News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Gollant didn’t play even when McAdam was suspended/injured this year.

They are nothing alike, and we’re not going to play Walker, Fogarty, Thilthorpe and Gollant together.

Gollant is a back up for one of the first three above, maybe only the first two as we haven’t played him in the ruck at AFL level.

They are our only 2 really reliable aerial threats up forward.
That makes them alike in a sense.

Gollant didn’t play even when McAdam was suspended/injured this year.

They are nothing alike, and we’re not going to play Walker, Fogarty, Thilthorpe and Gollant together.

Gollant is a back up for one of the first three above, maybe only the first two as we haven’t played him in the ruck at AFL level.
So you never watched the last AFL game this season?

Exactly. Our forward 6 will have guaranteed spots to Fog, Walker, Rash & Rank. No one should be upset with this.

We then have the following players who can play the other two, which I would not be upset about either: Thilthorpe (though would prefer him up the ground/ruck), Gollant, Keays, Pedlar (though would prefer him more in the middle). So thats 8 suitable players to fill 6 spots.

And thats not even counting Murphy or McHenry.

McAdam is the very definition of a player whose value as a trade is greater than his value in the team.
Id rather trade or delist keays, sloane, mchenry and murphy before considering any of them in our forward line over Shane Mcadam.

Sloane has been re-signed.. he aint playing SANFL and he aint gonna be playing midfield in our AFL 22…

So its wing and/or Half Forward for him locked in all year..regardless of how poor he performs

Two positions we have a shitload more much better options than Rory..

Id pick Ben keays in my half forward line before I’d put Sloane there..

And everyone here knows my thoughts/opinion of Benny..

So…

You reckon mcadam is moving to the more expensive to live city of melbourne… to go and play for the same, or maybe even less than, money on offer at his current club?… a club that if he stays at he doesnt need to uproot his current life for and doesnt need to outlay a heap of cash to stay at as he is already set up in the same state..

Just cause Rucci said Shane had a disagreement with Burgess 5 months ago.

That photo you posted of that river above… you’re not on it.. your fxxkn drowning in it..
I think he's unhappy at Adelaide, because he was unwilling to do the work that Burgess demanded.

... and given that he wanted out, Melbourne appear to have made him the most attractive offer (when his player manager went calling).

I don't think you can underestimate him maybe wanting to be closer to his brother too.

Until 2022 he had his brother here and I believe all 3 of McAdam, Johnson and Farrar had came down to Adelaide near or at the same time to begin with.

We’ve got mountains of cap space…

And two hacks in Sloane and murphy who should simply not have been prioritised before McAdam and clearly have been.

The “this wouldve always been a difficult re-signing” is a complete fallacy..

This is more sh*t list management. This is sloane and murphy being in the little favourites “circle” and mcadam clearly being on the outside.

This is yet more of the prioritising guys that try hard over guys with talent.

This is the crows personified..
Can you explain how Murphy and Sloane’s re-signings push McAdam out. Particularly, as you noted, we have plenty of cap space.

We also have enough list spots. So I don’t see how the two are related.

Think people are overcomplicating things.

You assemble a list of 'trade bait' crows, it's rather short and McAdam is on it.

Trade period (for us at least) has started and what do you know, McAdam is off.

The 3 year deal is one we would be happy to have him on but it leaves the door open to other offers, this is by design, not a fault of the offer.

The big question is will this pay off? Will the pick we receive unlock a bigger trade? Immediately we look in a stronger position for GC's pick. Can we fully take advantage of it?

Can you explain how Murphy and Sloane’s re-signings push McAdam out. Particularly, as you noted, we have plenty of cap space.

We also have enough list spots. So I don’t see how the two are related.
How do we have enough list spots?..

Currently we are extremely toghtbfor list spots..

We need ti jettison some players..

We need doedee to take an offer from lions

And it sounds like we are hoping sholl and mchenry look elsewhere and actualky get offers in doing so.. but if they dont we’re stuck with them..

List spots are tight.

And it sounds like we are hoping sholl and mchenry look elsewhere and actualky get offers in doing so.. but if they dont we’re stuck with them..

List spots are tight.
McAsey (ret)
Sloane (vet list) **
Hately (delist)
McAdam (trade)
Doedee (FA)

... then there's the option of moving players to the rookie list.

We're not that tight for positions. Unlikely that Sholl or McHenry are going anywhere, no matter how much you wish otherwise.

** Assuming the AFL gets of their backsides and formally announces this soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rooch such a disgusting rat

Hope we can keep him somehow but it’s sounding unlikely

Last edited:

List spots are tight.
Plenty of room to delist players and clearly we had a contract so list spots weren’t an issue.

Signing Sloane and Murphy, whatever anyone thinks of them, has NOTHING to do with McAdam.

Well…

There you have it. i’d believe Dillon more than that scumbag tosser Rucci..

Lowballed him probably on the money and contract length.. and the dees have pounced..

Hopefully the club can recover it and convince him to stay but it sounds like he’s thought he’s more wanted elsewhere..

Adds a different and very dangerous dynamic to our forward line.. would rather shane in there over murphy, sloane or keays..

Rooch such a disgusting putrid festering rat

Hope this is somehow true but I’m not getting my hopes up

I’m lucky I dont live in Adelaide.. i’d be up on assault charges by now..

I’m not an agressive person who likes a blue.. but I just dont know that I’d be able to stop myself from punching six shades of purple into Rucci if I ever happened to see him out in public.

Such a slimey little sh*t stain…

Last edited:
Don’t know why he was on the outer for much of the season but we were (are) a better mix with him in it
Talent identification under Nicks has been pretty shocking. Games wasted on plodders like Murphy and McHenry, games given to guys the club had no intention of retaining (Rowe), players in the reserves like Dowling not even getting a run in a dead rubber, Dawson to the backline etc. Just a shitshow all around.

Id rather trade or delist keays, sloane, mchenry and murphy before considering any of them in our forward line over Shane Mcadam.

Sloane has been re-signed.. he aint playing SANFL and he aint gonna be playing midfield in our AFL 22…

So its wing and/or Half Forward for him locked in all year..regardless of how poor he performs

Two positions we have a shitload more much better options than Rory..

Id pick Ben keays in my half forward line before I’d put Sloane there..

And everyone here knows my thoughts/opinion of Benny..
I know if Murphy and Sloane are in our starting side round one next year, someone will be tuning out

Except that there isn't the faintest scent of speculation, anywhere other than the fetid minds of the BF lower lifeforms, to suggest that money is the root cause of his departure. There's nothing to support this theory - nothing whatsoever.
What we know is ....the early season Contract that was offered to McAdam was 2 years, which he was unhappy about

The tenure was upped to 3 years recently ....it's said, that by the time he got the new offer, he had made-up his mind .....with the battle over his rehabilitation / work-rate, adding another element

Now, this all seems quite a plausible timeline of events

IF ....it was about money, we would have had McAdam's Manager floating the trade possibility much earlier than now, as leverage .....but there's been crickets

Think people are overcomplicating things.

You assemble a list of 'trade bait' crows, it's rather short and McAdam is on it.

Trade period (for us at least) has started and what do you know, McAdam is off.

The 3 year deal is one we would be happy to have him on but it leaves the door open to other offers, this is by design, not a fault of the offer.

The big question is will this pay off? Will the pick we receive unlock a bigger trade? Immediately we look in a stronger position for GC's pick. Can we fully take advantage of it?
When has trade bait ever paid off for us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back