Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone picking up this ugly thing?
49235-gold-coast-suns-mens-team-ugly-sweater-presale-2000.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-of-trade-period/story-fnp04d6z-1227538983081

Another top 3 draft pick has decided to leave GWS. And I thought we had it bad. Are they at the point where they are being affected by these departures yet? At what point does it become an exodus?
there have been a few notable names that have left over the years (obviously 2015 hasn't happened yet but these guys sound likely to leave).
four top 3 draft picks all left/leaving. keep in mind gws still have list concessions until 2019, and with a larger playing list, more guys are getting less opportunity.

-----------------

GWS

hampton - zone selection
plowman - #3 pick
mccarthy - #14 pick
treloar - underage recruit

o'rourke - #2 pick
jaksch - #12 pick
boyd - #1 pick
frost - #1 rookie pick
whiley - zone selection

tyson - #3 pick
aylett - zone selection
edwards - zone selection
adams - #13 pick
bruce - zone selection

hombsch - under-age recruit
neade - zone selection

-----------------

in comparison, we've only had:

SUNS

bennell - #2 pick
dixon - underage recruit

caddy - #7 pick
hickey - zone selection

we've obviously done better (so far) in keeping our young talent, but gws still has a stacked list full of talented youngsters.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-of-trade-period/story-fnp04d6z-1227538983081

Another top 3 draft pick has decided to leave GWS. And I thought we had it bad. Are they at the point where they are being affected by these departures yet? At what point does it become an exodus?
They have done this on purpose I can't find the article but sos mainly recruited vic boys so that when they did end up leaving it would create a bidding war and future draft picks

They have done this on purpose I can't find the article but sos mainly recruited vic boys so that when they did end up leaving it would create a bidding war and future draft picks

I did read that.
Everyone just needs to agree to not pay market price otherwise GWS will have another 20 first round picks coming

12032022_1055349977822135_2208326943347156921_n.jpg

end of season clearance sale at the end of this week. i think i remember in an email to the club a year or so ago they said that the design of the guernsey was available to be changed at the end of 2015 (some contractural thing from the afl for a new club i'd imagine). obviously most clubs would do a clearance sale at the end of the season when the supplier has to come up with new designs for polos/training gear/etc., but i'm sneakily hoping they decide to go with a change.

i designed these last year at some point. i like them haha.

clash2.png

home2.png

there have been a few notable names that have left over the years (obviously 2015 hasn't happened yet but these guys sound likely to leave).
four top 3 draft picks all left/leaving. keep in mind gws still have list concessions until 2019, and with a larger playing list, more guys are getting less opportunity.

-----------------

GWS

hampton - zone selection
plowman - #3 pick
mccarthy - #14 pick
treloar - underage recruit

o'rourke - #2 pick
jaksch - #12 pick
boyd - #1 pick
frost - #1 rookie pick
whiley - zone selection

tyson - #3 pick
aylett - zone selection
edwards - zone selection
adams - #13 pick
bruce - zone selection

hombsch - under-age recruit
neade - zone selection

-----------------

in comparison, we've only had:

SUNS

bennell - #2 pick
dixon - underage recruit

caddy - #7 pick
hickey - zone selection

we've obviously done better (so far) in keeping our young talent, but gws still has a stacked list full of talented youngsters.

Considering Harley is being traded against his will rather than jumping ship, our retention efforts look even more impressive. Also funny that of the 3 players left, 2 are Queenslanders, so the go home exodus of interstate recruits has been limited to one pea heart Josh Caddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back