Official Match Thread Season 26, Round 14: Roys FFC vs Gold City Royals at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

576607_37b775aeb14b8eff36a449170212c2f1.png

It's Video Game Round! With PAX Aus this weekend, what better way for the SFA to join in than with a themed week?

C'mon, Cloud_ said I could do this...

It's the mild vs the...also mild...

The Roys are cruising well. While the reigning premiers are not as high flying as they were, they still sit within the eight, and are comfortably on track for another finals appearance.

The same cannot be said, however, for the cellar dwelling Royals. Stuck with only three wins, Gold City can no longer make the finals, and at this point are only playing for pride.

Slow news day for both sides...

VG Week Mascot Origins

Roys: The Roys mascot is one of the most recognisable characters in video game history, Donkey Kong. When he's not chucking barrels at Mario, DK likes fighting an obese crocodile with the help of his nephew, niece, and Methuselah like father.

Royals: The Royals mascot is the King of all Cosmos, from the Katamari Damacy series of...well, I'm not even sure those games even have a genre...
The King sits around all day, instructing his children to roll up giant balls of rubbish.

PhenomBet Odds

Roys: $1.60
Royals: $2.40

Players to Watch

Roys

18830.jpg

Mooch

One of the Fred Medal favourites, Mooch has been on a goal kicking spree this season. Will he knock us all over with a dozen this weekend?

449.jpg

Mobbs

The grandfather of the SFA, Mobbs has been consistently active over his time in the league. Will he sim himself to victory on Sunday?

Royals

165142.jpg

Thatsapaddlin

Talkin' out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Staring at my sandals? That's a paddlin'. One of the leagues more understated yet notable posters? Oh you'd better believe Thatsapaddlin.

123667.jpg

grumbleguts

One of the more vocal of the Royals rookies, grumbleguts has established himself as Gold City's next big antagonist. Is he going to grumble his way to EKA glory?

Phenom's tip: Royals in an inexplicable upset.

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

576607_37b775aeb14b8eff36a449170212c2f1.png

It's Video Game Round! With PAX Aus this weekend, what better way for the SFA to join in than with a themed week?

C'mon, Cloud_ said I could do this...

It's the mild vs the...also mild...

The Roys are cruising well. While the reigning premiers are not as high flying as they were, they still sit within the eight, and are comfortably on track for another finals appearance.

The same cannot be said, however, for the cellar dwelling Royals. Stuck with only three wins, Gold City can no longer make the finals, and at this point are only playing for pride.

Slow news day for both sides...

VG Week Mascot Origins

Roys: The Roys mascot is one of the most recognisable characters in video game history, Donkey Kong. When he's not chucking barrels at Mario, DK likes fighting an obese crocodile with the help of his nephew, niece, and Methuselah like father.

Royals: The Royals mascot is the King of all Cosmos, from the Katamari Damacy series of...well, I'm not even sure those games even have a genre...
The King sits around all day, instructing his children to roll up giant balls of rubbish.

PhenomBet Odds

Roys: $1.60
Royals: $2.40

Players to Watch

Roys

18830.jpg

Mooch

One of the Fred Medal favourites, Mooch has been on a goal kicking spree this season. Will he knock us all over with a dozen this weekend?

449.jpg

Mobbs

The grandfather of the SFA, Mobbs has been consistently active over his time in the league. Will he sim himself to victory on Sunday?

Royals

165142.jpg

Thatsapaddlin

Talkin' out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Staring at my sandals? That's a paddlin'. One of the leagues more understated yet notable posters? Oh you'd better believe Thatsapaddlin.

123667.jpg

grumbleguts

One of the more vocal of the Royals rookies, grumbleguts has established himself as Gold City's next big antagonist. Is he going to grumble his way to EKA glory?

Phenom's tip: Royals in an inexplicable upset.

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

Antagonist? I'll have you know An Tagonistic is my Serbian Aunt's name.

Royals

165142.jpg

Thatsapaddlin

Heading on your way to winning the Mobbs Medal by smacking the godfather of the league around? You campaigners know the rest

I loved that game....
Me too! Much more than this damn game with all its false promises and fadeouts and droppings of bundles and me never getting many touches and broken hearts!
Falling to a death by impaling sometimes feels much preferable. I'll take a paddlin' though, if they aren't too pricey!

Me too! Much more than this damn game with all its false promises and fadeouts and droppings of bundles and me never getting many touches and broken hearts!
Falling to a death by impaling sometimes feels much preferable. I'll take a paddlin' though, if they aren't too pricey!

My Brother beat the final boss, then turned to run to the exit, forgetting in his excitement that there was a trap ledge just over the next screen.......

You can Guess the rest

I kind of hoped to get Prince Of Persia because of they way we're hanging on for dear life to a finals spot by our fingertips.
8evb2NU.gif

Video games back in the day were so violent and grotesque compared to these new age millennial ones,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another arse pounding coming up no doubt.
We've got this. In the words of Peter Schwab, we have the best list on paper in the league. Can't NOT win the premiership.

Disclaimer: Peter Schwab may or may not have been wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back