reported figures of $1 million and above.

Peter Ryan reports: Adelaide will be forced to include Sanderson's contract in its 2015 and 2016 football department expenditure unless it can convince the AFL that exceptional circumstances exist.

That could hamper the Crows' plan to beef up their football department as the AFL introduces new competitive balance measures to curb the inflationary growth in spending and eliminate waste.

Under new competitive balance measures due to take effect in 2015, AFL clubs will be subject to a luxury tax if they spend above a soft cap imposed on the football department.

The AFL has been determined to rein in the inflationary spend occurring in football departments with at least $3 million being spent paying out sacked coaches since 2010.​

They will pay the luxury tax for 2 seasons.

Better to move on fast.

They wouldn't see this as a biggie.

http://bit.ly/1tjBE3s

Wow if true.

Speaking on FIVEaa this morning, Penberthy, a Crows ambassador, was critical of the decision to dump the coach after three seasons at the helm, while citing the “apparent emergence of a high-level of player disenchantment at his coaching style” as a key factor in the sacking.

“Based on some conversations with very well-placed sources, a delegation of players including Patrick Dangerfield, Rory Sloane, Taylor Walker, Ricky Douglas and apparently also the Crouch brothers (Brad and Matt) were all prepared or considering walking from the club if Sanderson stayed.”

Scott Walsh‏@scottwalshMail23 mins
Crows development coach Peter Jonas leaves West Lakes at 12.10, 10 mins after staff AFC meeting due to start.

...Adelaide will be forced to include Sanderson's contract in its 2015 and 2016 football department expenditure unless it can convince the AFL that exceptional circumstances exist...

I think once you make a decision that someone needs to go you need to make the call regardless of other circumstances. The more that news comes out, the more it is apparent that he would have destroyed the club. What were the alternatives to sacking, keep him on to destroy it so we can enjoy football department cap space?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking on FIVEaa this morning, Penberthy, a Crows ambassador and well-known arseclown, was critical of the decision to dump the coach after three seasons at the helm, while citing the “apparent emergence of a high-level of player disenchantment at his coaching style” as a key factor in the sacking.

“Based on some conversations with very well-placed sources, a delegation of players including Patrick Dangerfield, Rory Sloane, Taylor Walker, Ricky Douglas and apparently also the Crouch brothers (Brad and Matt) were all prepared or considering walking from the club if Sanderson stayed.”

Fixed.

Both Crouchs already not afraid to tell it like it is.

Wonder if "Penbo", as a Crows ambassador, will get the call in for re-education, or simply told to **** off then? Oh the latter, please.

Ok I've taken one for the team here and forced myself to read Rucci's "expert analysis" so you don't have to

All I can say is..I'm sending him a dictionary so he can see that "analysis" and "brief summary of the known facts" are spelt differently because they have different meanings..

And now back to my therapy session
Thank you for your sacrifice, much appreciated.

Don't understand Penberthy then. They were facing (at least) 6 of the most talented guys in the club walking out and he thinks they should have kept Sando on?

I'm fairly sure it was Roo who said on his show this morning that Penberthy and his wife are very good friends with Sando and his wife so I guess that would explain why he went off like that.

I love how the media can run two concurrent and mutually exclusive narratives.

On one hand we were set to have a massive amount of players walk if Sando stayed...

...but then they want to say the club has made a mistake and shouldn't have sacked Sando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back