Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 12 - Baghdad Bombers v Gold City Royals @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a good feeling about tomorrow, i've been training the house down.

images

IMG_7086.jpeg

On your visit to Baghdad, as you meander through the streets, the art on the battered walls tells a tale of political persuasions - old and emerging - and of cultural change

IMG_7224.jpeg

Tuk-tuks have a meaningful role throughout the city as they provide an essential service

IMG_7166.jpeg

Graffiti artists present a powerful message or peace in difficult times

IMG_5647.gif

Political figures can gain a profile by being represented in the art of the day

IMG_7683.jpeg

Ideas of protest are articulated through the media and slogans condense the message for simplicity

IMG_7686.jpeg

Frustration with authority is a common thread, particularly where corruption or cronyism is rife

IMG_7168.jpeg

The murals themselves are vulnerable to being funded to express a particular political viewpoint

IMG_7682.jpeg

The grimy concrete walls have limited lifespan as they are constantly usurped by the next big idea

IMG_7176.jpeg

… or the artistic style of the time

IMG_7210.jpeg

As public spaces they constantly evolve as the latest revolution unfolds

IMG_7684.jpeg

#afterhours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile outside the Royals dormitory it appeared that the youth of Baghdad are having a bit of fun.

IMG_3956.jpeg IMG_3958.jpeg

Adding a touch of humour to the Royals favourite pics.

IMG_3957.jpeg

But to make our guests feel safe, we put the drone up to see which security camera was still operating in the area, just to give the little scallywags a warning.

IMG_3959.jpeg IMG_3960.jpeg

and bugger me dead, we caught this red headed p*** defacing the pictures.

phonto.png

Meanwhile outside the Royals dormitory it appeared that the youth of Baghdad are having a bit of fun.

View attachment 1837257View attachment 1837260

Adding a touch of humour to the Royals favourite pics.

View attachment 1837263

But to make our guests feel safe, we put the drone up to see which security camera was still operating in the area, just to give the little scallywags a warning.

View attachment 1837267 View attachment 1837269

and bugger me dead, we caught this red headed p*** defacing the pictures.

View attachment 1837274
It’s a wig. We’d never let a ranga into the Royals enclave…

If you saw The Warriors you also saw the other classic gang movie The Wanderers with Terror and the 'ole man' with 16" biceps

The stone cold scariest Mofos were the dads in the bowling alley led by the late great Dolph Sweet

Still STILL get goosebumps watching this clip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back