Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 20 - Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

sausageroll is the first Demons forward to kick 70 goals in a season since sante did it in Season 33 (73)

They're currently equal first for the Fred on 70, if they win they'll join a select group of Delons becoming only the 5th to have won

PlayerSeasonGoals
Tarkyn_242774
BT372
Proper Gander3271
Papa Juggs1444

It's been a very good season regardless including the unforgettable performance in Round 3 against the #lolWonders where old sausage kicked 12.1 equalling the record for most goals in a game.

It's been a consistent year

At least one goal kicked in every game

2 or more goals kicked 13 times

5 or more goals kicked 8 times

All round a fantastic season so far
Season 12 must've been a good year for full backs.

Heck of a season from the sausageroll.
hey Raveneyes, you'll need to dig deep into your bag of tricks this weekend to keep their FF quiet.
Don't worry, I'm not very talkative. I won't be too loud.

sausageroll - someone told me today that they thought you’d kick 7 goals this week and win the Fred.

I told them “no way in hell”.

You’re gonna kick 9.
...and lose the Fred? I'd rather kick 7 and win if that's ok with you

...as long as the Demons win and make the finals.

Still admiring this
Really? Did you not notice Tarkyn_24 at the top of the list?

I promise to not kick for goal this week and to only pass to sausageroll
I'll be very disappointed if you do. Your goal kicking run has been one of the highlights of the season for me. You even kicked three before moving to the back pocket last week.

You're building your peeps up for some right royal simhousery.
We know. But that'll happen either way.
At least we'll have my first EKA win to help us get over it :thumbsu:

Well, cartwright doesn't ruin the fun. She adds to it!

I hope you guys have been having a blast this week

Rebel Wilson Party GIF by How to be Single

And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and hello Warriors!

It's Friday! But not just any ordinary Friday, it's the Friday before the magnificent cooney plays game 500! A player who can always be relied on to celebrate Fridays in his own inimitable style!

It's also the Friday before the ultra consistent sausageroll wins the Fred!

Whatever you do today, do it with a wooooooo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Title: "The Scorcese Ransom"

---

Part 1: The Kidnapping

In the heart of the Hunter Valley, where vineyards stretch across rolling hills and secrets hide in the shadows, a chilling mystery unfolded. Two boys, Liam and Jack, vanished without a trace. Their disappearance sent shockwaves through the tight-knit community, and soon the media buzzed with speculation.

Detective Sarah Mitchell led the investigation. She was relentless, combing through clues, interrogating witnesses, and poring over surveillance footage. But the kidnapper remained elusive, leaving no ransom note, no demands—just an eerie silence.

As days turned into weeks, the case grew colder. The boys' families clung to hope, their faces plastered on every news channel. The townsfolk whispered about supernatural forces, ancient curses, and secret societies. But Sarah knew better. She believed in logic, not legends.

Then, one foggy morning, the breakthrough came. A grainy video surfaced—a hooded figure standing in a dimly lit room. The voice was distorted, but the message was clear: "Martin Scorcese must direct a film in Australia."

The world gasped. Why Scorcese? Why a film? And what did it have to do with Liam and Jack?

Part 2: Scorcese's Dilemma

Martin Scorcese, the legendary filmmaker, sat in his New York office, staring at the screen. The news had reached him—the boys, the demands. He scratched his grizzled beard, pondering the enigma. Scorcese was no stranger to dark themes, but this was different.

He flew to Sydney, where the Australian sun kissed his tired face. The kidnapper's instructions were clear: a film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, and Emily Blunt. Scorcese's mind raced. How could he use cinema to reach the kidnapper's innermost thoughts?

He assembled his team—a mix of Hollywood veterans and rising Aussie talents. The script took shape—a psychological thriller set against the rugged backdrop of the Outback. Scorcese would delve into the human psyche, exploring obsession, redemption, and the blurred line between captor and captive.

Part 3: "Whispers in the Dust"

The film, titled "Whispers in the Dust," began production. Scorcese immersed himself in the Hunter Valley, seeking inspiration. He walked the same trails as Liam and Jack, feeling their presence in the rustling leaves. Emily Blunt portrayed the determined detective, haunted by her own demons. De Niro played the kidnapper—an enigma wrapped in shadows.

DiCaprio, however, was the heart of the film. His character, Alex, had lost a son years ago—a wound that never healed. As the cameras rolled, DiCaprio channeled that pain, hoping to connect with the kidnapper's fractured soul.

Scorcese shot pivotal scenes—the barren cliffs, the abandoned farmhouse, the moonlit river. Nick Cave's haunting melodies echoed through the valley, weaving magic into the film's fabric. The townspeople watched, torn between curiosity and fear.

It's Friday! But not just any ordinary Friday, it's the Friday before the magnificent cooney plays game 500! A player who can always be relied on to celebrate Fridays in his own inimitable style!

Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

What if I told you that every day is a Friday?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back