Official Match Thread Season 30, Round 15: Roys FFC vs Las Vegas Bears @ The BJO (Heritage Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

roylvb3015.png

January 25, 2001

George W Bush had just been inaugurated for his first term as US President 5 days earlier, it was the first tax year in which the GST had been operational in Australia, Essendon were the reigning premiers. It also happened to be the date that Mobbs asked "Do you want to play a game?" to a bunch of randos on the internet. Naturally, the answer was 'yes' and thus what we would now come to know as the SFA is born.

A couple months later, the first official round of the first SFA season would be posted, and as we can see, the precedent for administrative incompetence that permeates throughout league history would be set right from the outset.

Well ... would you believe this.

I forgot to check the 'want commentary file' option when playing the game.

We've got a full match played, and full stats available, but no play x play commentary
frown.gif

All I can give you for the moment are the quarter by quarter scores :

Q1 Pump 3.1.19 Dragons 10.3.63
Q2 Pump 8.6.54 Dragons 13.7.85
Q3 Pump 12.15.87 Dragons 16.10.106
Q4 Pump 13.20.98 Dragons 20.16.136

Apologies again, I'm working to have it a saveable prompt so I need to change it away if I don't want commentary, rather than have to choose it each time.

Anyways, I'll post the stats in a few minutes and yers can pick up a better idea of the match from there.

Best goalscorers :
Pump : DeesRule 4 goals
Dragons : TomFC 4 goals

------------------
Hallowed be thy Roy

So how can such mediocre and shoddy coding lead to the blossoming of such a thriving, vibrant community that would grow over almost 2 decades?

The reason is You, the SFA player. Without You, Qooty would simply be motionless gears is a defunct machine, it is your energy, imagination, creativity and commitment over the seasons that has built a new world where dreams can be lived out and possibilities are endless. You're the reason why the league and clubs have identities, why awards exist, why we have media, podcasts, club room recreational activities and 2.7 million posts worth of content. Every individual player when they sign up, contributes their own thread; long or short, to the finely woven tapestry that is the Sweet FA story.

====================================================​

Alright, hope y'all feeling warm and fuzzy after those wanky platitudes, let's get into the real stuff. Firstly, in celebration of the 30th season of the SFA all captains have been asked to nominate an all time team of 20 and special heritage kit. These all time teams will proceed to play off during the week in exhibition games as curtain raisers to Round 15 games on Sunday, keep an eye out for the 'Heritage Round Qooty Carnival' thread. The nominated kits have been recreated thanks to the efforts of Barrybran.

Roys FFCLas Vegas Bears
1604315976616.png 1604288795745.png

====================================================

Now onto the actual match, thanks to Ljp86 a bit of background on this matchup at the BJO. Some stats and facts on the head to head between the Roys FFC and Las Vegas Bears:​

Roys FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at The BJO

Head to Head

Played
: 22 Roys FFC: 9 Las Vegas Bears: 13

At The BJO

Played
: 14 Roys FFC: 7 Las Vegas Bears: 7

Last Five Matches

Code:
Season/Round   Home Team                                    Away Team                          Ground

S25 R13        Las Vegas Bears       13.4 (82)    lost to   Roys FFC              15.8   (98)  Stadium in the Sky
S26 R07        Las Vegas Bears       22.15 (147)  defeated  Roys FFC              18.7  (115)  Stadium in the Sky
S27 R06        Roys FFC              15.14 (104)  lost to   Las Vegas Bears       21.10 (136)  Brunswick Junction Oval
S28 R11        Roys FFC              12.8 (80)    lost to   Las Vegas Bears       17.9  (111)  Brunswick Junction Oval
S29 R09        Roys FFC              20.14 (134)  defeated  Las Vegas Bears       17.9  (111)  Brunswick Junction Oval

In the Know

• Season 30 is the 16th season that Roys FFC and Las Vegas Bears have competed in the SFA together yet is only their 23rd meeting. In the last 11 seasons (including Season 30) the Round 15 match between these two clubs will be just the 13th occasion the clubs have met.
  • The average margin in matches between the Roys and Bears is 29.27 points. No match between the Roys and Bears have been decided by a single figure margin with the closest match being the Round Eight fixture in Season 07 which the Roys won by 12 points.
  • Las Vegas Bears have kicked the same score of 17.9 (111) in their two most recent fixtures against the Roys for a win/loss record of 1-1. Roys FFC also achieved this feat in Seasons 24 and 25, kicking 12.15 (87) against the Bears on both occasions for a 2-0 record.

This promises to be a fairly evenly matched contest as a Roys team hoping to hang onto fourth spot face off against a Bears side that's looking to lock in their place in finals. The Roys have had an up and down season with occasional gutsy wins followed by drubbings where they play awfully. This has meant that they have the worst percentage of any team in the top 8.

The Las Vegas Bears on the otherhand, have had a season of two halves in which they flew out of the gates with 4 wins to open the season before going into a long mid-season slump. They've since then managed to arrest the fall with two wins from the last three weeks.

Let's take a closer look at how their seasons have shaped up:​
Roys FFCLas Vegas Bears
1604289231001.png 1604289165837.png

The Roys quite clear have an issue at the start of games with an average margin of -7.57 in the opening quarter. They have lost the first quarter in the last 4 games, and while they win a lot of quarters in total, the periods in which they lose the initiative can result in huge game-losing runs being made against them. The Roys tend to be stronger in the second half than the first so will need to look to stay competitive at half time.

The Bears have often gotten out to good starts to games in S30 only to immediately give up the advantage in the second quarter, a part of the game in which they've won only 3 times this season. While this had been an issue, the Bears when in form have finished games strong allowing them to make up for poor second quarters in the last. Their record when they've won the last quarter is 5-1 while they've struggled to finish off games in their midseason slump between Rounds 5-11.

Prediction: Roys couldn't play much worse than they did last week when the Furies flogged them, generally this season they have bounced back from heavy defeats well and I think they'll get over the Bears by 24 points this round to get closer to confirming a top 4 spot.​

Attachments

• 1604288763275.png
    1604288763275.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice OP Kennedy Parker - there is a heritage jumper coming thanks to Barrybran - but we've been a bit slow getting some design decisions to him....

Roys, after the disaster of last week, this is the place for us....

Nice OP Kennedy Parker - there is a heritage jumper coming thanks to Barrybran - but we've been a bit slow getting some design decisions to him....

Roys, after the disaster of last week, this is the place for us....

In the bin beside the furries dumpster?

Hello Roys, how are we all today? Lets hope its a good week of banter and plenty of beers. Great OP Kennedy Parker and thanks Barrybran for the great Bears Jumper. I look forward to seeing the Roys design.

No, I haven't been to Vegas either.

Hello Roys, how are we all today? Lets hope its a good week of banter and plenty of beers. Great OP Kennedy Parker and thanks Barrybran for the great Bears Jumper. I look forward to seeing the Roys design.

No, I haven't been to Vegas either.
Hows life Tony?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Bears!
When are all very sick of me (usually by Thursday or friday) please blame Millky95 as he was the one who brought me into the SFA
Supersuns! Mate, how have you been? Last of my children to play against! Why has the fixture forsaken us so?

Best of luck for you this week. but just you. Bears really need a win

Hello Bears!
When are all very sick of me (usually by Thursday or friday) please blame Millky95 as he was the one who brought me into the SFA

No, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him shitpost. That's all you cowboy.

Hows life Tony?
Not the best, my Mum is quite sick and I am looking after her at the moment, so I probably won't be on here as much as usual and unfortunately I won't be able to make the Roys a match thread gif either, which is sad as you are the only team I didn't get to make one for. Now that I have told you my life story, how are you going Rob?

Supersuns! Mate, how have you been? Last of my children to play against! Why has the fixture forsaken us so?

Best of luck for you this week. but just you. Bears really need a win
Im still here and going well, TedDougChris hasn't managed to get rid of me yet. No matter how hard I try to get him removed as captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back