Sheeds Amazing Reign

Remove this Banner Ad

What is also highlights is the instability of some clubs such as St Kilda and Richmond.
On the flipside, clubs like Eagles and Crows have had great continuity which reflects positively on them as professional clubs.

RICHMOND (12)
Tony Jewell (x2), Francis Bourke, Mike Patterson, Paul Sproule, Kevin Bartlett, Allan Jeans, John Northey, Robert Walls, Jeff Geischen, Danny Frawley.

ST KILDA (11)
Alex Jesaulenko, Tony Jewell, Graeme Gellie, Darrel Baldock, Allan Davis, Ken Sheldon, Stan Alves, Tim Watson, Malcolm Blight, Grant Thomas.

SYDNEY (11)
Ian Stewart, Ricky Quade, Bob Hammond, John Northey, Tom Hafey, Col Kinnear, Gary Buckenara, Brett Scott, Ron Barassi, Rodney Eade.

meh, the true basket cases of the last 20-30 years are simply reflected in their coaching changes - & whos to blame? methinks the boards filled with posers that didnt &/or havent got a clue

btw good work there strike swiftly

meh, the true basket cases of the last 20-30 years are simply reflected in their coaching changes - & whos to blame? methinks the boards filled with posers that didnt &/or havent got a clue

btw good work there strike swiftly

no dramas. supporters of those clubs arent in a position to criticsize

No wonder the Aints and Bitchmond have had so much success in the last 20 years. Have a look at those quality coaches !!!

LMAO:D

Funny enough

RICHMOND
Tony Jewell (PremierShip Coach)
Francis Bourke Coach to GF),
Allan Jeans (premiership coach),
Robert Walls (Premiership coach)

Interesting to see the results of coaching changes at some clubs, I think the Judge is the only Eagles coach that hasn't improved the club in his first season, let alone the rest of his tenure. The likes of the Saints and the Tigers always seem to threaten to reach the summit before sliding back down the hill, regardless of who is there.

During Sheeds reign as Essendon coach, he outlasted 95 other VFL/AFL coaches. What an amazing record! Could this record be beaten in the future?

Disclaimer: Current coaches not included in the 95.

[HAWTHORN (9)
Allan Jeans (x2), Alan Joyce (x2), Peter Knights, Ken Judge, Peter Schwab, Donald McDonald.

What is this (X2) crap? Yabby Jeans had a year off to have a Brain tumor removed, Joyce stood in for 1 year. Hardly considered being sacked or finished up twice....

Crap stat

well, of course there was that week that sheedy took off last year. should we count that as two tenures broken up by a week from gary o'donnell?

i think this minor point is worth getting really really worked up about. in fact, i think we should agonise over this little detail for a good couple of pages, ignore the original post and article some more and then try and make the thread about collingwood.

or we could just get over it and appreciate the span of time, the generations over which this man has served.

FFS, he's not dead is he?

There has been and will be better coaches than Sheedy. He just managed to con his employer to hang onto him longer than most.

I went into this thread paying respect to the bloke but the way some of you blokes are eulogisng him is pathetic.

Yes, he has done a lot. But no, he's not the messiah - he's just a very naughty boy!

I went into this thread paying respect to the bloke but the way some of you blokes are eulogisng him is pathetic.

![/B][/I]

you ain't seen nothing yet!!! just watch the next 6 weeks unfold. will be the biggest tugfest in memory. No mob has the ability to blow up there own bags like the Bummers. this will actually be their biggest celebration in the next 10 years - i guess we shouldn't begrudge a little self-indulgence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at he end of the day, what if sheedy decides to coach someone else?
then imagine how far he will go in terms of games and matches played also.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back