Oppo Camp Season 2014 General AFL Discussion - Sydney Posters Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norf lost matches by 1, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 9 points. It doesn't take too much improvement for them to win those matches instead, though hopefully they choke and fail pathetically again.

They lost some close matches but they were matches they should have won.

Against an almost insipid Cats they were 6 goals up at half time and managed to lose.

The Hawks in round 4 were very poor and if Norf had have been good enough they should have trounced the out of form Hawks that day.

If west Coast, who were poor last year, did not almost kick the game away they would have won by plenty in round 8.

At one stage in the last quarter against Adelaide in round 9 they were 6 goals up only to be run down. adelaide we not exactly taking any awards last season.

They lost to Brisbane at the Gabba again being run down and Brissie were not exactly world beaters.

They lost to Carlton in round 17. Carlton looked like missing the eight at this stage and their form was fairly poor.

Then they managed to lose to Adelaide again and never looked in it.

Wow they came close to some really top teams!

They beat Collingwood, Richmond & Port but lost to some lower sides like Suns, Brisbane, Adelaide & Eagles. The latter because they both had injury depleted sides were poor in 2013.

TWO weeks before his surprise trade to Hawthorn, Ben McEvoy was barracking against the Hawks in last year's Grand Final.

If anything I wouldn't have minded, for the good of the game, Freo winning," McEvoy said on Thursday ahead of Hawthorn training at Waverley.

Do you blame him :D

TWO weeks before his surprise trade to Hawthorn, Ben McEvoy was barracking against the Hawks in last year's Grand Final.

If anything I wouldn't have minded, for the good of the game, Freo winning," McEvoy said on Thursday ahead of Hawthorn training at Waverley.

Ahhhh... He's infultrated the club with a view to sabotaging their chance and allowing Freo an easier run to finals. Unfortunately he's done all of this for nothing... Freo will still have to beat us come September.

He probably thought he'd like to go to Freo. Was he singing the song "When my baby, when my baby goes to Freo, I feel like Sandilands of the Badlands"

what do you guys think of damien hardwick? does anyone rate him here?

imo, he's a garbage coach who follows trends without having a plan of his own. seems like a bit of a fanboy rather than a coach as well.

he'll be out of a job by the end of 2016, however any decent club would've given him the punt by 2015.

imo, he's a garbage coach who follows trends without having a plan of his own. seems like a bit of a fanboy rather than a coach as well.

he'll be out of a job by the end of 2016, however any decent club would've given him the punt by 2015.

He will be sleeping a lot more comfortably once the draw was released.. absolute lock to make the 8 and really should be aiming for another top 5 finish.

Looking at statistics Richmond have improved every year under him so i don't think he is under any pressure at all.

He will be sleeping a lot more comfortably once the draw was released.. absolute lock to make the 8 and really should be aiming for another top 5 finish.

Looking at statistics Richmond have improved every year under him so i don't think he is under any pressure at all.

eh, might be an unpopular opinion, and i might be wrong, i just don't rate the guy. happy to be proven wrong, seems like a decent bloke.

eh, might be an unpopular opinion, and i might be wrong, i just don't rate the guy. happy to be proven wrong, seems like a decent bloke.

Got a good draw. He has improved Wretchmond. He was a very hard player and some of his boys are very hard at it, King, Vickery, Martin etc. But he has a lot of out runners too, might be why they got rid of White. Interesting to see what happens this year as some of the other sides like the Bullies and Suns are on the up.

imo, he's a garbage coach who follows trends without having a plan of his own. seems like a bit of a fanboy rather than a coach as well

I actually know him and he is a terrific fella and I believe he will have success at Richmond. Garbage coach is a tad harsh , seeing you know nothing about him. Scott Watters was a garbage coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, garbage was a tad harsh, i guess average is probably more appropriate. he wouldn't fill me with confidence if he was coaching the swans. i guess time Will tell. good luck to him, like i said, he seems like a good guy, just don't think he's a great coach.

I think his problem is that he demands players to have his mindset when he played, I don't see him as a flexible communicator. Also at times afraid to go outside the box. Ive also heard some even on here say the same about Horse (not making moves at crucial times). That was Paul Roos's best asset he was/is great at communicating with all the players who are all different. Im not saying Hardwick is a bad coach their are many worse.

done my pre season, raring to go

But did you train the house down? ;)

In other news, the NAB Challenge (there isn't a cup anymore? Cheapskates!) starts tomorrow night. White and Armstrong (remember them?) have both been named in the Pies squad to play the Cats.

But did you train the house down? ;)

In other news, the NAB Challenge (there isn't a cup anymore? Cheapskates!) starts tomorrow night. White and Armstrong (remember them?) have both been named in the Pies squad to play the Cats.

Good Luck to them both.

White i can understand but why would the Pies go after Armstrong? Rendell factor?
Rendell's recruitment of Jesse I saw a mile off, he has 2 White parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back