Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Legally how do these things play out? Concerned that Mason's gf won't press charges with plenty of money on the line for the family. Can the coppers go after him even if his girlfriend decides not to?

Yes.

Once you report an assault to the police you become known as the 'complainant’. You effectively lose any decision-making power in the process and simply become a witness in the proceedings that follow. Evidence from the complainant will be considered but it's the police who decide whether to press charges and the Crown Prosecution Service who decide whether to take the matter to court. It's particularly applicable to domestic violence situations as there's often a risk that the complainant might come under pressure from the abuser. Or there could be pressure from the family of the victim - for cultural reasons.

A random on twitter and someone on reddit. Not a lot of substance to United being aware.

Hopefully nothing concrete comes out showing they were complicit.
Or nothing comes out about them being aware of it but it still doesn’t mean they weren’t. It is very suspicious though if someone on Reddit did accurately bring this up some time back, the first half of their claim has already been verified…

It almost sounds like he is defending Mason...

I guess we don't know the whole story and they do.

In no way should he have ever laid a finger on her but there are people out there who wind people up to the point where they snap.

Not saying that's what's happened here but it does happen.

For the Dad to come out and make a statement like that either she's asked him to or there's more to it than meets the eye perhaps.

I guess we don't know the whole story and they do.

In no way should he have ever laid a finger on her but there are people out there who wind people up to the point where they snap.

Not saying that's what's happened here but it does happen.

For the Dad to come out and make a statement like that either she's asked him to or there's more to it than meets the eye perhaps.

And that excuses it?

Terrible post.

Or nothing comes out about them being aware of it but it still doesn’t mean they weren’t. It is very suspicious though if someone on Reddit did accurately bring this up some time back, the first half of their claim has already been verified…

Proving a negative is a bit ridiculous. I don't see United covering for him if they were in possession of the pretty comprehensive evidence against Greenwood that has been leaked.

And that excuses it?

Terrible post.

Who said it excuses it?

I literally said that's no reason to hit someone but welcome to the real world. s**t like that does happen.

Who knows the whole story. Simply the father's reaction is a strange one which could indicate they aren't looking at it through the same eyes as we are.

Who said it excuses it?

I literally said that's no reason to hit someone but welcome to the real world. sh*t like that does happen.

Who knows the whole story. Simply the father's reaction is a strange one which could indicate they aren't looking at it through the same eyes as we are.

Yeah but then there was that qualifying word "but" right after that. Should have just been a full stop after "In no way should he have ever laid a finger on her."

Yes, because they want money. It's disgusting. There's no justification Greenwood could come out with that makes people shrug and say "Oh well that makes sense then, case closed".

Yeah but then there was that qualifying word "but" right after that. Should have just been a full stop after "In no way should he have ever laid a finger on her."

Yes, because they want money. It's disgusting. There's no justification Greenwood could come out with that makes people shrug and say "Oh well that makes sense then, case closed".

One only has to listen to the tapes of the Depp v Heard case to appreciate that this kind of stuff does happen in relationships. People do snap. It's part of human nature.

So are you saying the father's reaction can only be about money?

Could never be anything to do with him knowing both parties far more intimately than you or I and his family wanting to have their say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One only has to listen to the tapes of the Depp v Heard case to appreciate that this kind of stuff does happen in relationships. People do snap. It's part of human nature.

Could never be anything to do with him knowing both parties far more intimately than you or I and his family wanting to have their say?

Yeah pretty much. He's attempting to defend someone who has hit his daughter, it's shameful.

Wow you really do take the extreme view point just to be different don’t you? I say different as I’m hopeful that you don’t actually believe what you’re saying.

Actually you’re disgusting. You can claim you’re not defending it but you are. ‘People do snap’.. wtf

Know someone that while very drunk tried to do something similar with a girl. Fortunately before it got too far out of hand a mate who was in the vicinity was able to intervene by punching him away from her.

No defending that, and no defending what is in that audio clip.

I think the audio recordings make it pretty clear that’s not what happened so your entire point is moot.

Wow you really do take the extreme view point just to be different don’t you? I say different as I’m hopeful that you don’t actually believe what you’re saying.

Actually you’re disgusting. You can claim you’re not defending it but you are. ‘People do snap’.. wtf

Thank * we have a system where s**t is investigated properly then and not left up to a bunch of peanuts on the internet to be judge jury and executioner.

Justice will be served when it goes to court.

If you had (not sure if you do or not) a daughter, and someone assaulted/raped her, would you be having the same stance?

Thank fu** we have a system where sh*t is investigated properly then and not left up to a bunch of peanuts on the internet to be judge jury and executioner.

Justice will be served when it goes to court.

What an even more pathetic response.

If you had (not sure if you do or not) a daughter, and someone assaulted/raped her, would you be having the same stance?

I'd want to know all the facts.

If my daughter or son were involved in something i'd want to know the truth of what happened.

As family you support them as much as you possibly can, that doesn't mean you shouldn't seek to find out everything that went down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back