SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Caddy played a game up bush a few weeks ago at 8 points. Got the max for being ex AFL within the last however many years plus a point for each club within the last 3 years

Interesting seeing Healesville playing at it's max points with Levi Greenwood being a 8 pointer!
Don't think I've ever seen that, always thought 5-6 was the most a player could be.
What is really unique is they had 16 players who were 1 pointers. Then x4 players on 5 points and Greenwood who are taking up the bulk of their allocation.
How are they going to fit in their other rumoured recruit after clearances close?

You don’t get an additional point for every club, you just get one extra point if you’ve been at three or more clubs over 3 years. So guys like Prime Train hit three clubs and don’t then get more points for each game.

So it’s your basic rating (up to 6 for an AFL player)

Plus

1. one point for 3 or more clubs over 3 years
  2. one point if you’re moving from a premier comp to a non premier comp
  3. one point if you’re playing against the immediate last club you played for (ie the club you’re transferring from)

8 is the max really as it’s almost impossible to satisfy both 1 and 3. Theoretically you could have 9 points if you played in a premier comp, your club got relegated to a non premier comp (a second division) and you signed for another club to play against them.

Umpiring at Healesville today left the crowd bemused. For a person who is in charge of the umps some of his decisions were nothing short of comical.
Yep same thing a few weeks back. Absolute joke. He didn't even know the rules half the time. Kept pointing the wrong way then correcting himself. Total flog needs to retire

So, which 2 clubs are being investigated by AFL Vic as part of the statewide crackdown on player payments???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, i dont know the club & probably should check last years results before i comment... Carry on.

Audits are completed on an ongoing cycle and clubs are nominated although AFL Victoria is able to randomly select and audit clubs as part of their program. This audit has really ramped up in the last few years after many clubs were just doing whatever they wished to beat the system and hopefully be successful. It is a pity the audit were not high priority when the system started as this may have been a good way to stop clubs from openly disregarding the rules.

I wonder if AFL Victoria are auditing VAFA clubs as they work the system creatively in many ways....

Alex only have a handful at best of local players all the rest are from a huge travel distance away. They would have to be paying big money for that. My bets on Powelltown and Alex
Can assure you if Alexandra FNC are being audited there is nothing to see. Well run and financial and very fiscally responsible with recruiting and remuneration. Yes they have a lot of 'imports' but they are fellows that want to be at the club for the long term, they are not 'fly by nighters'.

A good example of how to run a football/ netball club at community level and one that Outer East needs to keep as they are a well respected group and their hospitality is first class.

Out of curiosity is there money in A Grade netball? I'm assuming the coach would be compensated.
I'm only guessing, but wouldn't anyone being paid to play, whether netball or football, go into salary cap? Disclaimer - I have not read the League salary cap rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back