Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 9 - Las Vegas Bears v West Coast Wonders @ The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
1695628233539.png

The Season So Far:

TeamLadder PositionWinsLossesPercentage
Bears2nd53109.31
Wonders5th43101.38

All time H2H:

The West Coast juuuust claim the honours winning 20 games and losing 18 against Las Vegas. The Wonders have also fared better in the finals encounters winning 3 of the 5.

Last time they met: Round 9, Season 35.

The Wonders used a 3 goals to 2 last quarter to inch ahead of the Bears.

1695628650121.png

Last week:

Las Vegas fell behind early against the Swamprats but flew home to finish 5 agonisingly points short. Millky95 lead the way (18 possies, 6 tackles, 2 goals) but had support from Senor M (16 possies, 5 tackles, 3 free kicks) and Art Vandelay_ (17 possies, 8 marks)
Meanwhile the Wonders ruined the 5 game winning streak of the Warrior in emphatic fashion, running out 23pt winners. Strong performers were everywhere, highlighted by AnUltimateRessie (39 possies, 11 marks, 4 tackles), ClarkeM (25 possies, 12 tackles and a goal) and SSwans2011 (38 possies, 5 marks, 5 tackles). A stunning move of Marklar_33 form the bench to Full Forward proved genius with Marklar kicking 6 goals.

All SFA watch:

The current premier center half back so far this season is none other than Las Vegas' Test Tickle with 404 dream team points.
damicky has been a premier ruck this season with 78 hitouts, 8 goals and 532 dream team points.

Final Word:

I'm going rogue and stating this is the actual match of the round. With both teams having some (albeit tenuous) connections to ancient Rome I expect a glorious post match function at Caeser's Palace. Neutral's wouldn't want to miss this one.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swamprats have the best defensive combination in the league and the Ophidian Old Boys are the reigning premiers.'

Pretty self-explanatory why it is the most anticipated matchup of the round.

Another astute MOTR choice by Falconista
The Wonders not getting MOTR against the Old Boys (grand final replay) or the Demons (which ended up being the longest match thread ever) was a crime I will never let Falconista get away with.

The Wonders not getting MOTR against the Old Boys (grand final replay) or the Demons (which ended up being the longest match thread ever) was a crime I will never let Falconista get away with.
That is because you play a boring brand of Qooty that nobody wants to watch.

That is because you play a boring brand of Qooty that nobody wants to watch.
sorry, these things happen when clubs choose more than one captains. The message becomes mixed and the qooty entertainment gets minimised.

Not when AnUltimateRessie gets 39 of the cleanest disposals in the history of the comp. I'll be replaying those memories for the rest of my qareer.
I was trying to figure out where the best game by a single qooty player (my 39 disposals) came in with regards to records but sweetfa.plus/records isn't loading, so I'll just assume that I broke every single record last week.

Congratulations me.

I was trying to figure out where the best game by a single qooty player (my 39 disposals) came in with regards to records but sweetfa.plus/records isn't loading, so I'll just assume that I broke every single record last week.

Congratulations me.

Hate will confirm that there have been much better games

Hate will confirm that there have been much better games
I think Hate isn't to be trusted and that last week's 39 disposal, best on ground, match winning, performance by myself is the best qooty match by a single player ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back