Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your thoughts on this?
Fisted8 hard to say as wasn’t at the game.

Definitely seen a few times this season, comments from supporters that cross the line and could cause problems.

Players though need to show great composure and not get into with supporters, if any player crosses the boundary and goes into the crowd than that’s when things can obviously get out of hand very quickly and we definitely don’t want that.

I would hope that both clubs involved (spectator and player) have been spoken to and it doesn’t occur again between these 2 clubs who might play each other again in finals action.

That’s my 2 cents worth (if it’s worth 2 cents lol)

Definitely seen a few times this season, comments from supporters that cross the line and could cause problems.

Players though need to show great composure and not get into with supporters, if any player crosses the boundary and goes into the crowd than that’s when things can obviously get out of hand very quickly and we definitely don’t want that.

I would hope that both clubs involved (spectator and player) have been spoken to and it doesn’t occur again between these 2 clubs who might play each other again in finals action.

For more lenient than me. You strike a member of the crowd your not playing footy for an extended time. Time to stamp this out of football.

For more lenient than me. You strike a member of the crowd your not playing footy for an extended time. Time to stamp this out of football.
Fisted8 if a player is found guilty of striking a spectator, than I agree the full book should be thrown at them.

Spectators also need to be held accountable as well, so do you fine the club that the spectator is involved with?

Fisted8 if a player is found guilty of striking a spectator, than I agree the full book should be thrown at them.

Spectators also need to be held accountable as well, so do you fine the club that the spectator is involved with?

Fair enough to a point. Clubs should identify those and punish them also. Players though have to abide by the game day rules and the punishment should be severe.

Fair enough to a point. Clubs should identify those and punish them also. Players though have to abide by the game day rules and the punishment should be severe.
Fisted8 definitely not disagreeing with you. Players need to be held accountable.

Were you at the game? If so what quarter and time was the altercation?

Hallam footy club on their way in next year……. Really targeting the powerhouse footy clubs.

Also speaking of the tribunal, seems to be one rule for some and different for others……
Robbie Allen cops two retrospectively after video viewing by the league yet a NW player has no case to answer after a particular dirty/thuggish/grubby action at Wandin last Sat, the vision of which has been circulated far and wide. Can’t figure this joint out for the life of me.

Hallam footy club on their way in next year……. Really targeting the powerhouse footy clubs.

Also speaking of the tribunal, seems to be one rule for some and different for others……
Robbie Allen cops two retrospectively after video viewing by the league yet a NW player has no case to answer after a particular dirty/thuggish/grubby action at Wandin last Sat, the vision of which has been circulated far and wide. Can’t figure this joint out for the life of me.

The ridiculous rule that means clubs need to make a complaint by a certain deadline after a game has to be removed. The onus must come back on the league and the umpires. Most players are reluctant to want to pursue action after an incident meaning so many acts get overlooked. If the league are made aware of actions or witness them either live or video the player must be made accountable.

The Robbie Allen incident highlights the stupidity of the rule. Robbie ends up with a black eye after a short tussle and he moves on. Wandin make a complaint and he cops two weeks. Absolute farce.

Player strikes spectator......

Noodles Magee why would Hallam want to leave Southern, they are in division 4, 3rd on the senior ladder and undefeated in the 2’s?

The ridiculous rule that means clubs need to make a complaint by a certain deadline after a game has to be removed. The onus must come back on the league and the umpires. Most players are reluctant to want to pursue action after an incident meaning so many acts get overlooked. If the league are made aware of actions or witness them either live or video the player must be made accountable.

The Robbie Allen incident highlights the stupidity of the rule. Robbie ends up with a black eye after a short tussle and he moves on. Wandin make a complaint and he cops two weeks. Absolute farce.

Player strikes spectator......
Wandin did not make any official complaint. Hence the pointing out of the ridiculous contradiction.

You’d have to ask them, especially to transfer into the dumpster fire that is AFLOE. The travelling roadshow has been fired up again though at city hall.
Noodles Magee what division would they go into?

It’s only 128 kms to Broadford or 131 kms and a 2 hour drive to Alexandra if they go into division 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div 1. With an agreement they’d never be relegated to Div 2 and have to travel to the above mentioned outposts
Noodles Magee league will have egg on its face if Kinglake move to NFNL, only leaves 5 teams in division 2.
They would then merge with division 1 and they would need to travel to Broadford and Alexandra.
Unless both of those clubs are looking to move as well, had heard Alex thinking about it and Broadford, who knows.

Noodles Magee league will have egg on its face if Kinglake move to NFNL, only leaves 5 teams in division 2.
They would then merge with division 1 and they would need to travel to Broadford and Alexandra.
Unless both of those clubs are looking to move as well, had heard Alex thinking about it and Broadford, who knows.
If anyone can point to a move this league has made in the last 5 years that hasn’t had the threat of making them look stupid I’d like to hear it.

If a player punches someone in the crowd from over the fence i would be disappointed in my club if that player remains. After seeing a player in another league recently get chased by supporters and set upon in the carpark after the game, things can turn ugly quick. Punching a spectator can incite a serious reaction. It is poor culture from said club if that player does not receive serious consequences. From a league point of view, unless an umpire saw it and reported it there is nothing they can do unless the opposing club puts in a complaint?

Thinking a big ground and a warmish day could bring powelltown undone in the finals, because of the age profile of there list.
Last Saturday was Powelltown’s final game at home for the season. Alexandra gave them a huge scare on the weekend, producing a solid comeback and getting within two kicks. It will be intriguing to see how the Demons go playing away from home in the lead up to finals. They will be tested on the weekend against Warby, who will be looking to bounce back after a 10-goal loss to Junction. The following week could well be a Qualifying Final preview when they travel to Kinglake - a ground that they’ve significantly struggled on in the past.

Last edited:
Last Saturday was Powelltown’s final game at home for the season. Alexandra gave them a huge scare on the weekend, producing a solid comeback and getting within two kicks. It will be intriguing to see how the Demons go playing away from home in the lead up to finals. They will be tested on the weekend against Warby, who will be looking to bounce back after a 10-goal loss to Junction. The following week could well be a Qualifying Final preview when they travel to Kinglake - a ground that they’ve significantly struggled on in the past.

While your at Warby today can you see what the situation is with their injuries. Looking at the team they’ve got half a team missing. Theyed be hoping not long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back