Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

we can argue all day but i know rolling means absolutely 0 by the time the seniors run out after 2 games.. I'm sure my point will be proven come 2.05 Saturday unless the league use their power and move the game

Would be a huge call to change venues considering Warburton would have organised staff, food, alcohol etc etc.. The league's also arranged the venues to be in close proximity with a wide array of teams (football/netball) represented. This makes travel easy between grounds.. Eg warby/junction and Monbulk/Olinda (div 2)

we can argue all day but i know rolling means absolutely 0 by the time the seniors run out after 2 games.. I'm sure my point will be proven come 2.05 Saturday unless the league use their power and move the game

It may get a bit heavy if this rain doesnt stop but at the moment its as good as you'll see.

It may get a bit heavy if this rain doesnt stop but at the moment its as good as you'll see.
Love your optimism humper, I think if the rain keeps up any ground will chop up, but unfortunately if it's gonna rain anywhere, it will piss down at warby...
Better put cricket season off for a few weeks, the ground will be custard by 5.00pm Saturday...

Love your optimism humper, I think if the rain keeps up any ground will chop up, but unfortunately if it's gonna rain anywhere, it will piss down at warby...
Better put cricket season off for a few weeks, the ground will be custard by 5.00pm Saturday...

Bit of mud never hurt anyone.

4.30pm Thursday and Coldstream has had 35mm of rain since this morning.

Light shower, given the slope at warby it'll just run off nicely ;)

On a serious note having played a few finals at warby i never had any complaints.

As of Wednesday afternoon Warby's ground was in great condition. Dried out nicely, mowed & would of had 2 weeks since a game was played and no training on it this week. Would of been perfect.....then had close to 2 inches of rain on Thursday. Will be cactus by the senior game on Saturday. Looks like Monbulks rain dance worked.

Monbulks rain dance. Love it.
Still Healesville for mine
and Olinda to outmuscle a weak Woori in the wet
Your a Healesville boy pete you have to back them, before the rain I'd have backed your boys easily, but after the rain and the imminent state of the ground I'm swaying to the money boys, is it true Sam turner has left to go overseas? I know he was named, but there were 24 names, my birdy tells me he's flown the coup...

And Olinda to end woori's season without Benny monkhorst too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how did the ground end up mate?
Junction in pretty good nick all things considered, blokes still able to run and carry certainly was not a mud pit!!! Well done to Olinda just wanted it more, but didn't see this Mitch o'donnell kid play??? Lucky they qualified him

3 out of 3 now this year for Healesville over Monbulk and going by the live scores it was anyones game, whilst down the road at Yarra Junction it definitely looks as though it's the end of an era for Woori.

And what is going to prove a major headache for the league will be finding suitable grounds for next weekend. I'd imagine that the league would prefer Woori and Healesville for the preliminary and grand finals, so that could put those grounds out of contention for next week to ensure that they are right. Going by the 7 day forecast on the news Tuesday and Wednesday look OK, but rain is forecast for every other day. I hope the league doesn't do something out of left field such as looking at grounds outside the YVMDFNL at venues such as Kilsyth (with no netball courts), and looks after its member clubs, even though the grounds could be below par.

Last edited:
Very good considering 50mm of rain fell on Thursday and didn't stop all day Saturday.
Didnt go to the game but looking at valley vision looks like we have very very different ideas of "Very good considering"

what a disgrace.

edit- Just watching the final quarter cant actually tell whats happening and who is on what team

A42d8ae.jpg

8gCorX5.jpg

Last edited:
Didnt go to the game but looking at valley vision looks like we have very very different ideas of "Very good considering"

what a disgrace.

edit- Just watching the final quarter cant actually tell whats happening and who is on what team

A42d8ae.jpg

8gCorX5.jpg

The YJ oval was ruined as well and I doubt any ground would have coped after the rain we had.

what a disgrace.

A42d8ae.jpg

8gCorX5.jpg
That's embarrassing for the competition...

Surely there were better options?
i.e. Healesville & YJ or up the mountain for D2 grounds (Alex?)

Hope they get it right this week and at the pointy end.

That's embarrassing for the competition...

Surely there were better options?
i.e. Healesville & YJ or up the mountain for D2 grounds (Alex?)

Hope they get it right this week and at the pointy end.

I doubt a bit of mud after 3 days of rain is a reason for the league to be embarrassed.

Last edited:
Didnt realise its a summer sport

They'd rather whine about ground selection than talk about what was a classic old fashioned test of strength in the mud that ended with the ball in Monbulk's forward line and Healesville a point in front.

They'd rather complain about the slope at Monbulk than talk about Nolan's contested mark in the goalsquare and kick after the siren to win the game for Seville yesterday.

MONBULK v Olinda-Ferny Creek
WANDIN v Healesville
Kinglake v SEVILLE

Monny and hville to be fairly sore going into this week
Vision from junction looked heavy but not as contested as up at warby

Hville playing there 5th final in a row not sure if they can maintain the rage
Monbulk praying for another week of rain if the game is to be at hville against a pretty much full strength olinda...keegan and grogan return through the reserves last week also
Will monny get any more back from Injury??

Wandin by 8-12 goals will be fresh and full of energy
Olinda by 24 points to much pace

Emerald set for division 1 return would have them at shorter odds then wandin for the flag

Seville to get over kinglake by 5 points but
Don't have the talent of 13/14 to win the big one

Upwey over wandin just in reserves
Mt Evelyn easily

Emerald over wandin
Olinda over Yarra g

Remove this Banner Ad

Back