Save Half Cat

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not too fussed about the half cat thing
24 years is a good run

Maybe he could still volunteer in some capacity and do community visits etc but not game day stuff

Looking beyond 2020 maybe we are beyond punching the opposition mascot and wiping his ass with opposition scarves

Was funny to us but we now live in a different world

I’m not too fussed about the half cat thing
24 years is a good run

Maybe he could still volunteer in some capacity and do community visits etc but not game day stuff

Looking beyond 2020 maybe we are beyond punching the opposition mascot and wiping his ass with opposition scarves

Was funny to us but we now live in a different world

You might be right.

But then again, clubs once tried to update their theme songs, thinking they were old-fashioned, Turns out people preferred the old-fashioned.

You might be right.

But then again, clubs once tried to update their theme songs, thinking they were old-fashioned, Turns out people preferred the old-fashioned.

yeah but the theme song is like an anthem, think there is a big difference
Like trying to change colors

Is it more than a coincidence that this decision has come just a couple of weeks after Half Cat's creator, Ian McKenzie, passed away.
I do admit that when Ian was inside the suit he was a bit more cheekier than what Steve is, but Steve does do a pretty good job.
I reckon the club are making the mistake of trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Here's the original Half Cat suit when Ian McKenzie was inside. Found it on Facebook. Anybody got a better picture of it.

120261149_3228604040598334_6681728906057116963_n.jpg

My friend (and yours) Half Cat has apparently been delisted effective end of season.

I know the guy inside the suit and he is an awesome bloke.

What are your best memories of Halfy?

PS There is a petition going round to save him.
My favourite memories are probably pretty common antics. I remember being over in Freemantle and Half Cat was over there, He asked for a Freemantle Scarf from a Freo fan, who gave it to him reluctantly. He then proceeded to fake sneeze in to it and drop it on the ground, walking away. That was really great to see, especially being an away fan at the game surrounded by Freo members! I also just loved the constant kicks from the boundary before games, which would occasionally be slotted.

My favourite memories are probably pretty common antics. I remember being over in Freemantle and Half Cat was over there, He asked for a Freemantle Scarf from a Freo fan, who gave it to him reluctantly. He then proceeded to fake sneeze in to it and drop it on the ground, walking away. That was really great to see, especially being an away fan at the game surrounded by Freo members! I also just loved the constant kicks from the boundary before games, which would occasionally be slotted.

So ol' Half Cat could have slotted a few earlier tonight? Opportunity missed...

Is it more than a coincidence that this decision has come just a couple of weeks after Half Cat's creator, Ian McKenzie, passed away.
I do admit that when Ian was inside the suit he was a bit more cheekier than what Steve is, but Steve does do a pretty good job.
I reckon the club are making the mistake of trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back