Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 10 East Side Hawks V Dragons FC @ Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 26 Round 10 East Side Hawks V Dragons FC @ Waverley Park

Hawks ladder position – 9
Dragons ladder position 7

563047_d0892990322e7220950afd00cf4e4317.png
Waverley Park created by Mobbs
Wonderful graphic created by TheInjuryFactory

Last week
Gold City Royals 16.6 (102) defeated East Side Hawks 8.6 (54)
Fighting Furies 16.7 (103) defeated Dragons FFC 8.8 (56)

Last time they met – S25 First Qualifying Final
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.37.16 AM.png

The Hawks - Have had a disappointing season so far with only 3 wins but if they beat the Dragons this week and the Royals lose they could leapfrog to 6th position with their percentage, so it’s hardly season over for them yet. The Hawks are a club you never turn your back on or take for granted and a fiery game on and off field is expected this week between these bitter rivals. With a fresh young Captain in Agent93 and perhaps some changes they will be focused on getting the job done in the second half of the season and making finals. The addition of the feisty Back One Out should make for a lot of fun at Waverley.

Captain Agent93 - Yeah, nah, we're having a rough run of it over the past few weeks, haven't quite got the rub. The laundry crew have been working overtime following our recent run of games in rainy / muddy / sewer-like conditions.
Questions have arisen like "how much longer can Noobz0r be played?" and unfortunately for armchair commentators he's kicked 5 straight last week to earn another reprieve. Fortunately veteran Biggie is having an all-SFA worthy season in CHF which means the losses of the honourable type rather than the microwave your membership level.

Looking ahead this week, we're coming up against the Shagons, so I might have to get The Half Back up the ground a bit and give wuffles the old Hopoate thumb, or send out rookie Drunkgoliath to sit on cammo, literally.

*Last 5 games – LLWLL
*Players to watch – Noobz0r por_please_ya The Half Back

The Dragons - With a 3 loss streak and a precarious percentage this is a very important game for the Dragons in their push to stay in the top 8. They lost to the Furies last week by 47 and the Hawks lost to the Royals by 48 so form wise not much seperates these 2 teams and it should be a hard fought game and an enjoyable match thread for everyone. The Dragons have copped a fair bit of heat this season not least from the Hawks so they will want to show they are a strong team with a good culture on the qooty field.

Captain Hatchy1992 - It's no secret that the Dragons are in a form slump right now, however after consecutive losses to start the season we managed to win the next few to get our season back on track, however off the back of consecutive thumpings again we need to find a way to turn our season around. A huge clash against the Hawks is our big chance to make amends for this and could be season defining for both clubs. We won't shy away from it and history shows that we usually show up in big games such as this.

As for changes, we think we need to shake things up a bit so you can expect a few changes. The past fortnight has seen us off to slow starts, so we need to find a way to rectify this and to put together 4 consistent quarters of qooty. Rest assured we will be leaving now stone unturned in a bid to turn our season around.

*Last 5 games – WWLLL
*Players to watch – Blaze Storm Wayne's-World CinnaMay

Woosh's Crystal Ball - Draw

Captains please submit your team sheets by 11.59pm Thursday

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_o2bxhrhV7J1tuu83t_400.gif

boncer34
Biggie
Papa Juggs
go you pups
larrikin
Milera2Betts
Golumless
Eagling
Noobz0r
Karnezis_13
Loonerty
jackenny
Mr Eagle
Drunkgoliath
The Half Back
The Filth Wizard
Matera92
Marklar_33
NinjaSwan
por_please_ya
Red mist
spookism
vanders
The Jesus
GutsyBug
Agent93

Wait... I've got a milestone game this week and it's against the Dragons.

Agent93 , The Filth Wizard , Loonerty - whoever is Captain this week, I think I would like to be benched and wait until next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well isn't this going to be a fun week, what with all the accusations of banal banter, character assassination, defections, melting co-captains, and the unbridled rage of a cantankerous WFL that a Hawks vs Dragons game usually brings!

Well isn't this going to be a fun week, what with all the accusations of banal banter, character assassination, defections, melting co-captains, and the unbridled rage of a cantankerous WFL that a Hawks vs Dragons game usually brings!
What can I say they bring the worst out on a Sunday.

I'm not cantankerous. I'm curmudgeonly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back