Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 9 - Mount Buller Demons v Gumbies FFC @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
1695616596864.png

The Season So Far:

TeamLadder PositionWinsLossesPercentage
Gumbies3rd5396.77
Demons9th3495.5

All time H2H:

These 2 qlubs have a long and storied history with Gumbies FFC having the overall honours with 33 wins, 29 losses and 1 draw. The Demons however have the edge in finals, winning 2 of the 3 finals they've played (all Semi's).

Last time they met:

Season 35 Round 9 with the Gumbies miraculously erasing a large deficit to run out 19pt victors.

1695617078721.png

Last week:

Don't look now, but there might be something special brewing at the Mt Buller summit. The underachieving Demons have won two games in row for the first time in over 2 seasons!
A heroic last minute goal by cooney caused the Snow Dome to erupt as the Demons snuck home by a solitary point against the Phoenix. It wasn't a pretty game for fantasy qootball players but Wosh (3 goals), Bluelegs (19 possies, 5 marks) and ROOKIE!! sausageroll (18 possies, 3 marks and 1 goal) led from the front.
They will have to improve their output if they are to compete with a high-flying Gumbies team that scored a lazy 142pts en route to a convincing 25pt victory against the Furies. Although there were winners all over the ground, GWS Goose (34 possies, 4 tackles, 3 goals), cats_09 (34 possies, 6 tackles and 1 goal) and Chat Pile (10 kicks, 8 goals) stood out.
The scoring uptick is an encouraging sign for the Gumbies as they already boast having the stingiest defense, conceding a mere 89pts a game.

All SFA watch:

My favourite rookie #Teamgralinandnotgralin was ranked the 4th best wing as of round 6 with an extra game to play.
In rye the Gumbies have a genuine goal sneak with the 3rd ranked forward pocket already up to 12 goals.

Mt Buller forecast:

Snow season is well and truly over and it seems like the thaw has caused the Demons to end their qooty hibernation as well.

1695619140418.png

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're an impossible act to follow!
The All-SFA watch and forecast were excellent additions. A beautifully-rounded preview indeed

That's what I thought but Wosh assures me it does end.

That's not what Wosh told me...

Someone's lying to someone

Emotion Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back