rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Could be Leaders Lakeside again tomorrow rail out to 4m, will monitor early races. Track predicted Good 4.

R1 - Sleepless Nights - $8.5/2.87 - 0.5w / 1.5pl - Scratched, watch for later.

They bet bigger but I missed it 'cos I'm a moron, but this was a nice debut over 1200m getting way back from a bad draw. Up sharply to a mile here, was a little green in the straight but should take benefit from that day out and drawn much better can take up a position, which will help if the early pattern is on-speed.

R5 - Diamond Valores - $3.2 - 1w

Lovely return win from this bloke first up for Weir, had been tackling some serious 3YO races up in Sydney last prep, but back to midweek BM races seems very suitable.

Not the worst race, Extra Noble has a weight swing and Firehouse Rock with blinkers on could show up, so not going too heavy but I think it's a backable quote for a horse on the up.

Last edited:
Sandown R6 - Del Grappa $17/$5 0.5U EW

Will be hoping its not a leaders track. A talented type who still does a few things wrong and will more than likely get back again. There was a bit of money last start in a much better race than this at Flemington on a Saturday for him (against the likes of Most Wanted & Jacksay).

Cant believe he went up $21, ridiculous, still at $17/$5 on SB though, amazing EW price if track is playing even half fair and worth a play right now.

Too early to tell but a few making late ground in that first, might be a bit fairer today.

Saboog, smh, hope those keen held off, out to $8 on course by jump time.

I was on pretty rider Shinn. At least he looked pretty running second. Good job Blake.

Hawkes post race: ' He's a winner and he tries hard' .. good one Michael. :drunk:

I was on pretty rider Shinn. At least he looked pretty running second. Good job Blake.

Hawkes post race: ' He's a winner and he tries hard' .. good one Michael. :drunk:
I missed the race Did it race well, how many lengths did it win by?

Hahahhahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R1 - Sleepless Nights - $8.5/2.87 - 0.5w / 1.5pl - Scratched, watch for later.

They bet bigger but I missed it 'cos I'm a moron, but this was a nice debut over 1200m getting way back from a bad draw. Up sharply to a mile here, was a little green in the straight but should take benefit from that day out and drawn much better can take up a position, which will help if the early pattern is on-speed.

R5 - Diamond Valores - $3.2 - 1w - Unlucky, held up badly, can atone next start.

Lovely return win from this bloke first up for Weir, had been tackling some serious 3YO races up in Sydney last prep, but back to midweek BM races seems very suitable.

Not the worst race, Extra Noble has a weight swing and Firehouse Rock with blinkers on could show up, so not going too heavy but I think it's a backable quote for a horse on the up.
Sept. total: -1u

Thread living up to its name already.

Chautauqua seems to be unders at the 2.2 mark in the McEwen. Definitely wait if you wanna back him, but 1000m around the Valley, gate 12, I just can't see him getting there in time unless there's a strong swooper bias. Flamberge EW looks a solid play.

Luxbet offering your stake as a bonus bet (up to $100) if you back the winner of the Dato

Good extra value for Contributer backers especially

Ladbrokes also have a good offer tomorrow. For race 4 at Pakenham, Mackay, Goulburn and Northam get your cash back if your runner finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th (up to $100)

James orman has some good rides up at Mackay today should win the jockey challange.
The two that should win are
Race 1 #3 King Max
Race 5 #2 Anoro

Chautauqua seems to be unders at the 2.2 mark in the McEwen. Definitely wait if you wanna back him, but 1000m around the Valley, gate 12, I just can't see him getting there in time unless there's a strong swooper bias. Flamberge EW looks a solid play.

Agree but exactly why we should end up getting a playable price, if they are running on (rail true) I think he will be winning to be honest.

If they cannot make any ground forget about it.

Looks ordinary on paper for him, 1000M, barrier 12, but I don't think it is as bad as it reads on paper.

If he had drawn inside he would have none but don't mind him drawing out as he can get clear room and roll into it off the bend, unlike Caulfield first up last time where he was buried away inside horses having to change course and virtually start his run at the 250M, if he had been out and rolling with 400M to go he wins that by 2 lengths running away from Flamberge in my opinion.

They will genuinely go mental here in front, Furnaces, Headwater, Kuro, I'm All the Talk and Sistonic will all ensure it is run at a hectic speed & his career peak runs with me have all been when he has had tempo on, whilst the others are folding in front he is the one who has continued on running the strong sectionals, it was muddling tempos that ruined his chances in the Newmarket and All Aged in the Autumn.

That is always a risk with get back horses but he won't have to worry about that here.

Maybe he gets run off his feet in the fast 1000M, maybe he is not ready but for mine he is clearly the best sprinter in the country and only a lightly raced 5yo, he could be even better this time in, his jump outs have been sensational as usual.

$2.20 is too short at this stage but I think he will get close to $3+ on Saturday which is going to be hard to ignore for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back