Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 14 Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Renown Park

Remove this Banner Ad

THE SEAMORATS DID THOUGH YOU <INSERT EXPLETIVES>
Hallo spaceboy! I know you're under pressure mate but... oh! You pretty things will be fine. You aren't absolute beginners after all. Only a few seasons ago you were Heroes! You're club had Fame & you sir were Lazarus amongst them... Changes have happened, sure, the Golden Years may have passed... But Hunky Dory FBD! Snap back to Reality! No need to be so Low, Tonight... You've never let me down... Chin up Spaceman.

We might as well continue this thread until Thursday, when the new match threads appear :).
The recent fire in Paris has re-inspired my interest of Greek, classical, and renaissance art and sculpture. It’s tragic that the Louvre burned but I’m sure they’ll do a better job with the rebuild.

The recent fire in Paris has re-inspired my interest of Greek, classical, and renaissance art and sculpture. It’s tragic that the Louvre burned but I’m sure they’ll do a better job with the rebuild.
Speaking of Paris, I heard about a tourist asking one of the staff at the Eiffel Tower, "Do people often jump off the Eiffel Tower?" His response was short and succinct, "No - only once."

lol. My interest is slightly more educated...
If you ever have the opportunity to travel in Europe, the history, so different to this country, stands out. The architecture is magnificent, but the art and sculpture is what really separates. We have nothing like it here.

Italy is incredible. Naples, impossible. My favourite thing of all was the Vénus callipygian at the National Archaeological Museum. Magnificent.

If you ever have the opportunity to travel in Europe, the history, so different to this country, stands out. The architecture is magnificent, but the art and sculpture is what really separates. We have nothing like it here.

Italy is incredible. Naples, impossible. My favourite thing of all was the Vénus callipygian at the National Archaeological Museum. Magnificent.
Do they use staples in Naples?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they use staples in Naples?
As a student of archaeology Pompeii was amazing. Still life caught in a flash is very rare when it comes to history. But the objects in the Archaeological Museum are better still in my mind. Busts of Emporers, incredible frescoes, irreplaceable art and sculpture, and the incredibly life-like Vénus Callipygian.

As a student of archaeology Pompeii was amazing. Still life caught in a flash is very rare when it comes to history. But the objects in the Archaeological Museum are better still in my mind. Busts of Emporers, incredible frescoes, irreplaceable art and sculpture, and the incredibly life-like Vénus Callipygian.
Apart from being an old Frankie Avalon song, what's so good about the Vénus?

Apart from being an old Frankie Avalon song, what's so good about the Vénus?
The provenance, history, of the Vénus Callipygian is actually unknown. It is thought to be a marble, Roman, copy of a bronze, Greek, original. This may or may not be true, and the Vénus Callipygian was certainly re-made in the Renaissance era. She was supposedly headless, and re-made to look backwards and downwards at herself at that point. Whether this is true or not is uncertain. If so, it certainly adds to the effect. What makes the Vénus Callipygian an outstanding and entirely unique piece is both her incredible realism, and, if the provenance is Greek, that she is a representation of a mortal female, not a goddess or god. Aside from being beautiful in its own right, just google “Venus Callipygian” if you wish to see, is the representation from that period of a mortal female rather than male body. It’s an irreplaceable piece.

And an incredible city. If you ever get the chance, go to Naples.

Oh what a night
Late December back in 63
What a very special time for me
As I remember, what a night
Remake of the song, "Living next door to Alice":

Oh I don't know when they're folding
But I hope there's no delay
I haven't heard it mentioned
But I hope it's any day
Cos for 24 months
I've been posting next door to Gumbies
24 months just waiting for the boss