Score Graphics

Remove this Banner Ad

Now all we need is for some patient individual to stick all the pictures up from beginning to end (1974-2011).

Then our collection is complete.

For some reason, I've always hated the 1999 one. Found it annoying.

Now all we need is for some patient individual to stick all the pictures up from beginning to end (1974-2011).

Then our collection is complete.

For some reason, I've always hated the 1999 one. Found it annoying.

A site like Mero's footyjumper one would be good. tho not many people would probably find it that interesting haha

some youtube trawling has yeilded more results...

2004 Ten

2004TenMinor.jpg
2004TenMajor.jpg

2004 Fox.... only the scorebug though

2004FoxMinor.jpg

2005-07 Fox

2005FoxMinor.jpg
2005FoxMajor.jpg

Great work bloodsbigot!!

I'd assume from what I've seen of various highlights that the 1980 style was basically the same right from when it began, which incidentally, does anybody actually know the first year that Seven used on-screen graphics to display the scores?

It seems so odd looking back on old footage from the 60's and how they just had a camera shot of the scoreboard.

I think it was 1977 as shown - they had this computer generated scoreboard by then.

I think it was 1977 as shown - they had this computer generated scoreboard by then.

Ive got vision of the 76 GF where, and i think this was true of both the 75 and 76 seasons, its essentially some sort of overlay image of the scoreboard shown on the screen. You can see them wiggling the image around on the live feed lol.

1999 was truly the nadir for scoreboard gfx IMO. ridiculous spinning animations used to annoy the s**t out of me. classic channel 7 - garish bells and whistles for absolutely no reason.

What about the post-match team graphics that used to come on immediately after a team won?

demon.jpg

This guy did a bit of "hey, hey, hey" spun around on the trident and buggered off. Not exactly a score graphic but close enough - would love to see the other team versions.

What about the post-match team graphics that used to come on immediately after a team won?

demon.jpg

This guy did a bit of "hey, hey, hey" spun around on the trident and buggered off. Not exactly a score graphic but close enough - would love to see the other team versions.

The swans were so sh1tty back then, I never got a chance to see it. :( Maybe once or twice I saw it in action.

Anyone recall Optus Vision's scoreboard from 97-98 in the top left corner? Always had the scores as:

Coll 11.11
Ess 5.6

Instead of:

Coll 77
Ess 36

Remember it well! They started off with an pretty big black box which looked pretty poor, but then went to a grey transparent type look. They also had the clock going up.

Actually really miss Sports AFL on Optus. Not so much the scoreboard thing, but they were real innovators of footy coverage, which often goes unacknowledged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while were on score graphics and such, i've been playing around with my own type of overlays (have some basic visual basic skills which have come in pretty handy!)

below is from the richmond adelaide trail game from last week, what do you guys think?

what would you like to see in a score graphic?

[youtube]guAzyC1Ea_Y[/youtube]

Some hilarious screengrabs in that bunch too. Including a beautiful GF score ,some blurry Swannettes and an under construction O'Reilly stand at the SCG.

Great posts.

I also agree on the 99 graphic being infuriating.

demon.jpg

1:20 in is the Magpies version.

[YOUTUBE]QLVqZhHE0dI[/YOUTUBE]

while were on score graphics and such, i've been playing around with my own type of overlays (have some basic visual basic skills which have come in pretty handy!)

below is from the richmond adelaide trail game from last week, what do you guys think?

what would you like to see in a score graphic?

[youtube]guAzyC1Ea_Y[/youtube]
Great job, really smooth and s**t. Only issue is the score after a behind being 50 | 8 | 2 , it would have been better if the whole thing made way for the goals and behinds in front of the total scored.

Top thread. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Does anyone know what happened to the 'running hot' and 'running cold' popups broadcasters used to show? Pretty sure Channel 9 were the first to employ it and 10 decided to follow suit as well. But havent seen much of these stat popups after 2007. Channel 7 used to have those lame 'Did you know?' facts as well. Are broadcasters getting lazy or is it because they cbf hiring statisticians?

Used to love the goalkicking predictor that channel 9 had which showed previous set shots made and missed. Remember the banter it would cause in the commentary box whenever JB, BT and Lyon were on. :D

[YOUTUBE]cy3atFsWYUw[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone know what happened to the 'running hot' and 'running cold' popups broadcasters used to show? Pretty sure Channel 9 were the first to employ it and 10 decided to follow suit as well. But havent seen much of these stat popups after 2007. Channel 7 used to have those lame 'Did you know?' facts as well. Are broadcasters getting lazy or is it because they CBF hiring statisticians?

None of the networks hire statisticians, they take a stat feed from Champion Data who are contracted to provide all AFL stats. Running Hot and Gone Cold are still around but perhaps of less merit given the over-use of the ball these days.

Does anyone know what happened to the 'running hot' and 'running cold' popups broadcasters used to show? Pretty sure Channel 9 were the first to employ it and 10 decided to follow suit as well. But havent seen much of these stat popups after 2007. Channel 7 used to have those lame 'Did you know?' facts as well. Are broadcasters getting lazy or is it because they cbf hiring statisticians?

Used to love the goalkicking predictor that channel 9 had which showed previous set shots made and missed. Remember the banter it would cause in the commentary box whenever JB, BT and Lyon were on. :D

[YOUTUBE]cy3atFsWYUw[/YOUTUBE]

Interesting that the clock goes straight from 0:35 to 0:14 as Thommo lines up for goal. Were the pies robbed of one last chance to draw?

Channel 10 have stuck with the same old same old. Getting a bit dull now.

Mind you if you think that's a long time before change in score graphics, Sky Sports in New Zealand have used the identical score graphics for over 10 years now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back